World most valuable clubs

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
forbes.png

Looking at the EPL clubs, they are really quite huge on digging a grave for themselves...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That`s a list from Forbes. Bayern the healthiest club in Europe. And they say Scots are cheap? Pfft...

House of Flies

Yeh that also stood out for me, how did the Scots manage to accumulate such debts.

I do have a natural inclination to hate Rangers because of their behavior at Barcelona so I am definitely glad to see them fail.

shadows

Chelsea 92 pc ..lol..Even Real Madrid are also in significant debt..although wouldnt be much surprised if the spanish govt steps in to save their ass:lol::lol:

House of Flies

I dont think that Spanish government will do that... these are not franco fc days. However, 23% on such a hugely prized asset is not a bad thing. But when you look at Newcy, they are really fucked. The fact that they are almost getting relegated is also funny.

Another thing that you guys should notice is that except for Barcelona and Madrid, there are no other spanish teams in top 25 whilst there are 6 german clubs who have little debt compared to a lot of other leagues. Impressive, who would have guessed that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh that also stood out for me, how did the Scots manage to accumulate such debts.

I do have a natural inclination to hate Rangers because of their behavior at Barcelona so I am definitely glad to see them fail.

lol. I didn`t mean that. I meant the club of Bayern`s economical stature spends so little in comparison to other top clubs.

House of Flies

lol. I didn`t mean that. I meant the club of Bayern`s economical stature spends so little in comparison to other top clubs.

haha yes, my bad... but bayern is a well run club like most bundesliga clubs. they have the best attendances.

there was a story that touched my heart about this team in Berlin getting promoted to 2liga and the team had to upgrade its stadium in compliance with the 2liga clubs... so 500 fans took it upon themselves to overhaul their stadium. The whole upgrade will cost the club only $17 million. That is dedication.

Guardian

Definitely the Bundesliga clubs are the best run football institutions around. They spend a little and they are covered by huge companies like the Russian oil giant Gazprom (Shalke 04), Mercedes (Stuttgart), Volkswagen (Wolfsburg), Adidas (Bayern), Nordbank (Hamburger), Signal Iduna (Dortmund), Ford (FC Koln), the pharmaceutical company Bayer (Bayer Leverkusen) etc.

English clubs come second and in spite of their huge debts, they can cover their debts in the following years. Being part of richest league that attracts many sponsors and investors that wouldn't be a problem for them. Newcastle is the only exception though, they are in deep waters indeed. Chelsea could be in trouble too, if uncle Roman decided that he's bored and retire from football. But even then there are plenty of rich men in the Middle and the Far East who are ready to take over these clubs.

Spanish clubs are in financial crisis indeed, apart from Real Madrid and Fc Barcelona, the only well run clubs are Villarreal and Sevilla. And maybe Santander. I don't know what is the solution, going public maybe? Or finding rich investors? Betis could be sold to a rich businessman from the Emirates I heard, which would be great for La Liga.
Will see.

House of Flies

inter are so down on the list is because of the calciopoli effect. everyone in italy sees Inter as being the ones that profited from this. Inter being a better team gets less people out to see their game than Ac Milan does and also, Inter brand is not good at all in the market.

I dont understand how Man Utd got there as the number 1 out there cause in early 1990s, they were nothing.

House of Flies

Definitely the Bundesliga clubs are the best run football institutions around. They spend a little and they are covered by huge companies like the Russian oil giant Gazprom (Shalke 04), Mercedes (Stuttgart), Volkswagen (Wolfsburg), Adidas (Bayern), Nordbank (Hamburger), Signal Iduna (Dortmund), Ford (FC Koln), the pharmaceutical company Bayer (Bayer Leverkusen) etc.

English clubs come second and in spite of their huge debts, they can cover their debts in the following years. Being part of richest league that attracts many sponsors and investors that wouldn't be a problem for them. Newcastle is the only exception though, they are in deep waters indeed. Chelsea could be in trouble too, if uncle Roman decided that he's bored and retire from football. But even then there are plenty of rich men in the Middle and the Far East who are ready to take over these clubs.

Spanish clubs are in financial crisis indeed, apart from Real Madrid and Fc Barcelona, the only well run clubs are Villarreal and Sevilla. And maybe Santander. I don't know what is the solution, going public maybe? Or finding rich investors? Betis could be sold to a rich businessman from the Emirates I heard, which would be great for La Liga.
Will see.

Guard, thank you for that. Didnt realise how strong the foundations are for German clubs. Its good as english clubs spend way out of their means and spanish clubs do the same to keep up. In the midst of it all, I hear about how sensible all german clubs are and I like that

W

whip1879

Newcastle should have fallen from their perch a little bit, I don't get whats so valuable about them, they haven't won a trophy in 60 years.

House of Flies

Newcastle should have fallen from their perch a little bit, I don't get whats so valuable about them, they haven't won a trophy in 60 years.

they probably fell off this scale since they are relegated... sunderland should have them beat.

Home of Barca Fans