Real Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
That your main players are declining majorly and are demotivated. Like ours basically, except we got some rebuilding done with the likes of Arthur, Umtiti, Coutinho, Dembele, even Semedo.

Your young gems seem to have troubles stepping up as fast as you'd want them to.

We wouldn't mind if they did, but honestly, this idea that we need the likes of Asensio to blow up RIGHT NOW and lead is stupendous. Nobody expects this. Such a dumb narrative proving you guys are getting completely the wrong end of the stick on this if you think so.

xXKonan

Odriozola is Theo Hernandez part 2. He's not Madrid quality and most likely he'll never be. Don't get that signing at all. Looks like an ambitious but sort of rudimentary player technique-wise. You can't play at Barca or Madrid if you're not very good technically.
Perez is clearly obsessed with trying to find some of the top Spanish young talents. Case in point with guys like Vallejo,Ceballos, Asensio etc. But right now it doesn't seem like it's working out as well for Perez as he thought it would.

It's a bit different for us it seems. We aren't chasing as much young Spanish talent for the First team, but instead, we are going for French and Brazilian players.

El Gato

Villarato!
You're kidding, right?

When exactly should we have reacted? I don't seem to recall us being placed 9th in the table under EV, looking like complete asshats like RM are now.

And always plan for the present? :lol: :lol: because that's exactly what they did just months ago during the summer window, huh?

Yeah, because the attitude to being low down the table so early has changed in RM. And they do eventually fire culprits taking them there unless their name is Zidane. I can sort of understand what [MENTION=4178]Richard.H[/MENTION] meant by "planning for the present". Perez doesn't tend to allow himself to be seen as weak and he won't in this case either. Thing with Perez is that he is an investor. His kind look 8-10 years ahead in terms of market. He hasn't invested that much for 3 windows (~80 million spent max in each, not mentioning the revenue), because he's afraid of the 'bubble bursting'.

Also :lol: @ the Theo comparison for Odriozola. He's literally the complete opposite of the former. Don't think you've watched him play.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also, Barcelona looks much better set for the future without Messi than we are without some of our big players.
A year ago everyone here said the opposite, funny how fast things can change.

This doom and gloom view is so revisionist. Fans are so fickle. People often draw hasty conclusions after one game, or one season. No, not everything is lost for Real Madrid, this season so far from over. You played Girona away and won and drew Atletico at home, these were all not easy games. You didn’t play well in the first half today but you had several chances to equalize in the second half before we scored the third goal. Had you equalized the outcome of today’s game could have been very different.

Of course, I am not saying you guys have not been bad this season. You are clearly experiencing the growing pains of not having Ronaldo or an effective No.9/stoker/goal scorer, you are still early in transition. If any one of those Brazilian kids you are hording turns out to be good (not even great), you will be fine for a long time to come. Worst case scenario, you can afford to suck and go trohpyless this season, a luxuary that not many clubs have.

Suarez was beasting for us today. But that does not hide the fact that he has declined so much and there is no getting better from here. We need a striker as much as you need one. Messi has a few more years left and he is simply irreplaceable, don’t let two games fool you that we are not dependent on Messi. When he is gone we will have a much harder time than you have today.

You’ve got to take the long view, instead of basing you views on a couple of games or one season.

Trickykid

Yeah, because the attitude to being low down the table so early has changed in RM. And they do eventually fire culprits taking them there unless their name is Zidane. I can sort of understand what [MENTION=4178]Richard.H[/MENTION] meant by "planning for the present". Perez doesn't tend to allow himself to be seen as weak and he won't in this case either. Thing with Perez is that he is an investor. His kind look 8-10 years ahead in terms of market. He hasn't invested that much for 3 windows (~80 million spent max in each, not mentioning the revenue), because he's afraid of the 'bubble bursting'.

Also :lol: @ the Theo comparison for Odriozola. He's literally the complete opposite of the former. Don't think you've watched him play.

I've read the beginning of your post a handful of times now, and I can't for the life of me figure out the relation to my post. Help me out, will ya?

About the planning for the present part, I just find it so bizarre seeing how just about every single Madridista I've seen commenting on the topic, was screaming for reinforcement last summer, and yet Flo left your hapless coach hanging out to dry. That doesn't exactly scream planning for the present in my book.

I wasn't the one commenting on Odriozola btw.

Sterlingfan2000

Madrid will come back very fast, because they will realise Asensio and Ceballos aren't Iniesta 2.0. In short, they will break the bank and sign 2-3 top class players and they will be back. They don't have time to wait for players to mature while playing.

