Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
If it was anybody other than Ibrahimovic nothing would've happened. Suspension would be the same.

I'm not bothered as it makes it better watching for me, but if i was a Barcelona fan i'd be pretty irate, still should go through quite comfortable but even still..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I stopped watching the NBA & NFL because the whole of the sport was gamed, football is starting to look similar...Fortunately, Barcelona still play the most eye pleasing football

Tomchin

I stopped watching the NBA & NFL because the whole of the sport was gamed, football is starting to look similar...Fortunately, Barcelona still play the most eye pleasing football
What do you mean with that expression ("the whole of the sport was gamed")?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
NBA & NFL have many aspects to the game, from the leagues to teams, agents, referees, commissioner, owners, players, politics etc....Corrupt on multiple levels so that you never could consistently watch something without there being some agenda played out...All became very fake/phoney to me and less a sport than glorified entertainment sideshow

Football still has the beauty of the game working in its favor but the dark elements are there and continue to influence the sport in an unsportsmanlike way towards marketing and money.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
NBA & NFL have many aspects to the game, from the leagues to teams, agents, referees, commissioner, owners, players, politics etc....Corrupt on multiple levels so that you never could consistently watch something without there being some agenda played out...All became very fake/phoney to me and less a sport than glorified entertainment sideshow

Football still has the beauty of the game working in its favor but the dark elements are there and continue to influence the sport in an unsportsmanlike way towards marketing and money.

Don't be naive, football has been corrupt for ages, and to some extent even worse than american sports...

But come on, Ibra got his ban reduced, it's no big deal... You all make it sound like we are doomed, like Ibra playing is an instant win for PSG... Get a grip, if we play well enough, all of this will be just a bad news story...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Don't be naive, football has been corrupt for ages, and to some extent even worse than american sports...

The difference is, I have far more direct experience with American professional sports than you do to judge, I wager...Football is indeed corrupt, beyond all the match fixing scandals in recent years...As Chris Rock pointed out in the first Rush Hour, follow the money and there's always some white dude running things

But come on, Ibra got his ban reduced, it's no big deal... You all make it sound like we are doomed, like Ibra playing is an instant win for PSG... Get a grip, if we play well enough, all of this will be just a bad news story...

Sounds like you're being naive...It's unprecedented in the modern era for a player to have his ban reduced during a championship run for Champions League

I said nothing about doom, you're drawing illogical conclusions whereas I've gone on facts

B

beautifulgame

FC is correct in that is unprecedented and thus, a suspect decision. Especially considering the call was correct and better appeals have gone unrealized by Uefa. That said, eff it.

hellsangel1

The NBA is a little suspect but I don't consider the NFL by and large to 'have an agenda'. Bad calls are made in every sport and football has always been one of the more corrupt sport with big clubs getting away with a ridiculous amount of BS and a silent complicity with racist behaviour from fans in certain countries. I

n NBA playoffs in a 7 game-series, an extremely large majority of the the time the calls do tend to 'balance' themselves out and the better team almost always prevails. The last time I saw a series that looked clearly fishy to me was the Kings-Lakers Conference Finals in 2002. I haven't seen every playoff series since then but there are usually bad calls that go against both teams in a game.

hellsangel1

Zlatan's inclusion is a huge, huge boost to PSG. We all know that PSG will generally be playing on the counter-attack and at times will be playing pretty deep so when they do get possession they will pump the ball upfield to Zlatan who is good at holding up the ball and then involving his team-mates. Without Zlatan, PSG don't have a reference point upfront.

I find it ridiculous that the Barca management or coaches haven't made any big deal about the decision to over-turn the suspension. If this was Mourinho or Wenger or Sir Alex these guys would've raised strong objections. One can only imagine what Mourinho or the Barca haters would've had to say if Barcelona had one of their player's suspension overturned to play in an important game.

LeoGotSkillz

Zlatan's inclusion is a huge, huge boost to PSG. We all know that PSG will generally be playing on the counter-attack and at times will be playing pretty deep so when they do get possession they will pump the ball upfield to Zlatan who is good at holding up the ball and then involving his team-mates. Without Zlatan, PSG don't have a reference point upfront.

I find it ridiculous that the Barca management or coaches haven't made any big deal about the decision to over-turn the suspension. If this was Mourinho or Wenger or Sir Alex these guys would've raised strong objections. One can only imagine what Mourinho or the Barca haters would've had to say if Barcelona had one of their player's suspension overturned to play in an important game.

In your opinion what kind of message would it give to the Barca players if the management would be crying about Ibra decision? A) we do not care, we shall go through B) we are f***ed, how could we possibly win. In my opinion complaining about this decision would be pretty much the most stupid thing management could do. How often has a referee withdrawn a yellow or a red? Now the referee has spoken, Ibre shall play.

Home of Barca Fans