User Tag List

Page 190 of 195 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 2919

Thread: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

  1. #2836
    Senior Member
    Windhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,784
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michelco View Post
    Pep has shared zero thoughts on this because he know he did a chicken move. It is well within the expectations to expect a brief conversation to explain to situation. Barca did buy him for shit loads of money, most likely the transfer was OK'd by Pep. Then 6 months later Pep changes the system and suddenly there's no role for Zlatan anymore, obviously this should warrant a discussion. Something simple like "Hey big nose, I feel we play better with Messi in the middle so there's no longer a role fitting you anymore, probably should look for a transfer, best of luck"
    Chicken move? I bet it was one of the last transfer shits Laporta made on this club. As Zlatan said, it was clear to him from day 1 that Guardiola was displeased with his attitude on many things. Being humble is rule no.1 in Barcelona, which is to this day considered integral part of the club philosophy. No more Romario going to Rio Carnival shit!
    Last edited by Windhook; 15th December 2017 at 12:01 AM.

  2. #2837
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    29,018
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think Zlatan was bought without Pep's approval. Guy called the shots in his first year when he was new (getting rid of Ronsldinho, Deco). Everyone knew Zlatan's attitude so it's on Pep. He also asked specifically for Chygrinskiy, Fabregas, Alexis. All bad fits.

  3. #2838
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Don't think Zlatan was bought without Pep's approval. Guy called the shots in his first year when he was new (getting rid of Ronsldinho, Deco). Everyone knew Zlatan's attitude so it's on Pep. He also asked specifically for Chygrinskiy, Fabregas, Alexis. All bad fits.
    Alexis was not a bad fit. We just did not use him correctly. In our formation, he would be brilliant as LF which we never considered.

  4. #2839
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,530
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    As Zlatan said, it was clear to him from day 1 that Guardiola was displeased with his attitude on many things.
    That is not true. Zlatan said everything was perfect between him and Pep for the first 6 months, then it changed because Pep moved Messi in CF position and stopped talking to him.

  5. #2840
    Senior Member
    Windhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,784
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    That is not true. Zlatan said everything was perfect between him and Pep for the first 6 months, then it changed because Pep moved Messi in CF position and stopped talking to him.
    Zlatan's words, quoted from El Flaco's post:
    I remember on my first day, he told me that the Barcelona players didn’t turn up to training in Ferraris or Porsches. He’d already judged me then, but if you don’t know a person then you can’t judge them.
    He says 6 months they were in good terms and then all of a sudden in the next line Zlatan mentions Pep's remarks on his superluxury car on day one. Pep had rules, Zlatan had his untouchable belief. Ego vs. ego. In the end the boss wins, because Zlatan is not Messi.
    Last edited by Windhook; 17th December 2017 at 12:31 PM.

  6. #2841
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    29,018
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    Zlatan's words, quoted from El Flaco's post:


    He says 6 months they were in good terms and then all of a sudden in the next line Zlatan mentions Pep's remarks on his superluxury car on day one. Pep had rules, Zlatan had his untouchable belief. Ego vs. ego. In the end the boss wins, because Zlatan is not Messi.
    Zlatan was rationalising there and looking for a reson why he was dropped and his ego can't take it was simply because he couldn't fit with Messi. Pep may or may not have liked his attitude but it wasn't a reason he was dropped.
    Issue of not communicating is on pep though. As is him picking (or approving) Ibra on the first place.

  7. #2842
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/ln35qLphK4I

    Best striker in the world in his very long prime.

    Pep's biggest mistake! He could stil he our main striker. Bargain transfer!

  8. #2843
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he was a bad fir from, so no you're wrong

  9. #2844
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No peps biggest mistake was getting Zlatan. If Barca just got Villa that season instead of Ibra and kept Eto'o, then probably Barca would have won 3 CLs in a row. Just imagine a villa-messi-etoo forward line all in their prime, would be unstoppable.

  10. #2845
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,548
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    No peps biggest mistake was getting Zlatan. If Barca just got Villa that season instead of Ibra and kept Eto'o, then probably Barca would have won 3 CLs in a row. Just imagine a villa-messi-etoo forward line all in their prime, would be unstoppable.
    Wasn't getting Ibra seen as a desperate move on our part ?

    Eto'o must have wanted away for whatever reason . We surely didn't force him to go ?!

    I don't honestly recall .

  11. #2846
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Wasn't getting Ibra seen as a desperate move on our part ?

    Eto'o must have wanted away for whatever reason . We surely didn't force him to go ?!

    I don't honestly recall .
    Pep wanted Etoo out and Cruyff was pushing for Ibra supposedly.

  12. #2847
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Wasn't getting Ibra seen as a desperate move on our part ?

    Eto'o must have wanted away for whatever reason . We surely didn't force him to go ?!

    I don't honestly recall .
    As I remember Eto'o wanted the same salary as Messi and his contract was running out. But even so in hindsight it would have been better to keep Eto'o for one more season and let him leave on a free than get Ibra. But Barca wanted to get some money for him and in the end did the worst swap deal in history. I love Ibra, is one of my favorite players but he simply does not suit Barca

  13. #2848
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    As I remember Eto'o wanted the same salary as Messi and his contract was running out. But even so in hindsight it would have been better to keep Eto'o for one more season and let him leave on a free than get Ibra. But Barca wanted to get some money for him and in the end did the worst swap deal in history. I love Ibra, is one of my favorite players but he simply does not suit Barca
    Pep wanted rid of Etoo from the start it was not to do with money.

  14. #2849
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Pep wanted rid of Etoo from the start it was not to do with money.
    Oh yea, you're right, he wanted to sell Ron, Deco and Eto'o when he arrived, but could only sell Ron and Deco. Forgot about that, but still it was a stupid decision to swap them

  15. #2850
    Senior Member
    ronniecro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,165
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how i wish if he could work it out for us,i'm never gonna get over it,i'm aware it was not possible for him to stay longer but damn how i wish the things were different,for me the best attacker ever after messi

Tags for this Thread