Real Madrid

Andrew M

also, the state of RM's transfer business post CR7 sale should be a nice wake-up call to those who fantasize about seeing Messi leave to join City or whoever else. Reality is there's a lot more money in football than there was 10-15 years ago and while RM, barca are historical clubs, it is ultimately money that dictates all. and RM, barca are no longer able to bully clubs on this matter.

that said, 222 M for neymar is the exception. fantastic business :messi:

Yes, the future is buying young players. No more galactico signings

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
There are rumors floating around that RM are about to offer 80m for Valencia's Rodrigo.
I would love (well, I would probably hate it, to be honest) to see the meltdown in here, if it was us getting involved with someone like that.
Aren’t they much stronger rumored to be going for Cavani? Can’t see them going for Rodrigo too, let alone paying that much for him. Would love to see it happen, though.

serghei

also, the state of RM's transfer business post CR7 sale should be a nice wake-up call to those who fantasize about seeing Messi leave to join City or whoever else. Reality is there's a lot more money in football than there was 10-15 years ago and while RM, barca are historical clubs, it is ultimately money that dictates all. and RM, barca are no longer able to bully clubs on this matter.

that said, 222 M for neymar is the exception. fantastic business :messi:

This is true, but the prestige of playing for Madrid or Barca cannot be denied. And will not be denied by clubs ran with Arab money.

If you're a young Spanish, Portuguese, or South American player where do you want to play one day? Barca or Madrid. Barca and Madrid are seen as the pinnacle of a footballer's career by almost every youngster from those countries, which happen to be great at football.

Andrew M

This is true, but the prestige of playing for Madrid or Barca cannot be denied. And will not be denied by clubs ran with Arab money.

If you're a young Spanish, Portuguese, or South American player where do you want to play one day? Barca or Madrid. Barca and Madrid are seen as the pinnacle of a footballer's career by almost every youngster from those countries, which happen to be great at football.

AC Milan also have prestige and used to be the biggest spenders a long time ago. And now that the money has dried up and they've been mismanaged they are way behind. It's essential that we, like Real, ensure our revenues continue to grow.

serghei

AC Milan also have prestige and used to be the biggest spenders a long time ago. And now that the money has dried up and they've been mismanaged they are way behind. It's essential that we, like Real, ensure our revenues continue to grow.

Even more reason to not look at teams owned by rich individuals as the model. Berlusconi owned Milan and when he stopped investing, Milan declined. Same with Inter and Moratti family.

Andrew M

Even more reason to not look at teams own by individuals as the model. Berlusconi owned Milan and when he stopped investing, Milan declined. Same with Inter and Moratti family.

Yes and Chelsea now have a very uncertain future too.

But Barto and his cronies have been pretty shrewd when it comes to the commercial side of the sport and I feel confident we'll continue growing with the pace of Man Utd.

serghei

But Barto and his cronies have been pretty shrewd when it comes to the commercial side of the sport and I feel confident we'll continue growing with the pace of Man Utd.

Yep, and it can't be treated as an afterthought. It has an enormous importance, especially in this day and age.

Trickykid

Aren’t they much stronger rumored to be going for Cavani? Can’t see them going for Rodrigo too, let alone paying that much for him. Would love to see it happen, though.

I honestly haven't kept up to date with Los Merengues' transfer dealings, but I read a while ago that Lopetegui liked him a lot, and new rumors (or regurgitated) surfaced recently about RM pondering that 80m move for him. I can't see it happening either, but seeing how we go batshit and throw pathetic tantrums whenever shitty rumors such as this one start to get traction, I can only imagine how madridistas must feel about the prospect of Rodrigo as the heir to Cronaldo.

Morten

Not really, money is all that matters, it seems.
I dont really understand the mindset that so many players have, why earn a few millions more at QSG, when you can play for RM or Barca? A career at RM will net you more money than you will ever spend in a liftime, yet those few millions more you will earn at plastic clubs like City/QSG are that important, i dont get it.

Andrew M

I dont really understand the mindset that so many players have, why earn a few millions more at QSG, when you can play for RM or Barca? A career at RM will net you more money than you will ever spend in a liftime, yet those few millions more you will earn at plastic clubs like City/QSG are that important, i dont get it.

In the case of Neymar he pretty much earns double what he was on at Barca. At PSG you live in a great city, compete for titles and earn a shit load of money. It's not hard to see the appeal.

serghei

Money does matter a lot, but Barca and Madrid pay top salaries. Even if PSG would pay more, I'm sure there are many top class talents who would rather play in a traditional big club in a tier 1 league. It helps that Barca and Madrid players have won a combined 21 Ballon d'Ors. It's just more prestige. Bigger stadiums, more spotlight, more big titles, more individual awards, el clasico, and so on.

Last edited:

Morten

Money does matter a lot, but Barca and Madrid pay top salaries. Even if PSG would pay more, I'm sure there are many top class talents who would rather play in a traditional big club in a tier 1 league. It helps that Barca and Madrid players have won a combined 21 Ballon d'Ors. It's just more prestige. Bigger stadiums, more spotlight, more big titles, more individual awards, el clasico, and so on.

No, money is pretty much all that matters these days.
It the sad reality, top players who earn much more than they would ever spend, will still take those couple of millions extra per year in plastic clubs anyways.

Oh well, i hope we at least get to crush QSG again this season.

Trickykid

So, who are you getting, [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION]?
Latest rumors on the gossip mill are about Lukaku. He would cost a metric fuck ton.

Joan

Madridista friend of mine just texted me 'Rodrigo for 50m, they'll take it'. No way they accept such an offer, right?

Home of Barca Fans