They can break the bank they still will suffer
U can't replace Ronaldo, it's more then 50 goals a season

Givenchy

some of Perez' decisions lately blow my mind. a HUGE gaping Ronaldo shaped hole upfront, his galactico poster boy, 5x Ballon d'or winner is sold and the only 'big' name they bring in? a lanky gimp to replace their x3 CL winner GK :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
I've read the beginning of your post a handful of times now, and I can't for the life of me figure out the relation to my post. Help me out, will ya?

About the planning for the present part, I just find it so bizarre seeing how just about every single Madridista I've seen commenting on the topic, was screaming for reinforcement last summer, and yet Flo left your hapless coach hanging out to dry. That doesn't exactly scream planning for the present in my book.

I wasn't the one commenting on Odriozola btw.

My point about being 9th in the table was more or less unrelated. Should have clarified it I guess. Basically Madrid don't care how low they go midseason so long as they start turning the ship at the right time to get into CL. At least in the last few years this is the attitude.

Madridistas are like Cules - most are fickle, they just want reinforcements, but don't actually look into why the club isn't/is doing what they do. Hence my latter point about Perez being the investor. He works on his own timelines and accordingly chooses and picks which season was the planned 'serious challenge' and which has a bigger error margin. This season was "doomed" from the start on the trophies side of things, I'm pretty sure of it. And TBH most sensible madridistas who aren't everhungry for more and more and more CLs will understand why we chose to go with 5th choice manager and not get replacement forwards that are good enough to make us a title challenger.

And I know you didn't comment on Odriozola. I just appended it.

Trickykid

My point about being 9th in the table was more or less unrelated. Should have clarified it I guess. Basically Madrid don't care how low they go midseason so long as they start turning the ship at the right time to get into CL. At least in the last few years this is the attitude.

Yep, it would seem so. You were in a pretty terrible shape at this point last season as well as far as I recall, and not sacking ZZ back then turned out allright.

Madridistas are like Cules - most are fickle, they just want reinforcements, but don't actually look into why the club isn't/is doing what they do. Hence my latter point about Perez being the investor. He works on his own timelines and accordingly chooses and picks which season was the planned 'serious challenge' and which has a bigger error margin. This season was "doomed" from the start on the trophies side of things, I'm pretty sure of it. And TBH most sensible madridistas who aren't everhungry for more and more and more CLs will understand why we chose to go with 5th choice manager and not get replacement forwards that are good enough to make us a title challenger.

I'm not sure I buy the notion that RM and Flo will just forfeit an entire season like that. Besides, seeing the chinks in our own armor last season, it would make perfect sense for you guys to go all in for a serious title challenge this season. I guess Mbappé and to a degree, Hazard foiled that, though.

And I know you didn't comment on Odriozola. I just appended it.

Gotcha.

What's your take on the winter market then? If we go by the freshest of reports Conte will be your new coach sooner rather than later. Are you going to splurge come January or stick with plan Nerman/Mbappé for the summer?

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm not sure I buy the notion that RM and Flo will just forfeit an entire season like that. Besides, seeing the chinks in our own armor last season, it would make perfect sense for you guys to go all in for a serious title challenge this season. I guess Mbappé and to a degree, Hazard foiled that, though.

It depends what we mean by forfeit. Like I said, Flo still doesn't like us being low down and he openly stated on the Amazon Prime documentary that he 'hated the way we played' last season under Zidane and how horrible we were, which led to people speculating Zizou would be getting sacked regardless if he didn't leave ahead of time. That said, I think they were at peace with the assumed direction because 1) we're getting a manager seemingly acquainted with the Spaniards in the team, 2) we haven't given completely free reign to any forwards under Cristiano so we didn't know what they were really capable of and assumed it would be beneficial to try it, 3) we came off a back-to-back-to-back which probably wont be repeated any time soon in history. So no need to pursue "more" and obsess about getting a result this year. It was more about seeing how it goes without our best scorer ever and most predicted it wouldn't go so smooth if you're not getting a replacement, but there has to be a reason for our inactivity.

It basically seems to be one of the three things:
a) We're pumping all we have into the stadium and don't have THAT much flexibility short term so we choose to invest more in a lot of young talent that we already know has some quality.
b) We're saving up a big pot of money for a big name to further Flo's marketing agenda i.e. Neymar, whether it's Flo's personal favourite or not.
c) We're sitting on a pot of gold and genuinely fucked up, and overestimated the talent we have at hand and how they would handle themselves in front of goal, and only went with mediocre Mariano option.

