Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Trillske

Hope the world gets a clear look on how horrible CR is in tough games. They seem to have missed the 10 first classicos anyway. Today only a few swedes match his suckage first halv, and they dont even dive.

Z? Done great the little he has been involved. Which is not enough...come on ibracadabra.

Trillske

Ronaldo was the worst attacker on the pitch, nothing subjctive about that, he kept it up in second half. If he hadnt scored, we would have compilations of how insanely bad this performance was. And this is excluding the poor diving.

The goal though? Well taken. Its the one thing he did good.

For anyone actually watching fotball this was a clear 1-0 for ibra vs CR and and clear 0-0 for the teams. I think 1-0 should be expected for the home teams.

Regarding ibra, can anyone find an air duel he didnt win? Seriously I looked hard. And it includes random balls where he wasnt in the right position.

As for my general impression... mjeh. OK. I want to see ibra with the ball closer to goal. Didnt look like this was up to him in this game. Hopefully sweden can put up a better show home, and I think they will.

Last edited:

pEllee

Ronaldo is a clutch player, it's Zlatan who has to prove himself

To who? And why?

--

He was good today anyway. He had one job; Stay up the field, control those long balls and win the aerial duels. And he did just that. Sweden defended so deep he barely even had anyone supporting him but whenever he did get some players remotely close to him he always managed to link up.

Nothing wrong at all with his performance today.

I hate the fact that the media made this game about Ronaldo vs Zlatan. It's not a game between the two.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't even like the guy, but the world cup without Zlatan, is not ideal.

Ronaldo's overall game is pretty much always poor, just scores, all the time.

would much rather see Zlatan in the WC tbh.

Trillske

Oh, I see I forgot to add: i like to watch CR play fotball (when he doesnt cry). His speed, agility and shoot is amazing and entertaining.
He defininitely has it in his "genes" to be the best in the world. But he isnt. Not yet at least. Not only lesser than Messi, but Zlatan as well. And it has been that way for some time. It is not impossible that he will improve though - look at Zlatan; at CRs age he was still kind of insecure in big games. But today, CR is far behind both of them.

I find it down right mind boggling that people would call Z a big game bottler compared to CR. It just isnt true. CR is the player that has had great performances against small teams and failed miserabely almost every time when the going gets tough.

For me, as a swede, this was a big game. Huge. And after 30 minutes, I kept hoping for CR to get the ball, because he was the only player in portugal to simply give it away without pressure. Portugal played a good game despite CR. Because he cant handle this type of pressure, and it has been shown again and again and again and again these last 4 years. And then he started the diving. And the crying. And missed even more simple passes. CR was a complete clog in the machinery for Portugal in this game and I would argue the reason they only score one goal.

And, yes, I think it was a well taken goal. But keep in mind: with the goal keeper injured, he got an open goal and missed - meaning him walking away with anything less than a goal would be a statistical dissaster as well.

Simply put, CR is and seems to stay the most overrated player in the world. And I dont really like that. Z is extremely underrated for the things he does besides goal scoring, and I dont like that either.

footyfan

Calma, calma
What Ronaldo contributes to his team through goal scoring outweighs almost everything Zlatan does for his own team.

Trillske

What Ronaldo contributes to his team through goal scoring outweighs almost everything Zlatan does for his own team.
This logic is nothing short of strange.

Anyway, round 2 on tuesday. To sum up round 1:
ron7.jpg

2vbwtjd.jpg

Trillske

Again a better performance by ibra than CR, but again Portugal are the worthy team.

I find some (small) comfort in the fact that tonight it took some effort to outperform CR.. Atleast Z shows his worth...

Irish_Cules

Again a better performance by ibra than CR, but again Portugal are the worthy team.

I find some (small) comfort in the fact that tonight it took some effort to outperform CR.. Atleast Z shows his worth...

Eh...Ronaldo got a hat trick. He was hardly outperformed.

Trillske

It only makes sense for people watching fotball. Sorry to be so blunt but I have no interest in a discussion, so cards on the table.

I know CR has a lot of angry fans. If you dont reach the conclusions; up to you.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
There goes that chance. He never got a real chance to perform at the world cup and now it's too late. How sad.

Feel sorry for him, too. He will probably continue to be underrated. Sorry for you guys in general. Better luck next time!

Last edited:

Galning

:worthy: my man. Most Swedish players don't deserve to wear the same shirt as him to be honest, no disrespect to them. They are just lucky they were born in the same country because dear goodness this guy has carried this team on his back for the last 5 years.

Got two chances and burried both. Created 3-4 clear chances for his teammates and they missed. Ronaldo could've easily scored 6-7 times today and I'm not even exaggerating, Portugal overall were the better team. As Trillske said though Ibrahimovic, personally, was better than Ronaldo in today's game.
Swedish defence costs them the World Cup. Really not good enough to make it to a major tournament. Luckily midfield can count on Zlatan to create shit and attack can count on big Z as well.

Edit: Howard Webb should grow a pair because that pull on Ibra on a "normal" seized guy is a clear penalty but just because the man weighs 95 kg he thinks it's best to close his eyes and hope nobody notices it.

Home of Barca Fans