Real Madrid

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Leave it to Jammy to argue that both Real and Barca are equally well run. One closed the books in a net positive this season while the other is forced to negotiate a salary reduction with players several times , unable to fire the previous coach and having lawsuits left right and center.

JamDav1982

De Tomas, Kovacic (getting it done despite looming Chelsea ban), Llorente (after barely having played half a season for Real in 2 years prior), Danilo (after being a garbage RB option for RM), Mariano original sale to Lyon despite not having played like 5 games for Real first team?

Dunno what Barca could envy, maybe getting money for Cristiano rather than letting him go for free like you will with Leo despite investing far too much club cash in the 'we must use Messi while he's here' project. But they do do pretty well selling shite players to those who are willing to pay more than they're really worth in the EPL.

Real letting go of Ronaldo for 100m is nothing to envy. Lost a huge chunk of that in CL alone.

Llorente should be envied as barely played? What about Cucurella?

Kovacic going for less than someone like Malcolm is to be envied? Chelsea looming ban is an advantage to Real if they want him if anything.

How efficient was selling x4 CL winner Navas when Barca got more for Bravo?

Danillo sale to EPL is 'efficient' for Real but Barca getting more for Semedo or likes of Mina is all about EPL overpaying for garbage. Exactly type of nonsense that is made out and is part of that myth.

El Gato

Villarato!
Real letting go of Ronaldo for 100m is nothing to envy. Lost a huge chunk of that in CL alone.

Llorente should be envied as barely played? What about Cucurella?

Kovacic going for less than someone like Malcolm is to be envied? Chelsea looming ban is an advantage to Real if they want him if anything.

How efficient was selling x4 CL winner Navas when Barca got more for Bravo?

Danillo sale to EPL is 'efficient' for Real but Barca getting more for Semedo or likes of Mina is all about EPL overpaying for garbage. Exactly type of nonsense that is made out and is part of that myth.

Didn't say Barca should envy them. I gave them as examples of what was efficient and IMO a good deal.

What about Cucurella indeed?

Malcom is a good deal getting back money for a player who barely featured and wasn't that good most of the time + probably was never that bothered to play for the club and left at first opportunity. Like Theo.

Getting money for Navas is good if there was any. Fee is undisclosed. Not sure why you assume there was no fee.

Precisely it's an advantage and done well to push it through despite doubts it could have been done.

Lol Danilo was sold to City and then sold onto Juve for similar amount where he's a starter. We'll see where your mid-table level talents go. Overpriced trash really and Barca done well to find idiots who paid more than their value.

PS How did we lose 100 in CL alone?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Didn't say Barca should envy them. I gave them as examples of what was efficient and IMO a good deal.

What about Cucurella indeed?

Malcom is a good deal getting back money for a player who barely featured and wasn't that good most of the time + probably was never that bothered to play for the club and left at first opportunity. Like Theo.

Getting money for Navas is good if there was any. Fee is undisclosed. Not sure why you assume there was no fee.

Precisely it's an advantage and done well to push it through despite doubts it could have been done.

Lol Danilo was sold to City and then sold onto Juve for similar amount where he's a starter. We'll see where your mid-table level talents go. Overpriced trash really and Barca done well to find idiots who paid more than their value.

I never said there was no fee for Navas I said they got less than Barca got for Bravo.

Ah so Real getting less money for Danillo who is better than the shit Barca sell is a positive for Real as it is 'efficient'.

Great argument. Most would prefer to be the club selling the shitter players for more but not Real the great myth for them it is about showing efficiency and selling better players for less.

El Gato

Villarato!
I never said there was no fee for Navas I said they got less than Barca got for Bravo.

Yeah. Implied a lower fee than Bravo without knowing what it is, that's my point.

Ah so Real getting less money for Danillo who is better than the shit Barca sell is a positive for Real as it is 'efficient'.

Great argument. Most would prefer to be the club selling the shitter players for more but not Real the great myth for them it is about showing efficiency and selling better players for less.

Don't know what you mean. I think the Semedo, Gomes etc were as efficient in that sense of the word. Milking EPL dry. Most Cules would admit getting anywhere in the range of 20-30 for any of them is decent business at the very least after performances they've put in. Semedo could be argued might have gone for more to a better side since he was a Barca starter too.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yeah. Implied a fee without knowing what it is, that's my point.

Don't know what you mean. I think the Semedo, Gomes etc were as efficient in that sense of the word.

No you said no fee and the fees were reported but call it press speculation etc if want to ignore Barca got more for Navas.

What is the relevance of below? If not some strange argument about Danilo being better than the shit Barca sold. I couldnt care less where Barcas 'mid table talent' go. The worse they do the better the sale looks anyway.

El Gato

Villarato!
No you said no fee and the fees were reported but call it press speculation etc if want to ignore Barca got more for Navas.

Fair enough. You suggested Navas going for less in the first place. Why? I know of no amount.
What's the reported fee and how serious can we take it?

