Real Madrid

Birdy

More rumours popping up of Alaba going to Real.

Fuck me! That would be a huge W for Madrid, and huge L for Barca...

I know we cannot afford his wages, but on the pitch fits the bill of that modern CB that we are currently lacking.
A pair of Alaba and Araujo would be ideal

Raketa10

He'll be 29 in half a year, hope our contract isnt too generous...

Sure it is. He demanded 20 mil from Bayern so there is no chance he settled for much less than that. I like Alaba but this is too much for a 29y old LB who above all that played as a CB during the last two seasons. He was one of the best LB's during the last decade but as a CB he wasn't on that level.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am not worried about Alaba, he hasn't been that great for a long time, it is not like he is going to pick up form or whatever to get magically better.

El Gato

Villarato!
Considering Ramos wants a raise too, this may really just be the case of 'pick your poison'.

Come on Rene, stop being petty.

El Gato

Villarato!
Rather give Ramos a raise than pay someone who`s never player here before an even higher wage.

Depends how high Rene is pushing it. They may want a fair bit more than what Alaba is asking.
But TBH we shouldn't go for him anyway methinks. Too injury prone, even if solves most our rotation problems including 2nd option at DM. And comes with a hefty signature bonus.

We clearly are in this position because someone fucked up with the extensions for other players. I don't see Ramos declining an extension on the same salary otherwise. May have been hoping he doesn't kick up a fuss because he's old, like Modrić didn't. Or whatever other excuse

But you won't read people criticising Perez on that on reddit or in other western, english-language Madrid media. Only surprised faces wondering wtf is going on and praising the likes of Benzema to heavens, despite him being one of those who received a raise on the extension till 2023. Fucking stupid

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans