Real Betis

BarçaBarça

Pau Lopez apparently has an offer from them (he is free in the summer). I really hope he doesn't go - I like Betis, and don't want them to get such an unsympathetic player :(

Messi983

It's true he's already 24 but this kid seems like a real deal. I've read some comparisions with Jamie Vardy who was also a late bloomer and didn't play top level football until he was in his mid-twenties.

[tw]973314092030193665[/tw]

Pau Lopez apparently has an offer from them (he is free in the summer). I really hope he doesn't go - I like Betis, and don't want them to get such an unsympathetic player :(

Apparently Pau has already signed with Betis until 2023. As much as I don't like his personality he's a quality GK and also better than Adan with his feets which is important for Quique Setien's system.

Most media confirmed yesterday that Betis will also sign Takashi Inui from Eibar on a free transfer. I think he'll fit them well. And they are apparently also after Inui's current team mate Dani Garcia, Sergio Canales from Sociedad and Porto CBs pair Diego Reyes and Ivan Marcano whose contracts also expires in summer though all will also have other clubs interested so it will be tough for Betis to get them. It would be really great business for Serra Ferrer if he could sign 3-4 or possibly more proven La Liga players on free transfers.

I've also read rumours Betis wants Casillas as well but I doubt he'll come back to La Liga.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Sevilla is a great city and Betis have good set of fans. Now as they are feeling optimistic in the league and for the future, they should be able to attract even better players.

Game against Alaves looked very boring in the beginning so I tuned out. Sadly, missed the 4 goals.

Messi983

6 consecutive wins and 474 minutes without conceding for Betis. Will be interesting to see if they can continue one or both streaks at Wanda Metropolitano on Sunday.

[tw]987079887608565760[/tw]

[tw]987105282735173633[/tw]

serghei

Setien has done wonders with Las Palmas last season, and he's doing even more now with Betis. While playing super interesting entertaining football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only a question of time before Setien gets a bigger job. Perhaps Arsenal should take a look at him. Although I hope he stays in Spain. Looking forward to see them in EL next season.

[tw]991058635219402752[/tw]

Last edited:

Messi983

I'm looking now, Betis can actually still qualify for the CL. It will be tough but it's possible. Valencia have 8 points advantage over them with 3 games left and a better h2h so they just need one more point to secure 4th position.

Athletic-Betis
Betis-Sevilla
Leganes-Betis

Not an easy schedule but they are in good form and could win all three games.

Villarreal-Valencia
Girona-Valencia
Valencia-Deportivo

Valencia were not at their best recently and have two tough away games next but I think they should get that needed point against Deportivo if they won't get it before.

Messi983

Pau Lopez also officially confirmed by Betis and they will apparently sell Adan to Atletico.

[tw]1014559246443270144[/tw]

FC433

Great work. Hope we could loan some of our players, Mina, Cucu, Samper or Munir. I would absolutely love to see Munir there.

Messi983

I don't think they are interested in anyone of them. Maybe Mina but they currently don't have an open non-EU spot though it's likely that Narvaez will leave. They also already have 3 good CBs in Bartra, Mandi and Feddal so their possible interest in Mina or another CB really depends on if Setien plans to play with 3 at the back as his primary formation.

They have their own kid Junior Firpo at LB and are looking for someone more experienced to rotate with him so I doubt they are interested in Cucu.

Samper - they are apparently close to sign W. Carvalho and were linked to many other more established midfielders so I doubt Samper is on their shortlist. Maybe if we would sell him for cheap but a loan probably doesn't interest them.

Munir - already have 4 forwards and even with R. Castro very likely to leave I think they'll just stay with Loren, Sanabria and Leon unless Roma decides to execute their buy back option on Sanabria which doesn't seem likely right now.

FC433

I do not think Sanabira is going anyhwere, he was not anything special last season. That is unfortunate, I would love to see some of our players being coahced by Quique Setién.

Home of Barca Fans