FIFA Ballon d'Or 2012 winner?

Who should win the 2012 FIFA Ballon d'Or award?

• Andrea Pirlo

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Karim Benzema

• Xavi Hernandez

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Sergio Busquets

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Iker Casillas

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Didier Drogba

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Radamel Falcao

• Zlatan Ibrahimovic

• Andres Iniesta

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Leo Messi

Votes: 98 70.0%
  • Mesut Ozil

• Wayne Rooney

• Robin van Persie

• Total voters

Alik

Should be able to vote for more than one player. Otherwise considering where this poll is, Messi will win by a landslide.

X

xaviniesta

I hope Pirlo wins it. Messi won it three times already and will probably have more than twice that number before his career is through. Pirlo had one hell of a season, and at an age most people thought he would decline.

welcome to xavi's world...

Paganinisrvnge

1. Messi - How can he NOT win this award? The award is for best individual player and he had the single greatest individual season in football history. It shouldn't matter that he only won Copa del Rey in 2012. He dragged Barcelona to the CL semis and to stay competitive with Madrid in the league even though there was not one single consistent goalscorer in the team besides him due to injuries or poor form. He has also significantly stepped up his play for Argentina and has lead Barcelona to 28 points out of 29 in La Liga so far.

2. Ronaldo - Definitely deserves 2nd and would have won if Madrid won the CL or he won the Euros. Definitely if he had own both. I would probably have put Pirlo at 2nd if he had won the Euros, though. The fact that Ronaldo won La Liga and made the Euro semis doesn't close the gap enough with Messi's season for him to win. He didn't even have as good a Euros as some people make it seem. Portugal got to the semis because the Netherlands were awful and they played the Czech Republic in the quarters. Madrid fans wanted Ronaldo to win the last won because he scored more goals in La Liga but he and Messi both scored 53 while Messi won La Liga AND the Champions League. IMO, 73 goals +singlehandedly taking Barça the CL semis + Copa del rey > 60 goals + La Liga + CL semis + Supercup + Euros semis.

3. Iniesta/Pirlo - I can't separate these two. They both deserve to be in the top 3. Iniesta was important in getting Barcelona as far as they got without any goalscorers besides Messi and was the key man in Spain's Euro win. Pirlo led Juventus to a an unbeaten Serie A title and was a genius at the Euros. However, it hurts him that he didn't win the Euros and that Juventus didn't even get to play in the Champions League. Their CL campaign so far this season hasn't been spectacular, either.

Alik

You could put this on a real forum or goal. com and Leo would still win.

goal. com loves Ronaldo, and he constantly wins polls over Messi. I'd expect the same in a Madrid forum. Look at this poll, people are saying Drogba, Falcao, Busquets, Xavi, and Iniesta should win over Ronaldo. It's natural to be biased.

I was just hoping it wouldn't be so.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
goal. com loves Ronaldo, and he constantly wins polls over Messi. I'd expect the same in a Madrid forum. Look at this poll, people are saying Drogba, Falcao, Busquets, Xavi, and Iniesta should win over Ronaldo. It's natural to be biased.

I was just hoping it wouldn't be so.

I lost hope long ago :lol:

Pepe Silvia

I hope Pirlo wins it. Messi won it three times already and will probably have more than twice that number before his career is through. Pirlo had one hell of a season, and at an age most people thought he would decline.
It's never guaranteed that a player will win the following year though. Pirlo did not have as good a season as Messi simple as. In all fairness though, no one else did.

desoe

That's how the coach of Bulgaria Luboslav Penev voted:

1. Iniesta
2. Messi
3. Falcao

No CR7 in his list, I approve this :D

He told his list to the bulgarian press. I think he included Falcao because he's ex-Atletico player

Home of Barca Fans