Real Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
Asensio won the La Liga FIFA20 tourney. Starting squad in all games: Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Mendy, Casemiro, Modrić, Kroos, Hazard, Bale, Asensio

Brought Jović on ahead of Benz in 4 out of 5 fixtures.

The evidence is clear y'all

BarçaBarça

My fear when summer 2021 comes:

Barca:
Vidal, Semedo(/Cancelo) + money for Lautaro
Todibo, Rakitic for Pjanic + de Sciglio
Umtiti + Dembele + money for Neymar
Coutinho for money.
This leaves us with older (Pjanic), overpriced (Neymar, though he would be quality) or not-good enough players (Lautaro, Sciglio).
At the same time our big problems with quality fullbacks, central defenders, and Busquets-replacement hasn't been solved.

Real:
Buys Mbappe. Maybe a forced transfer via FIFA like this or just straight out negotiated deal with PSG.
Buys Haaland. Not difficult, with his buy-out (75M next year). Barca won't have space with Griezmann and Lautaro and the upcoming 5 years extension to Suarez just for old times sake.
Buys De Bruyne. If Citys ban is enforced, he will force his way out next year and not stay in England - and we won't have the money.
Real have saved up the last 4 years and could manage to pull these off in the end.

El Gato

Villarato!
We won't buy Dr Bruyne

You guys need to exercise some skepticism while throwing these names around. Especially in COVID days, how are we meant to satisfy FFP and salary rules if all these names were bought? Since we have sodall to sell for equivalent amounts.

El Gato

Villarato!
Was a hypothesis, yes. But everything's been delayed by another half a year at least so who knows how things will progress with the stadium, player contracts etc. If some players will want to go elsewhere and we get little to no money on them (i.e. James) then sporting project won't be this easy to carry out and Perez might choose to bide his time with all the young we bought.

BarçaBarça

We won't buy Dr Bruyne

You guys need to exercise some skepticism while throwing these names around. Especially in COVID days, how are we meant to satisfy FFP and salary rules if all these names were bought? Since we have sodall to sell for equivalent amounts.

Yes, De Bruyne is a stretch, no one knows what will happen, because the ban isn't upheld yet.

FFP is easy for Real with +90M€ profit in 17/18, profit in 16/17 and only last summer spend mad money (200M€ net spend).
When Bale is your biggest salary-problem you are alright, he will be gone when he expires. James/Modric soon too.
Giving Mbappe Ronaldo-wages wouldn't be a problem, he will certainly be worth it.

Everything else aside, just getting Mbappe will mark a new era for Real Madrid, and it is realistic that you can get him, even in the end by waiting until he expires.

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm not so sure. It cannot be calculated this liberally. Haaland will cost anyone a large amount of cash if he keeps up the development and will be in conversation in 2022, which is a year after the summer we'll move for Mbappe. To make these work at the same time, we'd need to have a substantial cushion, or risk breaking the rules and taking a 1-2 window ban like City.

In a three year period since summer 2017, we have a 100M euros loss over 4 summer windows. This summer is not going to have any big money expenditure, possibly only a paid fee for Sociedad to get Odegaard back (I think we need to pay some sum to cut it short?), only Hakimi and Reguilon returning. We have a surplus of players which we will make some money on, but it's not a given as to how much since only a few have had a successful year. The one real and pressing need is to address the 2nd DM situation and fix our attack internally or by some kind of loan stop gap upfront. All the rest the club will bide their time with.

All in all, I think we'll get Mbappe within 2 years if nothing changes and PSG don't win the CL this or next year, or both. More so if Zidane is still here. Maybe add another pet product of Zidane if we win some titles to keep him happy i.e. Pogba (ugh).
But we won't do 3 100+ signings in the space of 2 summers. No chance. Perez doesn't operate that way. If City does some form of a sale of stars disgruntled with the CL ban, they'll not let all of them go. KDB is 28 as well and Perez doesn't like buying players with one large contract left in them.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

There will be no forced transfers via FIFA ruling. No chance. But its dead on that Mbappe will play for Madrid in 2021 or 2022 (at the latest). Haaland has a decent chance to end up in the premier league, but even if Madrid get both I wouldnt despair. Who knows how they work out. Always thought Mbappe wanted to play as a #9 as well. And, dare I say it, Haaland is not all that :S Maybe I am wrong, but hes so fucking clumsy. You can quote me in a few years when Haaland is the best striker in the world and Lautaro, who I rate more, is shit.

