Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Trillske

I've never heard anyone say "Zlatanera"...
Thats probably because we are all what is usually referred to as "old" but actually means "not in preliminary school". Well personally I might slip into "not even in grad-school" or rather "shoudnt be", but the point remains: 9 year olds never made sense.

Last edited:

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
12 moments that defined 2012

Ibra to the four
14 November
This was the first-ever match at the Friends Arena, but it is unlikely that the sparkling new Stockholm stadium will ever witness a more devastating individual display. Zlatan Ibrahimovic became the first player in 915 matches to score four times against England, but it was the nature of his final goal – an amazing 30-yard overhead kick – that had the striker’s name on everyone’s lips the following day.

Trillske

Zlatan Ibrahimovic became the first player in 915 matches to score four times against England, but it was the nature of his final goal – an amazing 30-yard overhead kick
Get out, no way this actually happened. :lol:

It is not realistic enough to be decent fiction.. maybe a childish cartoon.

Trillske

I think he may be talking about the first player to score 4 against England.
In text it just looks hilarious. His whole career the english have called him overrated at best, and not only is he the first player to score 4 - he tops it of with a 30-yard overhead kick. :lol:

Doobs

The Messiah
They definitely have not given him the credit he deserves, no doubt about that, but they could argue that those kind of performances never come on the big stage. That's why I mentioned it.

Trillske

Yeah, but its a bit backwards to hold the performance against him, because no one really does that in big or small games.

Messi has done some incredible things in big games, enough to be talked about as the best ever even though he is just 25. His game against United in the CL final might be the best individual performance I have ever seen in a game of that caliber. But he still did not first score 3 great goals and then top it of with a 30-yard overhead kick.

And if we disregard Messi, no other player is much of a "big game player". C. Ronaldo certainly is not. In CL knockouts no player ever relaxes, and the best players gets a huge amount of marking. While Messi have constantly dribbled his way through them in certain games, no other player does.

Sure, I would like to see Ibra completely dominate a big CL game before he quits. But his performances have been good enough for a world class player, just never that "unique" level he showed in the friendly against England.

Home of Barca Fans