Zlatan Ibrahimovic

fergus90

This is amazing to me and truly evolutionary. if a 36 year old and 39 year old can perform at such a high level, imagine how long careers can be in the future? Following a proper diet and working out consistently is the key, there have been tremendous advances in nutritional science. I'm sure it will start being the norm to see players well into their 30's and maybe early 40's by 2030's.

You’re right in the fact that a lot more nutritional and sports science is involved these days. Players are expected to live the lifestyle too. My friend was at Portsmouth as a youngster just back in 2006 and the players would still go out drinking some nights after training as well as after a game. No chance clubs allow that to happen these days.

Morten

I think the most players havent got the displince to workout so much. Lewa, Ronaldo or Ibra are animals, the hunger for goals drives them.

It helps to have such a presence in the box like Ronaldo and Zlatan does(one by jumping height, the other by sheer size), in addition to being technically good.
Though you still have to be very professional, of course.

El Gato

Villarato!
https://twitter.com/RafaeLeao7/status/1330676348969512963

Everyone is a Zlatan cultist

This is amazing to me and truly evolutionary. if a 36 year old and 39 year old can perform at such a high level, imagine how long careers can be in the future? Following a proper diet and working out consistently is the key, there have been tremendous advances in nutritional science. I'm sure it will start being the norm to see players well into their 30's and maybe early 40's by 2030's.

Toni was a Capocannoniere at 38 in 14/15. It's hardly news that older players last longer in Italy. No surprise Zlatan can.

Last edited:

Blackened

Too bad he never won the big one. Never really shone in the biggest, most important games. In terms of strikers of the post Henry era, I'd say only Suarez was better in his prime (2012-2017). Too bad Suarez declined so fast. A true professional, Ibra.

kattanib

Too bad he never won the big one. Never really shone in the biggest, most important games. In terms of strikers of the post Henry era, I'd say only Suarez was better in his prime (2012-2017). Too bad Suarez declined so fast. A true professional, Ibra.

When was the prime Henry era? 2004? Adriano prime was a beast so was Van Nistelroy so was Etoo so was Rooney .. etc

Blackened

When was the prime Henry era? 2004? Adriano prime was a beast so was Van Nistelroy so was Etoo so was Rooney .. etc

I`d say the last 15 years or close to it. Etoo was excellent. Van Nistelroy as a finisher was pure class but he wasnt as versatile as Zlatan. Adriano was a flash in the pan. Rooney? Overhyped by the English media. Was over the hill by the time he was 28.

Andresito

Staff member
What's amazing with Zlatan isn't his prime but rather his consistency, especially after reaching 30.

I'd say many of his generation's (born in 80's) strikers had better primes than him including Rooney, Aguero, Villa, Torres, Eto'o and Suarez. Probably forgot someone.

Home of Barca Fans