Zlatan Ibrahimovic

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The guy has just been inflated by his own media image, no doubt he's a good player but he makes himself sound like a complete arse with some of the things he comes out with. Can you imagine if Penaldo leaves Madrid with two boys with shirts saying King and Legend on the back :lol:

Trillske

The guy has just been inflated by his own media image, no doubt he's a good player but he makes himself sound like a complete arse with some of the things he comes out with. Can you imagine if Penaldo leaves Madrid with two boys with shirts saying King and Legend on the back :lol:

Yeah, but this just illustrates he is one of a kind.

To sum this up, this is the ego that thought he would get away bashing France publicaly in France. Not long after he says that he came there as a king, and will leave as a legend.

So what happened with that statement? Well, the game halts as he scores the second record breaking goal, he carries his sons with the texts "King" and "Legend" on their shirts as he leaves the field before 90 minutes to symbol an end of an era and the job already done. Paris? They give him another standing ovation, light up the eiffel tower, and play the swedish national anthem as he leaves the spotlight.

He just keeps on pulling of the impossible. I hope he has at least one more trick to show us before he is done.

DennyCrane

A big part of his career was that ridiculous over-branding "hash tag nonsense", though. Even all those corny #DareToZlatan hashtags are result of a huge PR department.

Sports journalists, who think that proper coverage of an athlete consists of randomly stringing nonsense and wishy washy gut-feelings together on Twitter shouldn't accuse others of hash-tag nonsense. That's all.

Other than that, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can take Zlatan's shtick seriously and attempt to criticize it when it's played for laughs in the first place. His self prasising is so over the top it's comical.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Am I the only one that can't stand this guy........

I really don't mind him.. His cockiness and ego is half serious.. He always is smiling and laughing when he's saying these things in interviews unlike some players. He's a unique personality and will be missed!

Stric

I'm not saying he doesn't have a huge ego, he obviously does, but I'm pretty sure that these statements all take on a somewhat different tone once you read them as quotes on Twitter, as opposed to seeing/hearing him say it in person. I always remember how Busquets recently said that Ibra was a nice guy and a real joker, but that he had the meanest poker face and you could never tell whether he's joking or not.

Falcao

A lot of it is tongue in cheek, he is box office and knows it so gives people what they want. We need more personalities in football.

Home of Barca Fans