Real Madrid

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Madrid already borrowed their stadium renovation money before COVID started at a very low interest rate (3%, if I am not mistaken) so they are in a great spot.

Messi983

I would be much more affraid if you'd get Haaland, Mbappe is overrated imo.

I could easily see :papaperez: sign both of them alongside Camavinga and dominate La Liga for the next decade while we'll waste our money on the likes of Lautaro and Ndombele, lol.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid is simply much better run and with better vision when it comes to signing players and managing money (not necessarily in other realms of the club).

mc_lovin

From a sporting perspective they are in the same hole as we are. But yeah, at least financially they are much better run than us (and more professional). I wouldnt predict how things turn out though, there are rarely sure bets.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would be much more affraid if you'd get Haaland, Mbappe is overrated imo.

I could easily see :papaperez: sign both of them alongside Camavinga and dominate La Liga for the next decade while we'll waste our money on the likes of Lautaro and Ndombele, lol.

Mbappe is by far away the best talent in his age group and levels above Haaland. The only generational talent out of the forwards around his age.

serghei

I too think Mbappe has gotten overrated. Yes, he's the best talent out there attacking wise, but I really don't think he's head and shoulders above the rest.

FinBarcelonafan

I too think Mbappe has gotten overrated. Yes, he's the best talent out there attacking wise, but I really don't think he's head and shoulders above the rest.

True. He is a great talent, but I don't see him ever reaching Messi/Ronaldo level. I don't think he has smarts for it. He needs to leave France ASAP, in my opinion. It will slow down his progress.

khaled_a_d

True. He is a great talent, but I don't see him ever reaching Messi/Ronaldo level.

Messi and CR7 are the two most dominant players in the history of the game. Any player reaching half of their level is an elite player and probably a top 5 player in his era.
You can't set them as the standard.

but I really don't think he's head and shoulders above the rest.

Thing is, I don't see any player who is 3 years older to 3 years younger who is close to compete with him. Closest thing might be Sterling who is 4 years older, though younger players might come and challenge him.
Since 2017 till now he is -by far- the best player of his age group.

Morten

True. He is a great talent, but I don't see him ever reaching Messi/Ronaldo level. I don't think he has smarts for it. He needs to leave France ASAP, in my opinion. It will slow down his progress.

Mbappe is easily more more mature and complete at age 21, compared to CR.
If he have the same progression, he will surpass him, most likely, or be around the same level.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mbappe is easily more more mature and complete at age 21, compared to CR.
If he have the same progression, he will surpass him, most likely, or be around the same level.

Highly doubt it. Ronaldo is not that easily replicated and surpassed, by Mbappe or anybody else.

Horatio

You're welcome
He will never surpass Ronaldo. At least he will never be remembered like that. Simply because he?d have to get 5 balon dors first.

Home of Barca Fans