Now it's easy to get cynical about it and say (c) is obvious, but I'd like to think Florentino isn't this much of a mug to be actually sitting on money and not spending it on a guy who obviously wants to come and join us i.e. Hazard. Thus I'm so far leaning towards option A, but there was loads of circumstantial evidence of nepotism/megalomania towards Bale and Benzema over the years (such as consistent getting rid of quality #2 strikers contending against Benzema and squashing Bale transfer rumors despite relatively mediocre up-and-down output) so that cannot be ruled out.

Basically - this season is fucked, which is fine, as long as we ARE planning something in winter + summer and good changes take place. Most players like Marcelo, Modrić won't be happy about finishing with nothing and would rather go get a good paycheck elsewhere.
Flo knows it too so I'm sure he'll be working the phones.

Gotcha.

What's your take on the winter market then? If we go by the freshest of reports Conte will be your new coach sooner rather than later. Are you going to splurge come January or stick with plan Nerman/Mbappé for the summer?

Conte will be a fucking disaster here. Not in the least because he's a defensive coach, but for one we have to commit to 2-3 year deal with him and players we have will be sick of him after a season.

Remember the stories Chiellini told? Something about how Conte basically chooses to intentionally fight the guys with the highest stature in the locker room, usually for petty reasons, to let the team know nobody is free of scrutiny on any level.
One time he arranged with Buffon, then-captain, to 'pretend to make a scene' before a game against Cagliari, last game of the season which would get them past the 100-point barrier. Buffon was late to a video tactical preview session saying "Sorry boss, I was arranging things to do with team bonuses for us with the team director". To which Conte basically responded by yelling "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE"... "what?! what are you staring at? OUT! You're a captain and you're being totally unprofessional before a very important game!! FUCK OUT OF HERE ALL OF YOU". So they all left and thought between themselves "Damn if he's slating Gigi so much this game is actually important". And this was staged because Conte thought emotions and complacency is a tad too high.

They won 3-0. But can you imagine this working with Ramos doing make-believe shit? :lol:

There was also allegedly a game against Verona, where it was 2-0, Verona pulled back to draw 2-2 and he goes and says in the team talk - "tomorrow we have an extra training session at 6am, because you fucked around".

According to Pirlo dude throws pens, boots, mugs around the locker room.

That shit won't work here. It might work for 1 year, sure, but then it means we need to sack him when it stops working and pay him the release bonus of 15-20 million to get a replacement manager. And he would never agree to work as a caretaker or anything of the sort.

Also potentially makes Hazard move.. more complicated than it already is.

PS
As for actual transfer moves, I don't see why we would splurge out anything on Hazard in winter UNLESS we literally do not climb out of mid-table by end of December and the prospect of us finishing outside of CL spots becomes a real fear. Only then it could push Floro to do emergency transfers and actually spend that money.

Last edited:

Richard.H

You're kidding, right?

When exactly should we have reacted? I don't seem to recall us being placed 9th in the table under EV, looking like complete asshats like RM are now.

And always plan for the present? :lol: :lol: because that's exactly what they did just months ago during the summer window, huh?

If RM had lost a 4-1 aggregate lead vs mediocre Roma, you bet your ass Zidane would be sacked. If EV is getting such a big break, why didn't Tata Martino?

mc_lovin

If RM had lost a 4-1 aggregate lead vs mediocre Roma, you bet your ass Zidane would be sacked. If EV is getting such a big break, why didn't Tata Martino?

Cant believe how entitled some fans are. We won the fucking league (+copa). Noone gave two shits about us at the beginning of last season. And yes, the Roma game was terrible (even terrible doesnt do it justice), but nonetheless I believe Valverde deserves a fair chance to learn from his mistakes. We are on a good way. Some of you really have to put the cl into perspective: yeah, winning it is special - but planning it is not possible. One of the worst Madrids in ages fluked it last year - unless you believe they were the best team in the world that season (they most probably were not).

Regarding Tata: he had a better squad and won nothing (bad enough that he played Neymar on right wing).

For me: winning the league should always "save" your job (special cases not included), and when you constantly build a squad capable of winning the league the champions league will follow sooner or later. And the squad this season looks bright...

/rant over

Trickykid

Tata not getting a break? What a ridiculous analogy. You do know that Tata lost the league, right?

Home of Barca Fans