Real Madrid

Alarcón

These kind of comments really are beyond stupid

Real Madrid are a great team. One of the best 3 in the world. Just like Bayern and atletico are a great team.

Not calling them great just because you hate them is just foolish.

He didn't say they're not a great team, he said they're not special. Nothing wrong with his comment and you said it yourself, Bayern are great, Atlético are great, RM are great... others are great as well... RM doesn't stand out from other world class teams.

barcafan161

He didn't say they're not a great team, he said they're not special. Nothing wrong with his comment and you said it yourself, Bayern are great, Atlético are great, RM are great... others are great as well... RM doesn't stand out from other world class teams.

Did i say they did? Implying a team isn't special is claiming they aren't that good.

Horatio

You're welcome
Just because they are amongst top 5 sides doesn't mean they are great.

Playing Devil's advocate here but Neymessi did imply they aren't great. Not trying to stir up something but I can see where barcafan161 is coming from.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Playing Devil's advocate here but Neymessi did imply they aren't great. Not trying to stir up something but I can see where barcafan161 is coming from.

That came after his initial rant.

When I said they aren't great it didn't mean they would lose to midtable side or something. This should have been clear when I wrote they still can reach a CL final or semis in my first post. Even under benitez real was 3rd favorite to win the cl. Even when they aren't good they will still be favorite (although marginally) against majority of top clubs apart from bayern and barca because bayer barca and RM are the top 3 sides and it would need a humongous dip in form to not be favorites against the other top sides.

So while they aren't extremely bad at all right now, they aren't that good either like what one expects RM to be. But even with that they can do well in CL because well, other teams aren't good enough to beat a not so special RM. So yeah you can call them a top side in comparison undoubtedly, no is denying that, but they aren't that good either compared to barca or even bayern and while they will be favorites in majority of their big matches, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually lose because they wouldn't be favorites by a big margin.

Last edited:

Alarcón

Regardless of what happens vs Eibar, Madrid have been in poor form lately. Might be their 4th game in a row without win. Cristiano seems like a weak link in their team right now, he wastes so many good chances it's incredible.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Marcelona, Casemiro and Modric. Three key players missing. Kind of obvious that they would struggle, but 4 draws in a row is a blessing.

Morten

It was such a great idea not to buy a backup for Casemiro.
Looks like we have to gamble on cdr and CL again, we wont win the league.

Kerrybai

http://www.abc.es/espana/madrid/abc...d&ns_source=tw&ns_linkname=cm_madrid&ns_fee=0

'The new Bernabeu is no luxury hotel and cost 400 million euros

The works, funded by sponsorship, will begin after this season and last at least three years

No hotel; no more capacity; no new parking spaces, and without increasing the buildable. Real Madrid and the City Council presented Tuesday at the Palacio de Cibeles the final draft of the new stadium Santiago Bernabeu . Will own mayor, Manuela Carmena , club president, Florentino Perez , and the delegate of Sustainable Urban Development (DUS), José Manuel Calvo , who announced the agreements reached. '

http://www.elmundo.es/madrid/2016/1...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

'Once you complete the process of modernizing the Bernabeu, opened in 1947, the usual meringue art will appreciate some significant changes also inside, as the new tier that is to be built on the east side with more than 3,000 seats to homogenize the height perimeter of the facility. However, this new equipment will not result in an increase of capacity, but will serve to "restructure the existing and improve the quality and comfort of some localities and its approaches", as stated in the project. '

Big disappointment for a lot of Madrid fans...no capacity increase in the final plans of the stadium redevelopment.

xavisionary

real-madrid-2009-20101.jpg

Having a nostalgic day for when Madrid's squad looked like this

Home of Barca Fans