Real Madrid

Messigician

Did you laugh the same way when Asensio was the 2nd choice RW over the years?

It's quite obvious we will be a high-risk high-reward team. Zizou stated multiple times he prefers to score more than the opponent which doesn't come without sacrificing match control.

Yes we will still laugh

BBZ8800

im pretty scared about this refreshed and highly reinforced real squad...we might lose the league if we dont enhance our own...

Refreshed squads rarely click from the first season.

If majority of their new signings will be a success, which is statistically highly unlikely, they could pose a threat in spring and in the next season.

Until spring, we will probably have a 10+ point advantage.

We might lost 4:0 to Liverpool and 3:0 to Roma, but our team is still a master for consistent wins against Girona, Getafe and Levante.

That can't be said for Hazard, Jovic, Benzema and guys.

El Gato

Villarato!
Refreshed squads rarely click from the first season.

If they're all new, sure. This won't be a 'new' team with all new offense leaders. Realistically, the 11 will be the same as last year with only outright change of Hazard at LW. Jović inclusion dependent on how quick he adapts to the culture and sheds his nerves towards the rest.

serghei

Exactly. They are keeping their backbone. Probably Kroos and Casemiro will still start. Probably Modric too if they don't sign anyone there (Eriksen or similar). Varane will start, Ramos will start, probably Carvajal too if he is fit. They are going to try to bring back Marcelo on form too, Zidane hasn't given up on him I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only change for time being in the first 11 is Hazard and maybe Mendy (seems Zidane didn't rate Reguilon too highly). I doubt Jovic will replace Benzema very soon, and I don't see him playing well wide. What they have now though is great depth again to impact games from the bench, something which Zidane likes to do. He has options, and unlike our idiot Valverde, he knows how to use a quality squad, because he already did it to great results in 2017.

The changes aren't huge, but they will play better than last year, and their motivation (including motivation withing the more veteran group of players) will be high probably to not repeat the terrible last season.

Also, Zidane is a different level to Lopetegui/Solari. These signings under Lopetegui won't do shit. These signings with triple CL winner Zidane might go places next season. They will challenge hard for La Liga / CL and my guess is they're gonna win one of those two.

Last edited:

The Observer

Zidane is triple CL winner because of a certain player going on a 21 knockout goals rampage in 3 seasons.

Last season if they still had Ronaldo they would have won the CL again. As bad as they were, they hit the woodwork, VAR decision went against them (unlike previous seasons) and Benzema stumbled over his own feet when he was alone infront of goal against Ajax. With Ronaldo they easily beat Ajax and easily beat Spurs as well after that, no questions asked. Then it's against Liverpool again in the final which is 50:50. With their record in finals and the final being played in Madrid: Yeah, I think they win again.

In the league they weren't worse than before. So yeah, not much to do with Zidane's coaching genius. It's obvious who they really missed.

KingLeo10

Zidane is triple CL winner because of a certain player going on a 21 knockout goals rampage in 3 seasons.

Last season if they still had Ronaldo they would have won the CL again. As bad as they were, they hit the woodwork, VAR decision went against them (unlike previous seasons) and Benzema stumbled over his own feet when he was alone infront of goal against Ajax. With Ronaldo they easily beat Ajax and easily beat Spurs as well after that, no questions asked. Then it's against Liverpool again in the final which is 50:50. With their record in finals and the final being played in Madrid: Yeah, I think they win again.

In the league they weren't worse than before. So yeah, not much to do with Zidane's coaching genius. It's obvious who they really missed.

The 'daydreamer'.

:lol::lol: why didn't Juve win with CR7 then?

CR7 was a huge part of their success but Zidane's man management and mentality in finals was crucial too.

BarçaBarça

Did you laugh the same way when Asensio was the 2nd choice RW over the years?

It's quite obvious we will be a high-risk high-reward team. Zizou stated multiple times he prefers to score more than the opponent which doesn't come without sacrificing match control.

No, because DM is the position with the most risk in this Real-team, imo. And 1 injury for Casemiro and you are pretty much out of the league race. Even when Casemiro is fit, he can be the weak-point. High-risk, high reward does not give you league titles, as I see it.

If you get Pogba instead of Modric, it would be better for you, but ultimately Llorente to Atletico could prove the most important transfer of your summer. I know Zidane calls the shots, but I would have bought Rodri and benched Casemiro. Then again, I'm not as impressed with Zidane as others are.

The more new players who start, the more dangerous you will be (Mendy, Hazard, Jovic, Militão). Zidane has his favourites, so I'm not convinced there will be a revolution, even though that is needed. Hell, I'm not even sure Asensio/Vinicius/Rodrigo/Brahim will play more than Vázquez. Zidane demanded Mbappe + Mane, but got Hazard, who is also world class. If you could get the others I would be truly scared. Right now, I want to see this Real side put in a real threat before I believe it.

The 'daydreamer'.

:lol::lol: why didn't Juve win with CR7 then?

CR7 was a huge part of their success but Zidane's man management and mentality in finals was crucial too.

Juve hasnt got a strong team like Real Madrid. Juve's midfieldplayers were Matuidi-Can-Pjanic (LOL). The only player who isnt shit is Pjanic (good but not worldclass). Thats why I also think that Madrid would have beat Ajax, then Spurs and in the final against Liverpool it would have been 50/50.

mc_lovin

I have the feeling they make the same mistake we did with Veratti - aka chasing Pogba all summer and not getting sh*t done. Would be shocked if their midfield gets back to their peak level. Other than that whos their right winger?

(in before they pay 180ME+ for Pogba)

Home of Barca Fans