Real Madrid

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Objectively the transfer has been a failure SO FAR. Madrid signed one of PL’s best players for 100m+ to “replace” Ronaldo and has been injured over half the time he’s been there and put up very poor stats in a weak La Liga. Of course you hope he’s given a full season to prove himself and make judgment, that’s expected as a Madrid fan but that’s doesn’t matter, were talking about the transfer so far.

This !!! Thats what i saying all time to Wolfe but he doesnt want to understand it :p

BarcaOG

Banned
Yes, you're right. 100%.

The onus is on Wolfe to explain why both Hazard's and Bale's transfer operations have been a 'success'. (Since they are broadly similar--few goals, many injuries, little time played).

Morten

Yes, you're right. 100%.

The onus is on Wolfe to explain why both Hazard's and Bale's transfer operations have been a 'success'. (Since they are broadly similar--few goals, many injuries, little time played).

Bale loan deal is a success, for us.

serghei

Bale is a success no doubt. 3 key goals in 2 CL finals when the score was 1-1 is high-level impact. Imagine Coutinho scores a golazo away on Anfield and brings us a CL. Now imagine he did that twice and we win 2 CLs.

Hazard is a flopped transfer. James is another flopped transfer.

BarcaOG

Banned
i agree. but just to clarify, i meant Bale's loan's transfer to Spurs (today's goals notwithstanding), not Bale's transfer from Spurs to Real back in 2012 or whatever. the latter definitely worked out, for the reasons you mention

El Gato

Villarato!
This !!! Thats what i saying all time to Wolfe but he doesnt want to understand it :p

No. Not what you're saying. You called the player a flop. Which he isn't. Nothing to do with what Villarrubi wrote.

Yes, you're right. 100%.

:lol:
Talk about a projection. Where did I imply either?

Also FOH with Bale, dude scored 100 goals! :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No. Not what you're saying. You called the player a flop. Which he isn't. Nothing to do with what Villarrubi wrote.

From what I've seen, Madrid fans are pretty unanimous that Hazard is a flop. Are you being contrarian for the sake of it?

El Gato

Villarato!
Read some other people then. Shouldn't care what those fans i.e. same people that ask Zidane be trusted with regards to his choices despite continuing lack of logic and improvement of his side, think.

BarcaOG

Banned

Ok--then how would you assess Hazard's transfer? Neutral?

And gain, I didn't mean Bale's initial transfer from Spurs to Real.

El Gato

Villarato!
I mean, the latter doesn't have much to do with the conversation being had does it? And Bale's transfer to Spurs this summer has been a good thing for Real no question, less wage burden even if not permanent.

Yes, Hazard transfer is yet to play out. If there's any comparison to be made, it's not Bale but Kaka. Much like Hazard a #2 player who shouldn't be asked to score and bought for a far better balanced squad. Hazard is twice as unlucky as he was with injury + 3x worse attacking teammates, just compare Ronaldo, Raul, Higuain, final season Van Nistelrooy (+ young and shite Benzema) to current (old and shite) Benzema, Mariano, Jović who doesn't play, Asensio, 2 Brazillian kids and the 3rd best offensive player being either Fede or Modrić.
Kaka, widely considered a terrible investment due to mounting injury issues even from his Milan days made purely for marketing, recorded 10+ assists in any season where he played at least 1500 minutes. Because of how much better the situation was to facilitate results.
If we buy anyone this transfer window (not likely unless money raised) and Hazard isn't unlucky + fixtures aren't mad making our already garbage fitness team even poorer at keeping the squad healthy, Hazard should produce no problem.

Do not understand the Villarrubi 'so far' argument.
So far Real Madrid are forced to be rubbish due to Covid. So far only the people who think Hazard was bought to replace CR on the pitch claim 'so far' he's a failure. Very poor take that strips the kind of player Hazard is and what he needs in order to be successful from context.

Consider Pogba to United for identical hyped image of a 'superstar' bought for a bucket of cash expected to 'transform' a shit side. Never was the player to do it, never deserved the amount of abuse he used to get back then. He always was exactly what was said on the tin and some sections of fans felt they've been lied to. Err, no? It's what he was always going to be - needs a squad shaped such that they do a lot of work for him as he chips in with a bit. Was it wrong to buy him at the time? That's a very different conversation.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
I see your point but im not exactly convinced. Tell me, then, is there a time-limit? Suppose Hazard simply never really plays consistently/continues injuring himself. Is there a point where that leads you to conclude that it just didn't work out--that it failed?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Bale is a success no doubt. 3 key goals in 2 CL finals when the score was 1-1 is high-level impact. Imagine Coutinho scores a golazo away on Anfield and brings us a CL. Now imagine he did that twice and we win 2 CLs.

Hazard is a flopped transfer. James is another flopped transfer.

James is a difficult case, yeah he wasnt as good as expected but he played a very important role in 14/15 Real madrid even though they won nothing and crucial for la liga title win in 16/17 with his goals and assists.

Home of Barca Fans