Real Madrid

Neymessi

They really aren't anything special but there are hardly any special sides left today in cl so I wouldn't be surprised if they reach the finals again.

Trickykid

Brilliant piece of ball control there from Cronaldo :lol:
Anyhow, Las Palmas dominating possession, and RM will most likely score on the break sooner or later.

BarçaBarça

Zidane's luck is running out lol

I'm glad they didn't break the winning-streak record in the league - it would have been unbearable to hear more Zidane-Pep comparisons by people who actually believe there is something to compare.

Now the situation is completely different: It has been exposed that RM does not have a thought-through gameplan other than 'punish the opponents mistakes' and random individual brilliance. So many good individuals brought them this far (this season), but there has been no clear playing style as I see it. I really hope Dortmund can utilize this on Tuesday.

barcafan161

They really aren't anything special but there are hardly any special sides left today in cl so I wouldn't be surprised if they reach the finals again.

These kind of comments really are beyond stupid

Real Madrid are a great team. One of the best 3 in the world. Just like Bayern and atletico are a great team.

Not calling them great just because you hate them is just foolish.

Neymessi

These kind of comments really are beyond stupid

Real Madrid are a great team. One of the best 3 in the world. Just like Bayern and atletico are a great team.

Not calling them great just because you hate them is just foolish.

Sorry to break your bubble but its not my post but yours that is retarded.

I have always admired and feared and hated them when they are actually great but they aren't anything special right now and many would agree. Just because they are amongst top 5 sides doesn't mean they are great.

You can call them a great side and i can call them just good and it will come down to opinion but Logical reasoning isn't your strong suit i guess if you think someone who doesn't think madrid is special curently is saying that out of hatred.

Last edited:

barcafan161

Sorry to break your bubble but if you think my post was stupid then you were stupid.

I have always admired and feared them when they are actually great but they aren't anything special right now and many would agree. Just because they are top 5 sides doesn't mean they are great. Logical reasoning isn't your strong suit i guess if you think someone who doesn't think madrid is special curently is saying that out of hatred.

Considering they are missing what 3 starters? I wouldn't expect them to look as good as if they were there. Yet they still lead la liga so they are doing something right.

Doesn't mean they aren't a great team. I'm sure you aren't that much of a homer that you think we are the only great team in world football but judging by your post maybe you do.

Neymessi

Considering they are missing what 3 starters? I wouldn't expect them to look as good as if they were there. Yet they still lead la liga so they are doing something right.

Doesn't mean they aren't a great team. I'm sure you aren't that much of a homer that you think we are the only great team in world football but judging by your post maybe you do.

First of all you need to realize I made that comment before they drew against las palmas and were 3 points ahead of us so its not like that was a knee jerk reaction to their draw.

Second, they were full strength when they drew against villareal.

Third, this was my opinion in general on the madrid team since zidane took over and most would agree it needed a mammoth amount of luck to win the cl.

Fourth, we are behind because of a rotation blunder against alvaves and playing against a big side aka atletico which they haven't yet.

Fifth, you can call madrid extremely strong and i can call them goodish but thats just opinion so no big deal.

Lastly and most importantly stop bringing this bs that i think madrid sucks because i hate them and no club is a tenth of us. Nothing in my post suggests that and you are only embarassing yourself with retarded debates.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I have no idea why you're trying to talk them up. Everyone with eyes in their head can attest to the fact that they aren't playing well. They've had one or two good games this season (mainly the league opener against Sociedad and possibly the next one against Osasuna). Aside from that, it's been pretty meh. I'm sure most madridistas will agree with this.
This is of course not saying that they won't win anything this season, because they most likely will, but trying to argue that they're currently a fantastic team is just foolish.

barcafan161

I have no idea why you're trying to talk them up. Everyone with eyes in their head can attest to the fact that they aren't playing well. They've had one or two good games this season (mainly the league opener against Sociedad and possibly the next one against Osasuna). Aside from that, it's been pretty meh. I'm sure most madridistas will agree with this.
This is of course not saying that they won't win anything this season, because they most likely will, but trying to argue that they're currently a fantastic team is just foolish.
How am I talking them up? Their form isn't great right now but that wasn't my point

My point was they are still a great team with quality players like Bayern and atletico

There aren't many great teams in world football but those teams are

That was my original point to [MENTION=16494]Neymessi[/MENTION] where i thought it was wrong not to consider them a great team when they are. It kind of implies that we are the only great team in club football when thats not the case.

I certainly don't want to be arguing with fellow barca fans about how good real madrid are. We all want them to lose every game they play so the last thing i want to do is defend madrid.

Trickykid

How am I talking them up? Their form isn't great right now but that wasn't my point

My point was they are still a great team with quality players like Bayern and atletico

There aren't many great teams in world football but those teams are

That was my original point to [MENTION=16494]Neymessi[/MENTION] where i thought it was wrong not to consider them a great team when they are. It kind of implies that we are the only great team in club football when thats not the case.

I certainly don't want to be arguing with fellow barca fans about how good real madrid are. We all want them to lose every game they play so the last thing i want to do is defend madrid.

We'll probably just end up arguing semantics, but the original post that you claimed was beyond stupid just stated that the current RM side isn't anything special, which I agree with. They're a good side with splendid individuals, but far from a special side. Again, semantics, but special sides in my eyes are greats such as Heyncke's Bayern, Rijkaard's, Pep's and Lucho's Barça and of course a handful of other teams in modern day football. Less stellar teams than the aforementioned will do as well, but I can't shake that this RM side is far from such teams and can lose to just about any team out there on any given day. Granted, because of their individual quality, they are also equally capable of beating any other team.

Horatio

You're welcome
Remember when we had the MSN vs BBC comparison?

Crying-Laughing-Meme-07.jpg

How times have changed.

barcafan161

We'll probably just end up arguing semantics, but the original post that you claimed was beyond stupid just stated that the current RM side isn't anything special, which I agree with. They're a good side with splendid individuals, but far from a special side. Again, semantics, but special sides in my eyes are greats such as Heyncke's Bayern, Rijkaard's, Pep's and Lucho's Barça and of course a handful of other teams in modern day football. Less stellar teams than the aforementioned will do as well, but I can't shake that this RM side is far from such teams and can lose to just about any team out there on any given day. Granted, because of their individual quality, they are also equally capable of beating any other team.

I used the term great team. Lets not act like calling them a great team means great all time team but in terms of club football they are a great team like teams like Bayern and atletico are. To me those are all great teams. Guess it depends how you view the word great.

Teams that are capable of winning the champions league to me are great teams...guess people's meaning of the word is different to others.

Home of Barca Fans