Real Madrid

BarcaOG

Banned
James is a difficult case, yeah he wasnt as good as expected but he played a very important role in 14/15 Real madrid even though they won nothing and crucial for la liga title win in 16/17 with his goals and assists.

Definitely crucial for the 17 liga. Him and Morata.

Also scored some great golazos for Real

BarcaOG

Banned
Yess thats why i wouldnt consider him as a flop/failure unlike Eden Hazard

And I'm with you! James didn't last in the end but certainly he did much better for Real than Hazard has, at least so far. The issue with Hazard is that unlike James he did not arrive at Real young, so time isn't really on his side.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

And I'm with you! James didn't last in the end but certainly he did much better for Real than Hazard has, at least so far. The issue with Hazard is that unlike James he did not arrive at Real young, so time isn't really on his side.

Agree but i smell a counter post from [MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION]......

El Gato

Villarato!
It's subjective. Everyone chooses on their own when that is. Some decide to judge after 1-2 years flat thinking "well he cost x, he should have produced a goals, b assists at minimum by now no?", others wait until more conditions are fulfilled if they haven't until now. I disagree with the former and anyone stripping out externalities from judgement pretending like there aren't reasons he hasn't performed out of fear for being labelled as a person looking for excuses.

I can't in good conscience call the player a flop for his football if from starters he wasn't going to change things much.
I can't not suspend judgement when for 10 years where he was injury free he was at least a good player on average, but now people choose to say he's finished when he does happen to get hurt and not the kind of injuries (the fractured ankle) he could do anything about.
I can't pretend like he's not likely affected by the poor state of fitness preparation in a packed Covid season where Real Madrid have the most injuries out of just about any top team.

There's nothing to be gained by saying 'so far he should have done better'.

I am waiting until we buy someone to help. No use thinking he'll be any better when resumes playing given the state of this squad and how it's not likely to improve in the summer post-Covid. Which means I suspend any judgement until circa 2022/23 season. Whatever happens until then y'all can go ham, but you know where I stand. Eden not gonna do anything crazy on the field and will probably have to take a lot of flak just cuz Perez chose to/had to pay 100 to make some marketing money off him.

BarcaOG

Banned
I can't see that way but I must say you are very generous with how you assess transfers, then, :lol:.

Can I interest you in a Lenglet, perhaps? You can have him for free

El Gato

Villarato!
If he was ever bought with purpose, why not? Might be a better fit for Madrid than for Barca since he's been there. Silly to just take a hardline 'no' against anyone. Was very against Benitez as coach from starters, didn't think methodical control freak would work in that dressing room (they didn't). Still the only right approach is to give people a chance.

BarcaOG

Banned
If he was ever bought with purpose, why not? Might be a better fit for Madrid than for Barca since he's been there. Silly to just take a hardline 'no' against anyone. Was very against Benitez as coach from starters, didn't think methodical control freak would work in that dressing room (they didn't). Still the only right approach is to give people a chance.

u are a gentleman and a scholar!

Home of Barca Fans