Edit: De Bruyne is great though, but neither us or Madrid can get all good players. Thats just paranoia. Plus hes 29 in a month.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
And, dare I say it, Haaland is not all that :S Maybe I am wrong, but hes so fucking clumsy. You can quote me in a few years when Haaland is the best striker in the world and Lautaro, who I rate more, is shit.

Van Nistelrooy would be described as clumsy by today's standards :lol: I dunno about the 'clumsiness', Adebayor was quite clumsy, can't remember if Ibra was as incredibly coordinated as he was ever since Ajax. But generally I reckon Haaland has a good future just based on attitude. He just needs someone to tell him to never stop being a bully. Embrace the hate if there ever comes one.

mc_lovin

Van Nistelrooy would be described as clumsy by today's standards :lol: I dunno about the 'clumsiness', Adebayor was quite clumsy, can't remember if Ibra was as incredibly coordinated as he was ever since Ajax. But generally I reckon Haaland has a good future just based on attitude. He just needs someone to tell him to never stop being a bully. Embrace the hate if there ever comes one.

I am probably far too harsh :lol: But I think he would have a much harder time in La Liga (or at a genuine top club).

Edit: Ibrahimovic is probably the benchmark for technique with a height >1,9m and I would even call him clumsy :lol: Theres a good reason he has no CL titles.

Morten

There will be no forced transfers via FIFA ruling. No chance. But its dead on that Mbappe will play for Madrid in 2021 or 2022 (at the latest). Haaland has a decent chance to end up in the premier league, but even if Madrid get both I wouldnt despair. Who knows how they work out. Always thought Mbappe wanted to play as a #9 as well. And, dare I say it, Haaland is not all that :S Maybe I am wrong, but hes so fucking clumsy. You can quote me in a few years when Haaland is the best striker in the world and Lautaro, who I rate more, is shit.

Edit: De Bruyne is great though, but neither us or Madrid can get all good players. Thats just paranoia. Plus hes 29 in a month.

You dont score over 40 goals as a teenager and be average, clearly he is a special talent.
I`ll take a "clumsy" striker that puts the ball in the back of the net over "link-up"-striker, the main job of a striker is to score, players around him can take care of the playmaking parts.

Also, people said he would struggle when he went to Bundesliga, he didnt, then people said he would struggle in the CL, he didint.
Looks like he is handling that part really well, he would not struggle in La Liga either.

Andresito

Staff member
Perez could always be tempted to sell his Brazilian kids to afford the golden stars that are Mbapp? and Haaland.

mc_lovin

You dont score over 40 goals as a teenager and be average, clearly he is a special talent.
I`ll take a "clumsy" striker that puts the ball in the back of the net over "link-up"-striker, the main job of a striker is to score, players around him can take care of the playmaking parts.

Also, people said he would struggle when he went to Bundesliga, he didnt, then people said he would struggle in the CL, he didint.
Looks like he is handling that part really well, he would not struggle in La Liga either.

I didnt call him average, but his main skillset is physicality and tenaciousness. I dont think he can improve much in those areas. His technique is average though. And this can have serious drawbacks. His game vs PSG away was shocking for example, but hes young, we will see how things turn out.

El Gato

Villarato!

Don't think many people said either of those things considering he was a massive threat against GOAT caliber tho easy-going group-stage Liverpool.

And no, it's not really 'special' scoring as many as he did considering the tools at his disposal. It'd be like saying young LeBron James scoring 25 each at 19 is special (though I don't think Haaland is nearly a freak like LBJ). He's really only had a great great autumn (28 in 22) that got people to pay attention and that's it really. Everything before that was as chequered as any other talent's run. What is special though is the courage. But mental traits can change at will so even if he won't grow any more, he knows he needs to improve.
Plus as with any other new player, people will start to figure out how to stop him, what he does and doesn't like to do. It's his job to evolve and not make it his weakness.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans