User Tag List

Page 918 of 994 FirstFirst ... 418818868908916917918919920928968 ... LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 14910

Thread: Real Madrid

  1. #13756
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    7,754
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Your decline? What decline?
    You are cruising towards another easy double/treble.
    Nice try mate.

  2. #13757
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RM copying the barca blueprint to the letter:

    1) create dominant team with backbone of world class midfielders and fullbacks. CHECK

    2) after success, don't reinforce and instead start to trim squad. on top, hand out 5 year contract extensions like its a charity. CHECK

    3) come out next season with unfounded arrogance, star players completely lose any motivation and team falls off a cliff. CHECK

  3. #13758
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    RM copying the barca blueprint to the letter:

    1) create dominant team with backbone of world class midfielders and fullbacks. CHECK

    2) after success, don't reinforce and instead start to trim squad. on top, hand out 5 year contract extensions like its a charity. CHECK

    3) come out next season with unfounded arrogance, star players completely lose any motivation and team falls off a cliff. CHECK

    2) after success, don't reinforce and instead start to trim squad. on top, hand out 5 year contract extensions like its a charity. CHECK

    The popular idea a few months ago was that they had amazing depth and young players having them set for the future.

  4. #13759
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,216
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    RM copying the barca blueprint to the letter:

    1) create dominant team with backbone of world class midfielders and fullbacks. CHECK

    2) after success, don't reinforce and instead start to trim squad. on top, hand out 5 year contract extensions like its a charity. CHECK

    3) come out next season with unfounded arrogance, star players completely lose any motivation and team falls off a cliff. CHECK
    Except Barca always wins the league, even if they get trashed in the CL and just looks plain average.
    Its just a machinery that never stops working.

  5. #13760
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    1,082
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defensively they are really missing Carvajal. Big blow to them. I'm honestly surprised we didn't see any of this last season. Never as dominate as us during Pep's time; they've just been massively fortunate while we had no luck in the world with Pep outside of the miracle at the Bridge.

    I think it bares mentioning that their first CL under Zidane was soooooooooo lucky and their repeat of the CL is what has created this aura around them. They missed Pep's Bayern in the semi's (he was on a war path to get them a CL and Saul's stunner really flipped that tie on its head) while it took an own goal for them to get past City. Where it took PKs for them to beat Atleti. Ordinary. Lucky. In comparison, closest tie Pep's Barça ever faced was Chelsea 2009. Otherwise, I'd say Barça looked overwhelming dominate in every major CL game they played. Inter 2010 and Chelsea 2012 were shams and again, we were massively unlucky not repeat those years while Real have continuously rode their luck under Zidane.

    So it's about due time that the wheels start to fall off for them. Carvajal, Morata and James' absence is demonstrating how important those players were to them. And two of them, they pulled another Makelele and sold them off after winning. They never learned from that, did it with di Maria as well.

    I'd just say we need to top our group now to have a chance to knock them out in the 16s. If we could beat them in Christmas to solidify La Liga and knock them out of Europe in February, it would be the final nail in their coffin and it'd be massive for our confidence. Dembele' return will be big for us; if he can either help Luis start producing or bench him, I think we would be strong enough, with the form Messi is in, to kill Madrid's season, if we get chance.

    I'm just worried about Tottenham atm. They are extremely impressive.

  6. #13761
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,945
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god, the luck argument is back
    People are boring.

  7. #13762
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8,844
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get killed by Tottenham Hotspurs folks.
    Puyol #5

  8. #13763
    Senior Member
    Neymessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,791
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna be happy at all with their loss.

    They can win trophies by being mediocre case in point last 2 seasons.

  9. #13764
    Senior Member
    ricknattery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    Not gonna be happy at all with their loss.

    They can win trophies by being mediocre case in point last 2 seasons.
    They are the only team that can win trophies by being mediocre because the refs will show up to keep them on the game. Case in point, the Bayern game and the dozen of offside goals they score in last la liga

  10. #13765
    Senior Member
    aaron101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    Not gonna be happy at all with their loss.

    They can win trophies by being mediocre case in point last 2 seasons.
    Yeah, that's how things work for them. 2 years ago, they qualified as 2nd in their group and won the Champions League.

  11. #13766
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    Defensively they are really missing Carvajal. Big blow to them. I'm honestly surprised we didn't see any of this last season. Never as dominate as us during Pep's time; they've just been massively fortunate while we had no luck in the world with Pep outside of the miracle at the Bridge.

    I think it bares mentioning that their first CL under Zidane was soooooooooo lucky and their repeat of the CL is what has created this aura around them. They missed Pep's Bayern in the semi's (he was on a war path to get them a CL and Saul's stunner really flipped that tie on its head) while it took an own goal for them to get past City. Where it took PKs for them to beat Atleti. Ordinary. Lucky. In comparison, closest tie Pep's Barça ever faced was Chelsea 2009. Otherwise, I'd say Barça looked overwhelming dominate in every major CL game they played. Inter 2010 and Chelsea 2012 were shams and again, we were massively unlucky not repeat those years while Real have continuously rode their luck under Zidane.

    So it's about due time that the wheels start to fall off for them. Carvajal, Morata and James' absence is demonstrating how important those players were to them. And two of them, they pulled another Makelele and sold them off after winning. They never learned from that, did it with di Maria as well.

    I'd just say we need to top our group now to have a chance to knock them out in the 16s. If we could beat them in Christmas to solidify La Liga and knock them out of Europe in February, it would be the final nail in their coffin and it'd be massive for our confidence. Dembele' return will be big for us; if he can either help Luis start producing or bench him, I think we would be strong enough, with the form Messi is in, to kill Madrid's season, if we get chance.

    I'm just worried about Tottenham atm. They are extremely impressive.
    Cannot face a club from the same country in the 16s. Or may be the rules changed?

  12. #13767
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    1,082
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post
    Cannot face a club from the same country in the 16s. Or may be the rules changed?
    Good call. That's a weird technical rule that I forget sometimes.

  13. #13768
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Real Madrid will put those who think we are dead in their place" - Sergio Ramos after the game.

    Even if they weren`t our biggest rivals, you simply have to hate them when you see an arrogant retard like Ramos as their captain.

  14. #13769
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,179
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilian View Post
    "Real Madrid will put those who think we are dead in their place" - Sergio Ramos after the game.

    Even if they weren`t our biggest rivals, you simply have to hate them when you see an arrogant retard like Ramos as their captain.
    Do you know why the horse faced cunt was chosen as the captain of the Spanish NT over Iniesta? Disgraceful really, the most elegant, likable player in Spain who has seniority over basically everyone on the Spanish NT is snubbed for some diving cheat like Ramos.

    It's not like Iniesta is Catalan either or anything.

  15. #13770
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, he definitely is a better captain than Iniesta. Iniesta is a footballing legend, liked by everyone everywhere, but he is not captain material like Puyol or Ramos.

    That being said, Ramos is still an arrogant piece of shit.