Real Madrid

Devils

:lol:

The mere notion of RM replacing their greatest ever goal-getter with a super raw Brazilian kid with zero top flight experience is so over the top ridiculous.

Of course they'll buy an attacker.

They could play variations of front lines with the likes of Bale, Benzema, Asensio, Vasquez, Isco and the brazilian kids. Still a pretty stacked attacking line-up.

I cannot see them being the type to panic buy if they can't get Hazard and we already know Neymar/Mbappe are not happening.

Trickykid

They could play variations of front lines with the likes of Bale, Benzema, Asensio, Vasquez, Isco and the brazilian kids. Still a pretty stacked attacking line-up.

I cannot see them being the type to panic buy if they can't get Hazard and we already know Neymar/Mbappe are not happening.

Sure, they have lots of room for variation in attack, but who would you have scoring freely once Bale breaks down yet again?
They will buy an attacker.

serghei

Seems like the likes of Cakir, Kassai, Rocchi, Oliver and others are more expensive than people think. Madrid might not have too much cash left. Almost all have been invested in the last 2 CLs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
a year is an eternity in football. in one year, neymar and hazard could be on decline being at 27/28 and 29 respectively. and mbappe won't leave PSG so easily. mbappe is a problem in 3-4 years, not now.

You are right a year is a long time, there could be other players emerging too. Who knew who Mbappe was a couple of years ago? If Neymar and Hazard decline further they will just pass and look for other players and options. Mbappe is a no-no anyway unless he forces himself out so there is no difference.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
next summer, summer after next, doesn't matter. Neymar and Mbappe are impossible unless they run their contracts down. if Hazard stays this summer he'll probably sign a new contract at Chelsea, i still think Hazard is going to Madrid though, especially with his bumboy Courtois there now

you have a good point about them being able to have a transition phase after 3 CLs in a row but i doubt the fans will accept that

True, the only thing they need to do is to fill the psychological void of Ronaldo and appease their fans. From the sporting perspective I don’t think they need another star to replace Ronaldo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
More often than not it seems to be a case of the grass being greener on the other side of the fence.

Perhaps, but I genuinely like their way of locking down and stacking up young and bright talents early as opposed to chasing big established name stars (which they will still do, of course). I am sure we are doing some of that too but it appears that the table has turned, we are the new Galaticos and Real Madrid is the old us.

JamDav1982

True, the only thing they need to do is to fill the psychological void of Ronaldo and appease their fans. From the sporting perspective I don’t think they need another star to replace Ronaldo.

Different situations.

Barca have been at the end of hugely succesful and having to replace some of the best players ever in their team.

Real until now have been succesful on group of core experienced players that will need replaced in next few years and they will spend massively to do it.

For all these great young talents Real have bought they have barely signed anyone who has broke into team as a sure starter in recent years.

Dont think Real have any amazing group of youngsters compared to Barca.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Actually Barca has recently started going for the young player approach with mixed results. Guys like Gomes and paco were flops, we will see what happens with Dembele, semedo, arthur, Mina, lenglet, de Jong if he signs

Umtiti has been a real success and so has ter stegen

Trickykid

Perhaps, but I genuinely like their way of locking down and stacking up young and bright talents early as opposed to chasing big established name stars (which they will still do, of course). I am sure we are doing some of that too but it appears that the table has turned, we are the new Galaticos and Real Madrid is the old us.

It's all romatic and sweet what they're doing, and perhaps with time it will prove to be the right thing. Let's see now that Ronaldo is gone, and in a few years once Ramos and Modric hang up their boots. I'll bet my right ass cheek that they will need to spend big again sooner or later.

Sure talents are great and all, but they are exactly that; talents. Some will come good, like Carvajal for instance and some will flunk like Theo and most likely Ceballos and perhaps Vallejo. They're very rarely a sure thing, and if you suddenly lack world class quality in key positions, you spend big, just like RM will.

I really don't think what we're doing right now with the likes of Arthur and perhaps FdJ and even De Ligt is that far off from what you admire so much in our rivals. Yes, passing on Isco and Asensio (whom I don't rate that highly, but was a fantastic deal of course) was dumb as hell - which I'm sure our board has learned from - but all the other young guns that you guys so frequently whine about RM snapping up, not so much.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Different situations.

Barca have been at the end of hugely succesful and having to replace some of the best players ever in their team.

Real until now have been succesful on group of core experienced players that will need replaced in next few years and they will spend massively to do it.

For all these great young talents Real have bought they have barely signed anyone who has broke into team as a sure starter in recent years.

Dont think Real have any amazing group of youngsters compared to Barca.

I was only referring to Ronaldo as I think their attacking line (including AMs) has enough firepower to do well (certainly I do not deny Ronaldo has been clutch for them). Of course they have players that will need to be replaced soon such as Marcelo and Modric etc. By no means they are all set. Of course not.

The point is they can start experimenting their youngsters and this is the perfect time to do so.

We will not have this luxury when Messi is gone, that’s why I have been saying we need to start planning early.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I was only referring to Ronaldo as I think their attacking line (including AMs) has enough firepower to do well (certainly I do not deny Ronaldo has been clutch for them). Of course they have players that will need to be replaced soon such as Marcelo and Modric etc. But no means they are all set. Of course not.

The point is they can start experimenting their youngsters and this is the perfect time to do so.

We will not have this luxury when Messi is gone, that’s why I have been saying we need to start planning early.

This time last year Theo Hernandez, Vallejo, Llorente, Asensio, Kovacic etc were being held up as Real being 'set for future'. Folk go over the top when Real sign a younger player.

Example being the young Brazilians. Barca being slaughtered when linked to big fees for those players but for Real it is them assuring their future.

Barca have been planning for future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This time last year Theo Hernandez, Vallejo, Llorente, Asensio, Kovacic etc were being held up as Real being 'set for future'. Folk go over the top when Real sign a younger player.

Example being the young Brazilians. Barca being slaughtered when linked to big fees for those players but for Real it is them assuring their future.

Barca have been planning for future.

It is too early to rule out those folks already, especially Asensio and Vallejo. Kovacic to me is a victim of their own success, their midfield is so good that he hardly gets any chance to play, and I still think he is going to stay with them. He is not a bad player.

I for one would rather that we pay the necessary fees to play the Brazilian lottery (I guess in a way we have, with Arthur) to lock down one of those brightest talents. But I also know that next year there could be another bunch coming up for grabs. :lol:

But I admit it kills me to see Real Madrid, Bayern and City (to a lesser degree) grabbing young talents.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It is too early to rule out those folks already, especially Asensio and Vallejo. Kavacic to me is a victim of their own success, their midfield is so good that he hardly gets any chance to play, and I still think he is going to stay with them. He is not a bad player.

I for one would rather that we pay the necessary fees to play the Brazilian lottery (I guess in a way we have, with Arthur) to lock down one of those brightest talents. But I also know that next year there could be another bunch coming up for grabs. :lol:

But I concur and admit it kills me to see Real Madrid and Bayern grabbing young talents.

Just as is it is was too early last summer to assume those players guarantee the future of Real.

Cant have it all ways. If the idea is that Barca should be more committed to young B team players cant be wanting the club to stockpile youngish players who will need time to develop or pay 90m for two 16 years olds.

Home of Barca Fans