If went for less than Bravo, what's the problem? 33 year old keeper who will get no better, anything in the range of 10-30 is fine and good business. If no fee or lower than 10, somewhat disappointing.
Bravo was how old at the time of sale?

What is the relevance of below? If not some strange argument about Danilo being better than the shit Barca sold. I couldnt care less where Barcas 'mid table talent' go. The worse they do the better the sale looks anyway.

Relevance is that Real managed to shift a good player that didn't fit and had pretty poor 2 years, but clearly has some quality and is valued correctly for an amount equivalent to which he came in with thus making no loss. Good genuine business.

Barca sales are as good and efficient if pound for pound number is all you care about. Something to be said about Danilo going before the Neymar fee inflation too and EPL routinely now paying more than player genuine worth.

You seem to be on some crusade now mate. You good?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Fair enough. You suggested Navas going for less in the first place. Why? I know of no amount.
What's the reported fee and how serious can we take it?

If went for less than Bravo, what's the problem? 33 year old keeper who will get no better, anything in the range of 10-30 is fine and good business. If no fee or lower than 10, somewhat disappointing.

Relevance is that Real managed to shift a good player that didn't fit and had pretty poor 2 years for an amount equivalent to which he came in with thus making no loss. Good genuine business.

Barca sales are as good and efficient if pound for pound number is all you care about. Something to be said about Danilo going before the Neymar fee inflation too and EPL routinely now paying more than player genuine worth.

You seem to be on some crusade now mate. You good?

I said he went for less as the prices reported by Marca etc stated he did.

Unless we can only discuss players where official statements made by clubs on fee? Which probaly rules out most have been discussing.

Danilo was good business to sell him as he was shit. Barca getting more or even less for even shitter players is better and more efficient. Strange to argue anything else.

Successful crusade and all good.

El Gato

Villarato!
I said he went for less as the prices reported by Marca etc stated he did.

Unless we can only discuss players where official statements made by clubs on fee? Which probaly rules out most have been discussing.

Nah. Just curious because I'd genuinely seen no fee.

What was the number? Even vaguely?

Danilo was good business to sell him as he was shit. Barca getting more or even less for even shitter players is better and more efficient. Strange to argue anything else.

It isn't necessarily if happening in post-Neymar era tbh

Shit player that was better in rotation for City or Juve though so not nearly as shit as he was at Real and close to the amount he's valued at originally

Still Everton and Wolves overpaid and Barca did well to take their money and run with it

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Nah. Just curious because I'd genuinely seen no fee.

What was the number? Even vaguely?

It isn't necessarily if happening in post-Neymar era tbh

Still Everton and Wolves overpaid and Barca did well to take their money and run with it

Marca said around 15m for Navas (Post Neymar) while City paid around 18m for Bravo (pre Neymar).

Real also had chances to sell big in post Neymar era which does not have much relevance on an transfer between likes of Everton and Barca anyway if at all.

El Gato

Villarato!
Marca said around 15m for Navas (Post Neymar) while City paid around 18m for Bravo (pre Neymar).

Real also had chances to sell big in post Neymar era which does not have much relevance on an transfer between likes of Everton and Barca anyway if at all.

Yh pretty meh as a fee. Might have something to do with the fact that he said he's going, waved his goodbyes at end of season, then changed his mind and didn't want to leave until the end of the window leaving the club to accept whatever was offered. Bit average, but nothing wank.

Didn't Bravo go the season after Zamora?

Not that many chances for big player sales I can remember post-Neymar. Who do you mean? Bale to United, Kovacic, Ramos to United rumors.. and that's about it for notable names.

All in all tho - I don't understand how you can make a case that sounds like Real is being no more financially better off by doing what they do compared to Barcelona. What do you base this on? Barca are currently cutting their wage ladder wherever they can to make up for their losses, not to mention revenue hit after Messi leaves. At least in that respect Madrid is well ahead. Sporting achievements or lack thereof is irrelevant to that if you ask me especially if it's a deliberate but risky strategy rather than ineptitude. Coutinho and Dembele are getting closer to end of their contracts and will continue to want better deals. If Barca sell them at anything anywhere near to make up the money lost on investment I'll be pretty surprised and if renewing, even after Messi gone, that's another hit on wage ladder. Can only hope the next board approves a better contract for these lot.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Club announcing the budget for this season is 617M which is ~300M lower than the projected budget would have been (~900) with respect to previous pre-pandemic numbers (last reported 822.1M) due to falling revenue, which includes ameliorating measures of 10% wage cuts.

Summer 20/21 could be tough on transfers, especially considering Ramos wants a renewal and we might not be able to shift Bale

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's not surprising, because Barcelona relies more on tourist money(Corona boo) or at least that's my hunch on this.

That wouldn't be it. Yes we do get a bit more from matchday than Real Madrid (might or might not due to tourism) but not by that much, certainly not the magnitude of the difference between the figures above. Both clubs were equally affected by the COVID stadium shut down. It had to be something else, such as player transfers and sponsorship reduction etc., I am guessing.

Home of Barca Fans