Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Altomonte

Yeah he was upset Borg was no.1 and he only finished no.2. You're a funny guy Zlatan, but seriously, cry more. It's just a poll.

Top Swedish sports heros:
Tennis: Bjorn Borg, Mats Wilander, Stefan Edberg (all ranked #1 in the world)
Skiing: Ingemar Stenmark (mos World Cup wins of all time)
Cross Country Skiing: Gunde Svan, Sixten Jernberg (numerous olympic golds)
Boxing: Ingemar Johansson (Heavyweight World Champion)
Football: Gunnar Gren, Thomas Nordahl (also Liedholm, Hamrin, Skoglund)

Sweden reached the Football WC final against Brazil and lost 5:2, the breakout game for 17-year old Pele. Gunnar Gren and Thomas Nordahl both played as professionals in Italy and were ranked about where Zlatan is today.

Conclusion: Very kind to rank Zlatan as #4 in Sweden, after Borg, Stenmark and Johansson who all were ranked #1 in their respective sports. To be fair he should be ranked #7 or #8. Swedes who rank him higher don't know their own history. However, he may be #1 in making money.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Not his best of games, but definitely the best performance in a while. I hope he continues to improve, he should be well over his injury by now. It's time to raise his game back and bag a few at the Bridge.

Bertus

Not his best of games, but definitely the best performance in a while. I hope he continues to improve, he should be well over his injury by now. It's time to raise his game back and bag a few at the Bridge.
I didn't see that best performance.

He had one great chance and missed it. Besides that, he was slower than usual and he missed a few easy passes.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He won't bag nothing, his static movement is horrible, never makes runs in behind to trouble defenses.

John Terry will just sit back and laugh at him, much easier to defend what's infront of you.

Surprised that he actually attempted a header in this game, usually goes for a stupid karate kick rather than the simple stuff.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he is more of a second striker. he needs a strike partner to stretch the defence or runners from midfield. he is good at controlling the ball and doing layoffs. he can also get a goal from nowhere.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He is usually playing more like a false 9 in Europe because PSG needs his play making skills rather than him providing a target as a true 9. In Ligue 1 it is different.

He was physically dominant and shielded the ball well in the first half. With a Lucas by his side things could have been much different tonight

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I agree, finally a decent game from him. But he is not over his injury. When he started playing after the injury they said that he won't recover from it any time soon.

I didn't see that best performance.

He had one great chance and missed it. Besides that, he was slower than usual and he missed a few easy passes.

Hi, well informed, negative pessimist :) He missed only one easy pass, if I remember correctly. That is *fantastic*, because that's his weakest spot. He usually misses several easy passes *each game*.

Bertus

@kingmessi

giphy.gif

Looks like that, mostly with or without the jump depending on the day.

Home of Barca Fans