Colombia

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Colombia_football_association.png

These guys are good.

Paganinisrvnge

Colombia hasn't been good for almost 20 years but there seems to be a great generation of players right now with Falcao, James Rodriguez, Freddy Guarin, Jackson Martinez, Juan Camilo Zuñiga, etc. playing in Europe. Colombians should all thank Porto for taking in interest in Colombian players and developing them. I'll be shocked if Colombia don't qualify for the world cup.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I think they're a top 10 squad in International Football right now. I too would be very surprised if they didn't qualify for the World Cup this time around.

Juan03

U20 South American champions. :D hard to believe Argentina and Brazil wont be in the WC this summer.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
What U20 Colombian players are worth keeping an eye on? My fake South American scouting expertise isn't as strong outside of the southern cone. :lol:

Juan03

What U20 Colombian players are worth keeping an eye on? My fake South American scouting expertise isn't as strong outside of the southern cone. :lol:

Didn't have the chance to watch much of it but from the bits that I did watch, Juan Fernando Quintero #10 plays really really good. He got tired of setting up goals and showed some real skill on the ball, I even heard the comentarists call him a "crack". He plays in Pescara, Italy.

DucdeOrléans

That last goal :worthy: oh my

Really impressed by this Colombian side. Without jinxing too much in advance then you look more or less dead certain to qualify for the World Cup. I can't see why Colombia could not become another "Uruguay 2010" this upcoming World Cup. The talent pool is very impressive and players like Falcao, Martínez, Rodríguez, Guarín etc. can cause damage to anyone. The defense looks a bit suspicious though likewise the goalkeeper position contrary to Uruguay in the last World Cup.

I for once will keep a good eye for the Colombians next summer.:)

EDIT: Not to forget Luis Muriel who has impressed me - at least when playing for Udinese.

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned
I love how we finally have some decent squad depth.

SXI vs Bolivia:

--------------Ospina
--Cuadrado--Valdes--Yepes--Zuniga
--Valencia--Aguilar--Macnelly--Rodriguez
-----------Falcao---Teo

Quality players like Guarin, Armero, Zapata, Sanchez, Martinez, and Muriel (+ talents like Quintero coming up) didn't even start.

Home of Barca Fans