Real Madrid

Devils

It's extremely strange to me that they sold Ronaldo without lining up a big name signing.

Certainly not their usual operating methods.

Andrew M

It's extremely strange to me that they sold Ronaldo without lining up a big name signing.

Certainly not their usual operating methods.

They haven't signed a galactico in 4 years. Perez has made it clear they're after the baby galacticos now

JamDav1982

But they can't afford them.

What are you classing as a 'galactico' signing?

Real would break world record for either of those two. Would bet they will try in next couple years to do just that.

Trying to break record for a GK is that galactico in your opinion?

Andrew M

What are you classing as a 'galactico' signing?

Real would break world record for either of those two. Would bet they will try in next couple years to do just that.

Mbappe
Neymar
Hazard
Kane
Griezmann
Salah
etc.

Do you really believe they would break the record? So if Neymar were available for 300 million (you know PSG ain't selling for 220), plus 60 million gross wages minimum for 5 years, you think they could pay that? They could redevelop the Bernabeu for that amount. It's insane.

If you look at record breaking transfers in history, they have gone up in smallish increments. The Neymar deal was double the previous record. Unprecedented spending that nobody saw coming and that traditional powerhouses (Barca, Utd, Real, Bayern) cannot compete with. Even Man City wouldn't spend that.

Perez has repeatedly gestured this summer that the market has changed and that they must adapt.

JamDav1982

Mbappe
Neymar
Hazard
Kane
Griezmann
Salah
etc.

Do you really believe they would break the record? So if Neymar were available for 300 million (you know PSG ain't selling for 220), plus 60 million gross wages minimum for 5 years, you think they could pay that? They could redevelop the Bernabeu for that amount. It's insane.

If you look at record breaking transfers in history, they have gone up in smallish increments. The Neymar deal was double the previous record. Unprecedented spending that nobody saw coming and that traditional powerhouses (Barca, Utd, Real, Bayern) cannot compete with. Even Man City wouldn't spend that.

Perez has repeatedly gestured this summer that the market has changed and that they must adapt.

Yes I believe they would break the record and even then they were trying to sign Mbappe for a world record fee prior to Neymar going to PSG.

Perez like most owners will not come out and say their team is willing to break records and have money to spend anyway.

Real have tried to break world record and will again.

As for their spending in last three years. Not exactly a list to base their future on and when time comes they will spend huge money again.

Andrew M

Yes I believe they would break the record and even then they were trying to sign Mbappe for a world record fee prior to Neymar going to PSG.

Perez like most owners will not come out and say their team is willing to break records and have money to spend anyway.

Real have tried to break world record and will again.

As for their spending in last three years. Not exactly a list to base their future on and when time comes they will spend huge money again.

Perhaps they were trying to sign Mbappe before Neymar's fee, but it may not have been anywhere near the 180 that Mbappe went for. Maybe they offered 110?

I bet everyone would have thought that Perez and Jose Angel Sanchez would have had someone lined up if they ever sold Ronaldo, but they really don't. If they ever needed a galactico signing it would be now with no Zidane and no Ronaldo, the two biggest reasons for 3 CLs in a row.

JamDav1982

Perhaps they were trying to sign Mbappe before Neymar's fee, but it may not have been anywhere near the 180 that Mbappe went for. Maybe they offered 110?

I bet everyone would have thought that Perez and Jose Angel Sanchez would have had someone lined up if they ever sold Ronaldo, but they really don't. If they ever needed a galactico signing it would be now with no Zidane and no Ronaldo, the two biggest reasons for 3 CLs in a row.

The point is they were trying to sign Mbappe for a world record fee so the idea they are not going after big money signings in past few years is obviously not true. They have been and will continue to do so.

My guess would be they think PSG will struggle to keep both Neymar/Mbappe for another season and prepared to wait another year and see what Bale/Isco can do as focal points of team next season.

As much as anything 3 CLs gives them a bit of breathing space to wait for who they want.

Last edited:

serghei

Well, Bale said he's going to leave, and now looks like he's staying, so they must have replaced Ronaldo with Bale. Benzema, Bale, Isco, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro. Not a bad 6 from midfield up. Would be tied with Barca's imo.

Andrew M

Well, Bale said he's going to leave, and now looks like he's staying, so they must have replaced Ronaldo with Bale. Benzema, Bale, Isco, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro. Not a bad 6 from midfield up. Would be tied with Barca's imo.

Bale and Benzema scored 33 goals last year between them. Messi and Suarez scored 76. I think most Madrid fans feel they are a striker short.

serghei

Bale and Benzema scored 33 goals last year between them. Messi and Suarez scored 76. I think most Madrid fans feel they are a striker short.

Other players' numbers could go up without Ronaldo. Ronaldo needed a lot of service, now that service is going to be redirected. Other players will find themselves in great positions to score more often than with Ronaldo in the team. And even if they don't match Ronaldo's output, I doubt Madrid will have too many problems scoring goals.

They are too stuffed with talent.

Andrew M

Other players' numbers could go up without Ronaldo. Ronaldo needed a lot of service, now that service is going to be redirected. Other players will find themselves in great positions to score more often than with Ronaldo in the team. And even if they don't match Ronaldo's output, I doubt Madrid will have too many problems scoring goals.

They are too stuffed with talent.

And what happens when Bale gets his annual 3 months injury?

Home of Barca Fans