Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Y

Youngie

Should have had 3 match ban for that tackle; its over the ball, studs up in an attempt to harm the player after the first challenge.

Spot on.

And Víctor Valdés was suspended for FOUR games for doing nothing....

Garrus

I don't see where the problem is, We're going to play them with an almost full team, Why shouldn't they.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I can't remember UEFA ever reducing a suspension...

They've reduced bans that went into the following season but during a championship run?...I can't recall one either

Glad for him that he gets to play but does seem pretty arbitrary when you consider how many times Barcelona has appealed red card bans in CL to no avail...Does make you wonder if this wasn't a ratings decision

Stric

This has scam written all over it. Ibrahimović was suspended on February 27th. That's exactly a month ago. And today they decide they'll reduce the suspension? Funny how there was no reply from UEFA until after the QF draw.

OrangeOpti

Barça
Either you think he is the best player in the world, or he didnt flop when he played you with Milan.

Option 3: He flopped because he was invisible the entire match despite being hyped as the only player capable of stopping Barca, then when he had the chance he fucked it up. I call that flopping.

Trillske

Maybe EUFA felt bad because they have mistreated him the past 10 years.
Option 3: He flopped because he was invisible the entire match despite being hyped as the only player capable of stopping Barca, then when he had the chance he fucked it up. I call that flopping.
Best player on the pitch the first game, both teams included. Monster all over the field. Pretty average the return leg.

Sorry, for me its easy to remember what happened one year back. ;)

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
More of a spectacle with Z than without him. I don't think that foul was deliberate and many people agree, many think the opposite. We'll never know, I guess. I'm happy with the decision :)

PearLBLacK

Banned
He'll give them some strength up front but tbh I think they're better off without him. He was horrible in the first leg and I don't think they'll miss him if he doesn't play. But let's hope he can exploit whatever makeshift defense Barca uses, always wonderful seeing Piqué manhandled.

Spot on.

And Víctor Valdés was suspended for FOUR games for doing nothing....

In case you're not aware, the league and the CL are two completely different competitions.

OrangeOpti

Barça
Maybe EUFA felt bad because they have mistreated him the past 10 years. Best player on the pitch the first game, both teams included. Monster all over the field. Pretty average the return leg.

Sorry, for me its easy to remember what happened one year back. ;)

I doubt there's any need to call for memory problems. I daresay our opinions differ. I thought he was pretty meh.

0n0mat0p0eia

I don't see where the problem is, We're going to play them with an almost full team, Why shouldn't they.

Really? We should forget all about the Rules and punishment system in an effort to ensure one team is not disadvantaged because of a dangerous over the top tackle which received the deserved 3 match ban.

Lets let the teams pick up the ball and run with it, shall we?

Trillske

I doubt there's any need to call for memory problems. I daresay our opinions differ. I thought he was pretty meh.
Sure, but come on.

Shows some of his mid field presence:
[YOUTUBE]?v=_m72L7h0ROI[/YOUTUBE]
His every move wasnt perfect, but that is an incredible performance against Barcelona in CL. Rarely do you see an individual player take control like that in those games. The star player(s) generally disappear completely.

He was really good in the group stages against Barcelona with Milan as well.

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't like him but he was indeed very good against Barcelona, both in groups and KO.

Barcelona's defense is even worse this season, I look forward to watching Zlatan bully. (not if it's on at the same time as Juve-Bayern though!)

Home of Barca Fans