Real Madrid

Givenchy

Which matters very, very rarely. When we stopped Lucho team's run of consecutive games without a loss, he got sent off in 83rd minute and 2 mins later Ronaldo scores a winner. If anything, his teams admire the dedication and that he's a risk taker. It's always been a message to the team "if I'm going all out, so should you all".

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/span...ergio-ramos-red-cards-rarely-hurt-real-madrid

imo that doesn't make a good captain. 'if im going all out, so should you all' great so captain fantastics idea of going all out is getting himself sent off :lol: Ramos is a great player but he can be so brainless at times. most of his reds in Clasicos are pure violence because of his frustration and though he does have that win at all costs attitude, for me the Puyol type is the captain i'd want to lead my team; strong, motivated and vocal yet has a calming influence and a brain.

El Gato

Villarato!
imo that doesn't make a good captain. 'if im going all out, so should you all' great so captain fantastics idea of going all out is getting himself sent off :lol: Ramos is a great player but he can be so brainless at times. most of his reds in Clasicos are pure violence because of his frustration and though he does have that win at all costs attitude, for me the Puyol type is the captain i'd want to lead my team; strong, motivated and vocal yet has a calming influence and a brain.

You may wanna scroll up from that comment. Wrote a lengthy post about it.

Stoichkov1

Which matters very, very rarely. When we stopped Lucho team's run of consecutive games without a loss, he got sent off in 83rd minute and 2 mins later Ronaldo scores a winner. If anything, his teams admire the dedication and that he's a risk taker. It's always been a message to the team "if I'm going all out, so should you all".

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/span...ergio-ramos-red-cards-rarely-hurt-real-madrid

And if he wasn't sent off in the last league clasico Messi wouldn't have scored the winner in the last minute. Did it matter that time?

El Gato

Villarato!
And if he wasn't sent off in the last league clasico Messi wouldn't have scored the winner in the last minute. Did it matter that time?

Lol no way of knowing he wouldn't. That game was as back and forth as anything. Doubt any Barca fan on this forum would think Real winning or a draw wouldn't have been a fair result.

His sending offs rarely, rarely are completely consequential to the result. In fact I can't even think of one where he's solely responsible for us dropping points from a silly or reckless red card. Quite a lot of evidence to the contrary though.

Last edited:

vlad

Every normal coach who want best for the team would pick ramos over iniesta for captain, its just that iniesta dont have that captain spirit in himself, same case in argentina, mascherano over messi anytime

Edit: pointless discussion if you ask me

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Isco injured as well and out of Atletico-match.

Without both Isco, Navas, Bale and maybe Kroos, Atletico have a chance, although they will miss Godin.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Well, they are playing them in the same place where we lost our only points so far this season. Never say never.

BarçaBarça

Atleti are nothing special this season, you guys should be able to steamroll them with half your first team.

But Real hasn't been special either, so a draw wouldn't be surprising, and as we can expect to win, there is hope for some added points to the gap.
This is La Liga, not CL, so Atletico surely has a chance! :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Atleti are nothing special this season, you guys should be able to steamroll them with half your first team.

You have a funny idea of steamroll bearing in mind what we've done with half of our first team up until now.

It may be a close game, but the bad luck just keeps on piling up. Atmosphere a few days ago among the fanbase (and the club I presume) was far more positive. Carvajal, Bale, Kovacic, Varane all returning, some not going to play friendlies and calmly training in Valdebebas awaiting the Derbi. Now? Bale injured again, our best player this season received a hard knock.. Hardly positive messages for the fragile team morale.

Home of Barca Fans