Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Majin Buu

I do find myself being spoiled as well with what Messi does but when I watch other games that day I re-watch the Barca game highlight reel and say "that dude is a beast".

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There is truth in that, but not all of it is true :) Messi does make some amazing things look like child's play. However, Messi's amazing stuff is always the same - either a dribbling which is based on insanely quick direction change, or a perfectly executed shot on goal. He does both much better than anyone else, and that's what makes him the best player in the world (and the fact that he's playing for Barca which, for many reasons, suits him perfectly, but that's off topic :) ).

When Zlatman does his awesome stuff, it's often something you see for the first time, or at least something you see very rarely. That's why, for me at least, Zlatman is far more entertaining, not just because Messi spoiled us all.

Come on, admit I'm right :D
you are bro... you always are

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
There is truth in that, but not all of it is true :) Messi does make some amazing things look like child's play. However, Messi's amazing stuff is always the same - either a dribbling which is based on insanely quick direction change, or a perfectly executed shot on goal. He does both much better than anyone else, and that's what makes him the best player in the world (and the fact that he's playing for Barca which, for many reasons, suits him perfectly, but that's off topic :) ).

When Zlatman does his awesome stuff, it's often something you see for the first time, or at least something you see very rarely. That's why, for me at least, Zlatman is far more entertaining, not just because Messi spoiled us all.

Come on, admit I'm right :D

I admit!

But seriously, Messi has 3-4 things he does better than any players in history. Of course Messi is entertaining, he has some crazy assists, some amazing shooting, he just 'flows' when he dribbles past 4-5 players like they were kids and he does some unexpected tricks here and there. BUT, Ibra's assists are on another level than Messis, Ibra's overall link up / target qualities are better than Messi's and Ibra just amazes me almost every match with something new that I've never seen before that is just CRAZY!
The whole Barca debacle was a mistake, but Pep should have known how Ibra is - he has a strong personality. But Ibra was right, Pep bought a Ferrari but drove it like a Fiat.

Zincubus

Banned
I admit!

But seriously, Messi has 3-4 things he does better than any players in history. Of course Messi is entertaining, he has some crazy assists, some amazing shooting, he just 'flows' when he dribbles past 4-5 players like they were kids and he does some unexpected tricks here and there. BUT, Ibra's assists are on another level than Messis, Ibra's overall link up / target qualities are better than Messi's and Ibra just amazes me almost every match with something new that I've never seen before that is just CRAZY!
The whole Barca debacle was a mistake, but Pep should have known how Ibra is - he has a strong personality. But Ibra was right, Pep bought a Ferrari but drove it like a Fiat.

I still think he's worth another shot .
Messi / Neymar/Ibra !

Maria

Did Thiarry Henry win the CL before he came to us? Oh wait....

images

Maria

his failure to win it with us was as much because of him as it was because of Pep

I would actually believe this if I wouldn't have seen Ibra just walking on the pitch against Inter..mistakes I can forgive, but not when I see someone not giving his best.

Trillske

I would actually believe this if I wouldn't have seen Ibra just walking on the pitch against Inter..mistakes I can forgive, but not when I see someone not giving his best.
Ibra ran more than Messi. He wasnt good, neither was Messi, neither was the majority of the team. But try he did.

Jesus, of course I respect that a lot of you guys in here rate Messi and not Ibra, but get your facts straight.

his failure to win it with us was as much because of him as it was because of Pep
I´d say the volcano induced buss ride was a huge factor. And then of course a whole bunch of bad luck. Barcelona was completely dominant in the world that season.

The only valid argument is really just that Ibra is an "unlucky" player in CL by nature and brings it with him. If you believe that sort of thing, he makes a strong case for it.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

this.

that sulking, that was it for me when it came to ibra in barca.

CesDel

Ibra ran more than Messi. He wasnt good, neither was Messi, neither was the majority of the team. But try he did.

Jesus, of course I respect that a lot of you guys in here rate Messi and not Ibra, but get your facts straight.

I´d say the volcano induced buss ride was a huge factor. And then of course a whole bunch of bad luck. Barcelona was completely dominant in the world that season.

The only valid argument is really just that Ibra is an "unlucky" player in CL by nature and brings it with him. If you believe that sort of thing, he makes a strong case for it.

Ibra ran more than Messi? Is that even true?

Home of Barca Fans