Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Windhook

Pep has shared zero thoughts on this because he know he did a chicken move. It is well within the expectations to expect a brief conversation to explain to situation. Barca did buy him for shit loads of money, most likely the transfer was OK'd by Pep. Then 6 months later Pep changes the system and suddenly there's no role for Zlatan anymore, obviously this should warrant a discussion. Something simple like "Hey big nose, I feel we play better with Messi in the middle so there's no longer a role fitting you anymore, probably should look for a transfer, best of luck"

Chicken move? I bet it was one of the last transfer shits Laporta made on this club. As Zlatan said, it was clear to him from day 1 that Guardiola was displeased with his attitude on many things. Being humble is rule no.1 in Barcelona, which is to this day considered integral part of the club philosophy. No more Romario going to Rio Carnival shit!

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think Zlatan was bought without Pep's approval. Guy called the shots in his first year when he was new (getting rid of Ronsldinho, Deco). Everyone knew Zlatan's attitude so it's on Pep. He also asked specifically for Chygrinskiy, Fabregas, Alexis. All bad fits.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Don't think Zlatan was bought without Pep's approval. Guy called the shots in his first year when he was new (getting rid of Ronsldinho, Deco). Everyone knew Zlatan's attitude so it's on Pep. He also asked specifically for Chygrinskiy, Fabregas, Alexis. All bad fits.

Alexis was not a bad fit. We just did not use him correctly. In our formation, he would be brilliant as LF which we never considered.

Galning

As Zlatan said, it was clear to him from day 1 that Guardiola was displeased with his attitude on many things.

That is not true. Zlatan said everything was perfect between him and Pep for the first 6 months, then it changed because Pep moved Messi in CF position and stopped talking to him.

Windhook

That is not true. Zlatan said everything was perfect between him and Pep for the first 6 months, then it changed because Pep moved Messi in CF position and stopped talking to him.

Zlatan's words, quoted from El Flaco's post:
I remember on my first day, he told me that the Barcelona players didn’t turn up to training in Ferraris or Porsches. He’d already judged me then, but if you don’t know a person then you can’t judge them.

He says 6 months they were in good terms and then all of a sudden in the next line Zlatan mentions Pep's remarks on his superluxury car on day one. Pep had rules, Zlatan had his untouchable belief. Ego vs. ego. In the end the boss wins, because Zlatan is not Messi.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Zlatan's words, quoted from El Flaco's post:

He says 6 months they were in good terms and then all of a sudden in the next line Zlatan mentions Pep's remarks on his superluxury car on day one. Pep had rules, Zlatan had his untouchable belief. Ego vs. ego. In the end the boss wins, because Zlatan is not Messi.

Zlatan was rationalising there and looking for a reson why he was dropped and his ego can't take it was simply because he couldn't fit with Messi. Pep may or may not have liked his attitude but it wasn't a reason he was dropped.
Issue of not communicating is on pep though. As is him picking (or approving) Ibra on the first place.

Catta

No peps biggest mistake was getting Zlatan. If Barca just got Villa that season instead of Ibra and kept Eto'o, then probably Barca would have won 3 CLs in a row. Just imagine a villa-messi-etoo forward line all in their prime, would be unstoppable.

Zincubus

Banned
No peps biggest mistake was getting Zlatan. If Barca just got Villa that season instead of Ibra and kept Eto'o, then probably Barca would have won 3 CLs in a row. Just imagine a villa-messi-etoo forward line all in their prime, would be unstoppable.

Wasn't getting Ibra seen as a desperate move on our part ?

Eto'o must have wanted away for whatever reason . We surely didn't force him to go ?!

I don't honestly recall .

Catta

Wasn't getting Ibra seen as a desperate move on our part ?

Eto'o must have wanted away for whatever reason . We surely didn't force him to go ?!

I don't honestly recall .

As I remember Eto'o wanted the same salary as Messi and his contract was running out. But even so in hindsight it would have been better to keep Eto'o for one more season and let him leave on a free than get Ibra. But Barca wanted to get some money for him and in the end did the worst swap deal in history. I love Ibra, is one of my favorite players but he simply does not suit Barca

JamDav1982

As I remember Eto'o wanted the same salary as Messi and his contract was running out. But even so in hindsight it would have been better to keep Eto'o for one more season and let him leave on a free than get Ibra. But Barca wanted to get some money for him and in the end did the worst swap deal in history. I love Ibra, is one of my favorite players but he simply does not suit Barca

Pep wanted rid of Etoo from the start it was not to do with money.

Catta

Pep wanted rid of Etoo from the start it was not to do with money.

Oh yea, you're right, he wanted to sell Ron, Deco and Eto'o when he arrived, but could only sell Ron and Deco. Forgot about that, but still it was a stupid decision to swap them

ronniecro

how i wish if he could work it out for us,i'm never gonna get over it,i'm aware it was not possible for him to stay longer but damn how i wish the things were different,for me the best attacker ever after messi

Home of Barca Fans