Real Madrid

Morten

Apparently Courtois will be joining them soon, RM are ridiculous, buying Hazard and Courtois at the same time.

Buying two Brazilian prospects early just so nobody will steal them.

Not having a problem in selling argubly their biggest star of all time.

And still, no goalscoring striker, the thing we really need.
No need to brag about our disastrous transfer policy this summer and the last.

FC433

Apparently, they are not looking for big transfers this summer and I believe that it is going to be a huge mistake. The transition must happen now or they will have to build a new team from the start, which is going to take years.

Marcelo, Modrić, Bale, Benz, Ramos and maybe Kroos will be done in two years most likely.

Vilarrubi

Apparently, they are not looking for big transfers this summer and I believe that it is going to be a huge mistake. The transition must happen now or they will have to build a new team from the start, which is going to take years.

Marcelo, Modrić, Bale, Benz, Ramos and maybe Kroos will be done in two years most likely.

What news have you been reading? They are odds on to get hazard

El Gato

Villarato!
What news have you been reading? They are odds on to get hazard

Yea but Chelsea aren't selling for less than 200 reportedly. If you're Sarri, you wouldn't be keen on letting him go.

This whole thing kind of relies on what Chelsea decide to do. If most major rumors come true:

------Kante/Bakayoko----Jorginho/Fabregas/Drinkwater--------
---------------------RLC/Barkley--------------------------------
Willian/Pedro/signing------------------------Hazard/some kid
----------------Giroud +- Morata +- Higuain-----------------------

Now, if they added let's say Golovin and/or Martial to the mix, they'd almost have surplus. Hazard deal would then be on the table at least until the end of August (because English can sell but cannot buy after season starts).

So it is kind of also up to Hazard, whether he will press them to buy insurance players and ask to be moved on, and if they'll put their foot down on it or not. I don't think Real are against financing a big move for Hazard + Courtois for ~200. But a lot is up to Chelsea attitudes towards it.

It could very well keep going until the end of August. Courtois is certainly closer to RM than Hazard is, because they're not against paying 70 for Alisson from what I'm hearing.

Devils

[tw]1019225725461819395[/tw]

-Neymar and Mbappe - Impossible

-Thinking of putting faith into Asensio and Vinicius

-Galactico signing looking unlikely.

Trickykid

:lol:

The mere notion of RM replacing their greatest ever goal-getter with a super raw Brazilian kid with zero top flight experience is so over the top ridiculous.

Of course they'll buy an attacker.

KingLeo10

selling CR7 and losing zidane

getting a discount pep guardiola as coach (is he even that? :lol:)

hesitating to pay top dollar for replacements

may their descent into the mid 2000s mediocrity be swift and prolonged. :messi:

serghei

Possession-style certainly works in league play, if you have the right players for it, but in the CL you usually get punished very hard on counter attacks if you go too far with it.
Which is why a balanced approach in top games is the way to go, we will be left for dead in the CL if Lopetegui is trying to have us play like Spain there.

Possession style usually works in the CL if you have the greatest team by a distance. Either a dreamteam like in 2011 filled with the best players in each position almost, or monster attacking line-ups like Henry - Eto'o - Messi (2009), Neymar - Suarez - Messi (2015), or Ronaldinho - Eto'o - Messi (too bad he got injured that year and missed the last games in the CL).

Our most possession centered team out of all of those was the 2011 dream team who was by so far the best they barely lost the ball and when they did they got it back in seconds. That team could afford to play like that because it was mentally and physically equipped to take the risks and smile at them. Our other teams (minus the 2009 one who was still possession based) were great attacking sides but weren't that possession dominant.

Last edited:

Givenchy

:lol:

The mere notion of RM replacing their greatest ever goal-getter with a super raw Brazilian kid with zero top flight experience is so over the top ridiculous.

Of course they'll buy an attacker.

inb4 Vinicius turns out a better prospect than Mbappe :lol:

seriously though, no way they go into the season without a huge star signing. I would think Perez already has someone lined up or he wouldn't of let Cristiano leave

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I must be the only one who thinks this approach of theirs is smart and prudent. They know everyone wants to get their hands on Real Madrid’s money after they lost Ronaldo so prices are high, they’d rather wait and give their youngsters a chance to play and prove themselves. If they turn out to be good, great for them; if they turn out to be bad, what is the worst that can happen to them? Losing the league? They don’t care as they lost so many league titles recently. Losing the CL? They don’t care as they just won 3 back to back.

Plus, next summer they will have all the money in the world to buy whoever is available on the market (the likes of Hazard, Mbappe and Neymar will likely cost less as they have less time left on their contract, at least not more than what they will pay this summer) if those youngsters don’t work out.

In the long run the preference of locking down young and bright prospects early over signing costly established star players is the way to go.

Last edited:

serghei

They couldn't give a shit if they won 3 CLs in a row. If we win another Liga and add the CL to go with it, they will be fuming. Everything happens in the present. Such is the nature of football.

Trickykid

inb4 Vinicius turns out a better prospect than Mbappe :lol:

seriously though, no way they go into the season without a huge star signing. I would think Perez already has someone lined up or he wouldn't of let Cristiano leave

I'll be surprised if he turns out better than Keirrison...

seriously though, it's obviously early days for him, but from what little I've seen of him, he looks like your dime a dozen Brazilian wunder kind who'll be way in over his head in La Liga.

KingLeo10

I must be the only one who thinks this approach of theirs is smart and prudent. They know everyone wants to get their hands on Real Madrid’s money after they lost Ronaldo so prices are high, they’d rather wait and give their youngsters a chance to play and prove themselves. If they turn out to be good, great for them; if they turn out to be bad, what is the worst that can happen to them? Losing the league? They don’t care as they lost so many league titles recently. Losing the CL? They don’t care as they just won 3 back to back.

Plus, next summer they will have all the money in the world to buy whoever is available on the market (the likes of Hazard, Mbappe and Neymar will likely cost less as they have less time left on their contract, at least not more than what they will pay this summer) if those youngsters don’t work out.

a year is an eternity in football. in one year, neymar and hazard could be on decline being at 27/28 and 29 respectively. and mbappe won't leave PSG so easily. mbappe is a problem in 3-4 years, not now.

Givenchy

I must be the only one who thinks this approach of theirs is smart and prudent. They know everyone wants to get their hands on Real Madrid’s money after they lost Ronaldo so prices are high, they’d rather wait and give their youngsters the chance to play and prove themselves. If they turn out to be good, great for them; if they turn out to be bad, what is the worst that can happen to them? Losing the league? They don’t care as they lost so many league titles recently. Losing the CL? They don’t care as they just won 3 back to back.

Plus, next summer they will have all the money in the world to buy whoever is available on the market (the likes of Hazard, Mbappe and Neymar will likely cause less as they have less time left on their contract, at least not more than what they will pay this summer) if those youngsters don’t work out.

next summer, summer after next, doesn't matter. Neymar and Mbappe are impossible unless they run their contracts down. if Hazard stays this summer he'll probably sign a new contract at Chelsea, i still think Hazard is going to Madrid though, especially with his bumboy Courtois there now

you have a good point about them being able to have a transition phase after 3 CLs in a row but i doubt the fans will accept that

Trickykid

RM just can't do no wrong in your book, huh? :lol:
It's absurd to think that RM will take lightly on a trophyless season.

Home of Barca Fans