Real Betis

Messi983

Sanabria has scored 7 goals in 12 games at the start of last season before knee injury has sidelined him for 5 months.

Joan

They are apparently after Carvalho from Sporting for 20m. Should be their second biggest transfer after Denilson for 30. He's supposed to be their Fabian Ruiz replacement. Imo, although I like Ruiz, it will be a step forward. He'll improve their defensive end. Stronger, bigger... proper workhorse, yet techical enough.

Brilliant transfer. Looking forward to their season.

Messi983

Don't think Carvalho would be a direct replacement for Fabian.

They are also after Jonny Castro who could be another solid signing as he can cover both FB positions.

Messi983

They are looking for a LB as well. As I mentioned a few days ago they are targetting Jonny Castro who can play both RB and LB. And I think they will bring another offensive midfielder/winger (they have some flexibility on these positions because of versatility of players like Canales and Boudebouz) and probably CM as well if they'll sell Camarasa. They can probably afford to spend around 20-30M more on those new players. Serra Ferrer and Setien have really turned around this team quickly.

FC433

I hope they make smart moves and target talents to invest in them. They have decent starting 11 to compete.

Castro is an excellent choice, and they did well with Pau López. I wish they went for Pablo Maffeo. He was bought only for 9m. They need a couple of U23s if they want to have an ambitious project with Setién. Buy for 5m to 25m and sell for 50m + a couple of times.

I would personally try to invest in any of these: Oyarzabal "not easy to get," Sandro Ramírez, Allan Saint-Maximin or Malang Sarr.

Mikel Merino would have been a great signing.

I am already in love with this team and more so with my favourite Setien. I wish I have money to buy this wonderful club hahah

FC433

^ A bit too good for a bench and not good enough to be a starter. We will have another Lucas D situation. I would rather give Cucu a chance.

Joan

^ A bit too good for a bench and not good enough to be a starter. We will have another Lucas D situation. I would rather give Cucu a chance.

Was just saying he's a quality signing. That said, if we are to promote Roberto to the midfield, and Digne leaves, he'd be the perfect option and would still play enough.

Messi983

15315580157774.jpg

15315580155332.jpg

Messi983

Betis will play a friendly against Marseille in around 30 minutes. Interesting to see how "our" Kaptoum will do alongside players that will start a lot of games for Betis this season. He was quite good in both preseason games I've watched and looks like Setien likes him too.

Di-BNSPXgAQmzDk.jpg

Joan

Betis will play a friendly against Marseille in around 30 minutes. Interesting to see how "our" Kaptoum will do alongside players that will start a lot of games for Betis this season. He was quite good in both preseason games I've watched and looks like Setien likes him too.

Di-BNSPXgAQmzDk.jpg
Did you manage to catch the game? How did he do?

Home of Barca Fans