Real Madrid

aaron101

Now the players will most likely get confused with the team's setup and tactics for the World Cup. What a of destroying their own team just 2 days before the World Cup. They should have just asked Del Bosque to be the temporary manager just for the World Cup.

El Gato

Villarato!
But there is a massive difference to on the sly agreeing to join another club while still under contract and having a select number of squad aware of it.

He had to go and cant have had the trust of players after that if they were not all on equal terms.

Nobody is ever on equal terms in any team, for one reason or another. Unless we assume everyone's in a kindergarten adopting "oh he told RM lads, but didn't tell us? how dare he.." line of thinking.

MagIX

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri says he rejected offer to coach Real Madrid

"I said no to Real Madrid," Allegri told Sky Sport Italia. "I did it on the phone to Florentino Perez because I had given my word to president Andrea Agnelli."

"I thanked Florentino for the offer but said I couldn't accept it out of the respect I owed to Juventus."

Allegri also indicated that Real were not the only club to have made an approach amid speculation that Chelsea were targeting him as a potential replacement for ex-Juve manager Antonio Conte.

"Let's just say that I had made up my mind and already given my word to Juventus," Allegri said when asked whether he had received other offers. "I simply informed this to all of those who came looking for me."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/juventus...i-says-he-rejected-offer-to-coach-real-madrid

El Flaco

Unfortunately, this is actually great for Real Madrid....

Spain would've definitely gone far in the tournament, at least reaching QF as a minimum. And Lopetegui wouldn't return to Madrid until in the middle of July, which is overlapping Real Madrid's pre-season.

And instead of spending his time with Spain, Lopetegui can now fully concentrate on Real Madrid.

- Can arrange their pre-season.
- Communicate with Pérez on players he's interested to sign.
- Speaking to players who won't be part of his squad into 18/19 season.

BarçaBarça

Unfortunately, this is actually great for Real Madrid....

Spain would've definitely gone far in the tournament, at least reaching QF as a minimum. And Lopetegui wouldn't return to Madrid until in the middle of July, which is overlapping Real Madrid's pre-season.

And instead of spending his time with Spain, Lopetegui can now fully concentrate on Real Madrid.

- Can arrange their pre-season.
- Communicate with Pérez on players he's interested to sign.
- Speaking to players who won't be part of his squad into 18/19 season.

Don't see ghosts anywhere, this could just as possible be bad for Madrid:
- A bit awkward start in the dressing-room if Spain doesn't do well at WC.
- Needs to "prove" himself a bit earlier than without the saga, as he was an element in the chaos, and fans will have less patience.
- Madrid don't get the shine if Spain wins, Lopetegui doesn't arrive as a success-coach.

In addition whether he is a good coach or not is very much questionable as he destroyed Porto, and that is his only experience at a club.

Trickykid

Don't see ghosts anywhere, this could just as possible be bad for Madrid:
- A bit awkward start in the dressing-room if Spain doesn't do well at WC.
- Needs to "prove" himself a bit earlier than without the saga, as he was an element in the chaos, and fans will have less patience.
- Madrid don't get the shine if Spain wins, Lopetegui doesn't arrive as a success-coach.

In addition whether he is a good coach or not is very much questionable as he destroyed Porto, and that is his only experience at a club.

Yeah, there are pure, practical advantages, but El Flaco completely ignores the mental strains of this dumbfuckery. Coaching a side like Spain in the World Cup is most likely a once a lifetime opportunity, which Lopetegui has managed to fuck up beyond repair mere days before the culmination. That will hurt him way more than we can probably imagine.

And let's not forget the bad publicity both club and coach are getting.

Devils

This guy's jobs seem to end in chaos wherever he goes. Porto fans basically chased him out of the country and now he has become enemy #1 of the RFEF and will probably cost Spain the world cup.

Really hope it ends in the same spectacular fashion for him at Real Madrid.

Stoichkov1

Lopetegui just said that Ronaldo is the best player in the world :lol:

I have no idea how they don't understand how ridiculous and embarassing they sound when they force people who said previously that Messi is the best in the world to say that as soon as Madrid hires them.

Home of Barca Fans