World most valuable clubs

Hassan TPAH

Newcastle should have fallen from their perch a little bit, I don't get whats so valuable about them, they haven't won a trophy in 60 years.

40 to be precise...
and whats so special is the fact that sky made them marketable in the 90s cuz they were promoted and the sky guys promoted the club as having the "best fans in the world" and well... that rubbed off on everyone else...

B

blueduck

forbes.png

Looking at the EPL clubs, they are really quite huge on digging a grave for themselves...

http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/the-worlds-25-most-valuable-teams.html

So there's only two spainish teams in the top 25? EPL is the best in terms of depth and wealth.

B

beautifulgame

Wow, I'm quite surprised by the numbers of A.C. Milan. They are number sixth in value and also have the debt value of 0.

V

Valon

oh yeh absolutely... 2 months old!

It's still old. Milan were suppossed to be in huge debt according to media all over the world and the list doesn't say so. Plus I highly doubt that Arsenal is in more debt than Manure and Chelski. Personally I don't believe in that list although it may be correct for most clubs it's obvious it's not for some clubs.

Plus diegomessi said that Milan is not in debt now that they sold Kaka, I was just implying to him that the list was made when they still had Kaka.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
It's still old. Milan were suppossed to be in huge debt according to media all over the world and the list doesn't say so. Plus I highly doubt that Arsenal is in more debt than Manure and Chelski. Personally I don't believe in that list although it may be correct for most clubs it's obvious it's not for some clubs.

Plus diegomessi said that Milan is not in debt now that they sold Kaka, I was just implying to him that the list was made when they still had Kaka.

of course, the data is from 3rd quarter 2008. this is published by deloitte who are pretty much well renowned in their accounting services. arsenal does have a huge debt thats why wenger does not like to spend money. milan on the other hand hasnt bought anyone big in a couple of years.

milan's situation went worse due to lost revenue from champions league in 08-09. and berlusconi siphoning milan's money for his other ventures.

TheMessiShow

The debt are in percentages though. So Arsenal would have the highest debt followed by Man U?
What would be included in operating costs? Would that be just the players/staff wages and stadium/pitch maintanance?
Match fixing and that sort of stuff?

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
The debt are in percentages though. So Arsenal would have the highest debt followed by Man U?
What would be included in operating costs? Would that be just the players/staff wages and stadium/pitch maintanance?
Match fixing and that sort of stuff?

yes sir, as well as transfers (future or unpaid).

TheMessiShow

oh okay. and i just realized it said operating income not cost
silly me

When are we looking to reach 0 debt?
2 seasons... assume that we spend what we need this transfer window

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans