Zlatan Ibrahimovic

BarcaOG

Banned
It's really sad that he was injured. But man, a 28 goal return from a 35 year old is unbelievable. He could have finished the season with 33-35. For his age those are freakish numbers.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's really sad that he was injured. But man, a 28 goal return from a 35 year old is unbelievable. He could have finished the season with 33-35. For his age those are freakish numbers.

He did that while playing for a team who have been in one of the worst phases in their history, in a league that has always ridiculed him!

Windhook

That used to happen in my Football Manager game - a player was not offered contract extension by his club, released as free agent and one month later re-signed for the same club.:lol:

Mitchell1978

I reckon he will improve on last seasons stats .
Playing in a much improved team :)

Doubtfull as he will play less, it could be some time before he is fully fit. But its a good move for both parties and respect to him for his rood to recovery that seems to be going great.

dillinja

I'm actually very curious to see how the situation will unfold. Lukaku should be their starter given his pricetag, his PL track record and the way he debuted his Man Utd career. But I dont see Zlatan settling for a bench role. And I dont see both of them in a front 2 either.

El Flaco

Zlatan on joining Barca and the problems he had with Guardiola

It was hard to take me away from Inter, my relationship with Moratti was great. Maxwell had also joined Barcelona and ​​I told him ‘I’ll give you my shoes, bring them to Barcelona and wait for me there, warm them up.’ After one or two days, the two clubs met and after 20 minutes, everything was done.

Mino called me and we went there, it was all done, the contract was signed and the Press conference was ready. There were 70,000 people at the stadium, I felt an adrenaline rush and motivation that I wanted to play right away.

My run of League titles? Barcelona wanted it, as did all the players, plus I didn’t want a complicated relationship with Barcelona.

It was the start, I wanted to do well and I was doing that. It looked like the Dream Team, there were Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Henry, Dani Alves. It was like when I arrived at Juventus, it was like playing FIFA.

Crisis with Guardiola? I was at Barca for a reason. I’d scored a lot of goals in my first six months and we won two Super Cups. The first six months were perfect.

After that, we changed system and tactics, and it wasn’t good for me, so the club told me to talk to Guardiola.

I told Guardiola that he’d sacrificed the other players for Messi. He told me he understood me. After that, he put me on the bench for the next game, the one after that and the one after that. And I thought, ‘he’s solved the problem very well I see!’ After that, he didn’t talk to me or even look at me.

I’d walk into a room and he’d walk out. I’d go to meet him and he’d go somewhere else. I understood that there was something beyond football. But the problem was his, it was he who hadn’t solved the problem with me. I remember on my first day, he told me that the Barcelona players didn’t turn up to training in Ferraris or Porsches. He’d already judged me then, but if you don’t know a person then you can’t judge them. I had my experience with him, I don’t know about others.

But I read the same thing had happened to Mandzukic and Eto’o. He wasn’t the worst Coach I’d worked under, but he was certainly the most immature because a man solves his problems.

http://www.football-italia.net/114170/zlatan-reignites-pep-feud

Windhook

The THUG LIFE Zlatan thinking his THUG LIFE attitude was bringing something great to FC Barcelona.:lol: He was far from Messi, Xavi and Iniesta's level and yet thought of himself as equal to them.

You don't demand respect, you earn it. That is Pep's philosophy on the Zlatan Ibrahimovic case and as we know he has shared zero thoughts about the Swede in the press. That's autobiography book material.

Zincubus

Banned
To be fair if anyone deserves respect it's Ibra - he's been amazingly successful at every team he's played with and in many different countries .

michelco

Pep has shared zero thoughts on this because he know he did a chicken move. It is well within the expectations to expect a brief conversation to explain to situation. Barca did buy him for shit loads of money, most likely the transfer was OK'd by Pep. Then 6 months later Pep changes the system and suddenly there's no role for Zlatan anymore, obviously this should warrant a discussion. Something simple like "Hey big nose, I feel we play better with Messi in the middle so there's no longer a role fitting you anymore, probably should look for a transfer, best of luck"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We won a CL a year later without Ibra so couldn't care less really. It's a pity we didn't sign Villa instead right away.

khaled_a_d

Pep has shared zero thoughts on this because he know he did a chicken move. It is well within the expectations to expect a brief conversation to explain to situation. Barca did buy him for shit loads of money, most likely the transfer was OK'd by Pep. Then 6 months later Pep changes the system and suddenly there's no role for Zlatan anymore, obviously this should warrant a discussion. Something simple like "Hey big nose, I feel we play better with Messi in the middle so there's no longer a role fitting you anymore, probably should look for a transfer, best of luck"

He was demanded by Pep, renew negotiations stalled when we started talking to Valencia for Villa rather than Ibra.

Home of Barca Fans