Thread: Real Madrid

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Your decline? What decline?
    You are cruising towards another easy double/treble.
    Nice try mate.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RM copying the barca blueprint to the letter:

1) create dominant team with backbone of world class midfielders and fullbacks. CHECK

2) after success, don't reinforce and instead start to trim squad. on top, hand out 5 year contract extensions like its a charity. CHECK

3) come out next season with unfounded arrogance, star players completely lose any motivation and team falls off a cliff. CHECK

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post

1) create dominant team with backbone of world class midfielders and fullbacks. CHECK

2) after success, don't reinforce and instead start to trim squad. on top, hand out 5 year contract extensions like its a charity. CHECK

3) come out next season with unfounded arrogance, star players completely lose any motivation and team falls off a cliff. CHECK

The popular idea a few months ago was that they had amazing depth and young players having them set for the future.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post

Except Barca always wins the league, even if they get trashed in the CL and just looks plain average.
    Its just a machinery that never stops working.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defensively they are really missing Carvajal. Big blow to them. I'm honestly surprised we didn't see any of this last season. Never as dominate as us during Pep's time; they've just been massively fortunate while we had no luck in the world with Pep outside of the miracle at the Bridge.

I think it bares mentioning that their first CL under Zidane was soooooooooo lucky and their repeat of the CL is what has created this aura around them. They missed Pep's Bayern in the semi's (he was on a war path to get them a CL and Saul's stunner really flipped that tie on its head) while it took an own goal for them to get past City. Where it took PKs for them to beat Atleti. Ordinary. Lucky. In comparison, closest tie Pep's Barça ever faced was Chelsea 2009. Otherwise, I'd say Barça looked overwhelming dominate in every major CL game they played. Inter 2010 and Chelsea 2012 were shams and again, we were massively unlucky not repeat those years while Real have continuously rode their luck under Zidane.

So it's about due time that the wheels start to fall off for them. Carvajal, Morata and James' absence is demonstrating how important those players were to them. And two of them, they pulled another Makelele and sold them off after winning. They never learned from that, did it with di Maria as well.

I'd just say we need to top our group now to have a chance to knock them out in the 16s. If we could beat them in Christmas to solidify La Liga and knock them out of Europe in February, it would be the final nail in their coffin and it'd be massive for our confidence. Dembele' return will be big for us; if he can either help Luis start producing or bench him, I think we would be strong enough, with the form Messi is in, to kill Madrid's season, if we get chance.

I'm just worried about Tottenham atm. They are extremely impressive.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god, the luck argument is back
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get killed by Tottenham Hotspurs folks.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna be happy at all with their loss.

They can win trophies by being mediocre case in point last 2 seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post

They are the only team that can win trophies by being mediocre because the refs will show up to keep them on the game. Case in point, the Bayern game and the dozen of offside goals they score in last la liga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post

Yeah, that's how things work for them. 2 years ago, they qualified as 2nd in their group and won the Champions League.

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    Defensively they are really missing Carvajal. Big blow to them. I'm honestly surprised we didn't see any of this last season. Never as dominate as us during Pep's time; they've just been massively fortunate while we had no luck in the world with Pep outside of the miracle at the Bridge.

I think it bares mentioning that their first CL under Zidane was soooooooooo lucky and their repeat of the CL is what has created this aura around them. They missed Pep's Bayern in the semi's (he was on a war path to get them a CL and Saul's stunner really flipped that tie on its head) while it took an own goal for them to get past City. Where it took PKs for them to beat Atleti. Ordinary. Lucky. In comparison, closest tie Pep's Barça ever faced was Chelsea 2009. Otherwise, I'd say Barça looked overwhelming dominate in every major CL game they played. Inter 2010 and Chelsea 2012 were shams and again, we were massively unlucky not repeat those years while Real have continuously rode their luck under Zidane.

So it's about due time that the wheels start to fall off for them. Carvajal, Morata and James' absence is demonstrating how important those players were to them. And two of them, they pulled another Makelele and sold them off after winning. They never learned from that, did it with di Maria as well.

I'd just say we need to top our group now to have a chance to knock them out in the 16s. If we could beat them in Christmas to solidify La Liga and knock them out of Europe in February, it would be the final nail in their coffin and it'd be massive for our confidence. Dembele' return will be big for us; if he can either help Luis start producing or bench him, I think we would be strong enough, with the form Messi is in, to kill Madrid's season, if we get chance.

I'm just worried about Tottenham atm. They are extremely impressive.
    Cannot face a club from the same country in the 16s. Or may be the rules changed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post
    Cannot face a club from the same country in the 16s. Or may be the rules changed?
    Good call. That's a weird technical rule that I forget sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Real Madrid will put those who think we are dead in their place" - Sergio Ramos after the game.

Even if they weren`t our biggest rivals, you simply have to hate them when you see an arrogant retard like Ramos as their captain.

Banned

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilian View Post
    "Real Madrid will put those who think we are dead in their place" - Sergio Ramos after the game.

Even if they weren`t our biggest rivals, you simply have to hate them when you see an arrogant retard like Ramos as their captain.
    Do you know why the horse faced cunt was chosen as the captain of the Spanish NT over Iniesta? Disgraceful really, the most elegant, likable player in Spain who has seniority over basically everyone on the Spanish NT is snubbed for some diving cheat like Ramos.

It's not like Iniesta is Catalan either or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, he definitely is a better captain than Iniesta. Iniesta is a footballing legend, liked by everyone everywhere, but he is not captain material like Puyol or Ramos.

That being said, Ramos is still an arrogant piece of shit.