Page 975 of 975 FirstFirst ... 475875925965973974975
Results 14,611 to 14,616 of 14616

Thread: Real Madrid

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    I was only referring to Ronaldo as I think their attacking line (including AMs) has enough firepower to do well (certainly I do not deny Ronaldo has been clutch for them). Of course they have players that will need to be replaced soon such as Marcelo and Modric etc. But no means they are all set. Of course not.

The point is they can start experimenting their youngsters and this is the perfect time to do so.

We will not have this luxury when Messi is gone, that’s why I have been saying we need to start planning early.
    This time last year Theo Hernandez, Vallejo, Llorente, Asensio, Kovacic etc were being held up as Real being 'set for future'. Folk go over the top when Real sign a younger player.

Example being the young Brazilians. Barca being slaughtered when linked to big fees for those players but for Real it is them assuring their future.

Barca have been planning for future.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    This time last year Theo Hernandez, Vallejo, Llorente, Asensio, Kovacic etc were being held up as Real being 'set for future'. Folk go over the top when Real sign a younger player.

Example being the young Brazilians. Barca being slaughtered when linked to big fees for those players but for Real it is them assuring their future.

Barca have been planning for future.
    It is too early to rule out those folks already, especially Asensio and Vallejo. Kovacic to me is a victim of their own success, their midfield is so good that he hardly gets any chance to play, and I still think he is going to stay with them. He is not a bad player.

I for one would rather that we pay the necessary fees to play the Brazilian lottery (I guess in a way we have, with Arthur) to lock down one of those brightest talents. But I also know that next year there could be another bunch coming up for grabs.

But I admit it kills me to see Real Madrid, Bayern and City (to a lesser degree) grabbing young talents.
    Last edited by Luftstalag14; Yesterday at 06:57 PM.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    It is too early to rule out those folks already, especially Asensio and Vallejo. Kavacic to me is a victim of their own success, their midfield is so good that he hardly gets any chance to play, and I still think he is going to stay with them. He is not a bad player.

I for one would rather that we pay the necessary fees to play the Brazilian lottery (I guess in a way we have, with Arthur) to lock down one of those brightest talents. But I also know that next year there could be another bunch coming up for grabs.

But I concur and admit it kills me to see Real Madrid and Bayern grabbing young talents.
    Just as is it is was too early last summer to assume those players guarantee the future of Real.

Cant have it all ways. If the idea is that Barca should be more committed to young B team players cant be wanting the club to stockpile youngish players who will need time to develop or pay 90m for two 16 years olds.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Just as is it is was too early last summer to assume those players guarantee the future of Real.

Cant have it all ways. If the idea is that Barca should be more committed to young B team players cant be wanting the club to stockpile youngish players who will need time to develop or pay 90m for two 16 years olds.
    Very true.

Both us and Real Madrid have drifted away from the true cantera model to a large degree. Sigh, it is the reality of today’s highly competitive football world.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's question marks on the likes of Theo and Vallejo.

Theo imo isn't someone who has the patience to wait until Marcelo declines and the skill sets between them are radically different. It would be like us comparing Alves to Alba in terms of talent and skill sets and one is Right footed and the other is left footed.

Vallejo, He's a talented CB and also injury prone if going by this season. He also doesn't seem to have that aura like Varane had at his age.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    There's question marks on the likes of Theo and Vallejo.

Theo imo isn't someone who has the patience to wait until Marcelo declines and the skill sets between them are radically different. It would be like us comparing Alves to Alba in terms of talent and skill sets and one is Right footed and the other is left footed.

Vallejo, He's a talented CB and also injury prone if going by this season. He also doesn't seem to have that aura like Varane had at his age.
    He doesn't really have the choice in patience. If he can't learn from the bench like most other youngsters do then he won't make it in top level football. Took Nacho years to get where he is. As for Vallejo, he barely puts a foot wrong whenever he gets on the pitch. He played very well against Juventus. And early injuries were Varane's problem too. So long as his head and skill are there, he's got a place here, as 3rd or 4th.
    People are boring.