Real Madrid

SocalBarcaFan

People are gonna be praising Real for a while but I think even Madrid fans know deep down that these teams that have now won 3 champions Leagues in 4 years does not come close to what Barca were at their height. That's what keeps my head held high seeing them accomplish this feat. It will suck when people look at the history books and see Madrids name there 3 times in 4 years no think wow what a dynasty.

I mean in the 3 years that they've won the Champions they never looked like this juggernaut coming that nobody could stop. In the first two Champions league titles vs Atletico they needed last second goals just to get to extra time. Also in La Liga they've never looked that convincing either. They couldn't beat us in either game this year. Of course at the end of the day it's about lifting that trophy any way possible. I know it doesn't really matter but I just don't think they should be mentioned as better than out Pep years or even as good cause we actually were much more invincible than they are going to be perceived to be by your average fan.

Does it sound like I'm just trying to make myself feel better or do you guys actually agree with me?

Morten

I was quite nervous after the first half, Juventus actually looked the better side. I dont know what was happening, then the team came out in second half and it was just complete domination from then on until the end.
Ronaldo is so lethal, a legend, but im wondering, have we ever had a better midfield than we do now?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think people realize that it's going to be between them, Bayern and Barca again this season, and with Bayern's ageing squad and reluctance to spend money, it might be between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

If we don't respond well in the transfer market, there's a good chance they'll make it three in a row.

Devils

I don't think people realize that it's going to be between them, Bayern and Barca again this season, and with Bayern's ageing squad and reluctance to spend money, it might be between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

If we don't respond well in the transfer market, there's a good chance they'll make it three in a row.

I don't know about that.

Real will have unbelievable amounts of money to spend. They only bought Morata last year after all. They'll sell James and Morata both for 60m+ and they just got like 80m from this CL win. Not to mention their actual transfer funds.

It's going to be hard for any team to compete against them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know about that.

Real will have unbelievable amounts of money to spend. They only bought Morata last year after all. They'll sell James and Morata both for 60m+ and they just got like 80m from this CL win. Not to mention their actual transfer funds.

It's going to be hard for any team to compete against them.

That's true, but despite that, I believe we're only two or three pieces from dominating again, and then to keep up our domination we have to improve every summer.

One thing Real never will have is someone like Messi. You just need to surround Messi with a great midfield and better FBs again.

Real Madrid have provided the blueprint by the way. So if Mbappe becomes available next year, you absolutely have to sign him. I don't care if we have Suarez, some players you just sign for their pure talent.

KingLeo10

I was quite nervous after the first half, Juventus actually looked the better side. I dont know what was happening, then the team came out in second half and it was just complete domination from then on until the end.
Ronaldo is so lethal, a legend, but im wondering, have we ever had a better midfield than we do now?

congrats on the title, madrid indeed were a tour de force in the 2nd half. similar scenario to what we've seen from madrid v bayern and atletico in the past, there is no team better at smelling blood and punishing accordingly.

and your modric kroos duo is only second to xavi iniesta from what i have seen.

KingLeo10

That's true, but despite that, I believe we're only two or three pieces from dominating again, and then to keep up our domination we have to improve every summer.

One thing Real never will have is someone like Messi. You just need to surround Messi with a great midfield and better FBs again.

Real Madrid have provided the blueprint by the way. So if Mbappe becomes available next year, you absolutely have to sign him. I don't care if we have Suarez, some players you just sign for their pure talent.

the saddest thing is real's blueprint is effectively our blueprint. remember the quartet of abidal xavi iniesta alves. i think with a very clear system and 3 good-great signings, we are capable to going toe to toe with madrid. there will be no shortage of motivation for messi, in fact there is no coincidence in his amazing end of season form just as CR7 started to heat up europe. my wish is for the 3 signings to be semedo and seri/eriksen duo to be our own modric and kroos.

SocalBarcaFan

I'll ask again but I think the few responses already answered my question. Were Real Madrid really that much better than Barca this year? Barely beat Barca in league despite horrendous signings and coaching. It's not like they looked unbeatable at any point in the year except in this final.

Home of Barca Fans