User Tag List

Page 968 of 970 FirstFirst ... 468868918958966967968969970 LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 14548

Thread: Real Madrid

  1. #14506
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    19,356
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other managers have announced they are moving on after World Cup. Bobby Robson did it in 1990 and LVG four years ago.

    But there is a massive difference to on the sly agreeing to join another club while still under contract and having a select number of squad aware of it.

    He had to go and cant have had the trust of players after that if they were not all on equal terms.

  2. #14507
    Senior Member
    aaron101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now the players will most likely get confused with the team's setup and tactics for the World Cup. What a of destroying their own team just 2 days before the World Cup. They should have just asked Del Bosque to be the temporary manager just for the World Cup.

  3. #14508
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    But there is a massive difference to on the sly agreeing to join another club while still under contract and having a select number of squad aware of it.

    He had to go and cant have had the trust of players after that if they were not all on equal terms.
    Nobody is ever on equal terms in any team, for one reason or another. Unless we assume everyone's in a kindergarten adopting "oh he told RM lads, but didn't tell us? how dare he.." line of thinking.
    People are boring.

  4. #14509
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    19,356
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Nobody is ever on equal terms in any team, for one reason or another.
    When the reason is the club team you play for in the intl set up it wont go well.

  5. #14510
    Senior Member
    MagIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,091
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri says he rejected offer to coach Real Madrid

    "I said no to Real Madrid," Allegri told Sky Sport Italia. "I did it on the phone to Florentino Perez because I had given my word to president Andrea Agnelli."

    "I thanked Florentino for the offer but said I couldn't accept it out of the respect I owed to Juventus."

    Allegri also indicated that Real were not the only club to have made an approach amid speculation that Chelsea were targeting him as a potential replacement for ex-Juve manager Antonio Conte.

    "Let's just say that I had made up my mind and already given my word to Juventus," Allegri said when asked whether he had received other offers. "I simply informed this to all of those who came looking for me."

    http://www.espn.com/soccer/juventus/...ch-real-madrid
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

  6. #14511
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    10,843
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, this is actually great for Real Madrid....

    Spain would've definitely gone far in the tournament, at least reaching QF as a minimum. And Lopetegui wouldn't return to Madrid until in the middle of July, which is overlapping Real Madrid's pre-season.

    And instead of spending his time with Spain, Lopetegui can now fully concentrate on Real Madrid.

    - Can arrange their pre-season.
    - Communicate with Pérez on players he's interested to sign.
    - Speaking to players who won't be part of his squad into 18/19 season.

  7. #14512
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,702
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Unfortunately, this is actually great for Real Madrid....

    Spain would've definitely gone far in the tournament, at least reaching QF as a minimum. And Lopetegui wouldn't return to Madrid until in the middle of July, which is overlapping Real Madrid's pre-season.

    And instead of spending his time with Spain, Lopetegui can now fully concentrate on Real Madrid.

    - Can arrange their pre-season.
    - Communicate with Pérez on players he's interested to sign.
    - Speaking to players who won't be part of his squad into 18/19 season.
    Don't see ghosts anywhere, this could just as possible be bad for Madrid:
    - A bit awkward start in the dressing-room if Spain doesn't do well at WC.
    - Needs to "prove" himself a bit earlier than without the saga, as he was an element in the chaos, and fans will have less patience.
    - Madrid don't get the shine if Spain wins, Lopetegui doesn't arrive as a success-coach.

    In addition whether he is a good coach or not is very much questionable as he destroyed Porto, and that is his only experience at a club.

  8. #14513
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    6,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Don't see ghosts anywhere, this could just as possible be bad for Madrid:
    - A bit awkward start in the dressing-room if Spain doesn't do well at WC.
    - Needs to "prove" himself a bit earlier than without the saga, as he was an element in the chaos, and fans will have less patience.
    - Madrid don't get the shine if Spain wins, Lopetegui doesn't arrive as a success-coach.

    In addition whether he is a good coach or not is very much questionable as he destroyed Porto, and that is his only experience at a club.
    Yeah, there are pure, practical advantages, but El Flaco completely ignores the mental strains of this dumbfuckery. Coaching a side like Spain in the World Cup is most likely a once a lifetime opportunity, which Lopetegui has managed to fuck up beyond repair mere days before the culmination. That will hurt him way more than we can probably imagine.

    And let's not forget the bad publicity both club and coach are getting.

  9. #14514
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy's jobs seem to end in chaos wherever he goes. Porto fans basically chased him out of the country and now he has become enemy #1 of the RFEF and will probably cost Spain the world cup.

    Really hope it ends in the same spectacular fashion for him at Real Madrid.
    Puyol #5

  10. #14515
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he might not survive longer than this calendar year in Madrid.

    Hopefully I'm right.

  11. #14516
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    lmao
    Puyol #5

  12. #14517
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moron...

  13. #14518
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,082
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lopetegui just said that Ronaldo is the best player in the world

    I have no idea how they don't understand how ridiculous and embarassing they sound when they force people who said previously that Messi is the best in the world to say that as soon as Madrid hires them.

  14. #14519
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,481
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  15. #14520
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Florentino has cut this guy's balls away already.