Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Real Betis Balompié

Villarato!
    Was obviously going to be him before I even clicked the link

He's Shaq of La Liga. Needs his own show when he retires.
    People are boring.

Not the first time he crossdresses either

Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Not the first time he crossdresses either
    The new De La Hoya?

Well, I hope Joaquin won't go as far, lol. Don't give him stupid ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    The new De La Hoya?

Dude I'm at work

lol, he really has too much time these days. What a man. I would love to meet him some day.

https://videos.marca.com/v/0_1kvprh7...n-mucho-agobio

Real Betis have dismissed head coach Rubi following the team's 1-0 defeat to Athletic Club at San Mames.

Betis have installed sporting coordinator Alexis Trujillo as the head coach for the remainder of the season.

One win in last 11 games, against RM.

Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Real Betis have dismissed head coach Rubi following the team's 1-0 defeat to Athletic Club at San Mames.

Betis have installed sporting coordinator Alexis Trujillo as the head coach for the remainder of the season.

One win in last 11 games, against RM.
    Very long overdue. They've looked like shit since Setien left. Still don't fully understand why they sacked him.
    Laugh , smile or cry

Jugadorazo till I die

- catalinutzR80 2014

They were pretty underwhelming in second season under Setien.

Manuel Pellegrini will apparently be confirmed as a new Betis coach as soon as they will mathematically guarantee their stay in La Liga for next season.

Together with him is coming Antonio Cordon as their new SD. He had an important role in assembling that great Monaco team a few years ago and previously spent 17 years in various roles (scout, DOF, SD) at Villarreal where he also worked together with Pellegrini during their golden years.

We'll see how Cordon will do but it looks like a good choice to me. They've invested a lot of money in new players in recent years but the results were not exactly as expected so they'll probably need to rebuild, especially the defensive side of the team with most of their CBs underperforming (they've conceded 2nd most goals in the league). Godin and Musacchio are amongst a number of solid players Cordon has discovered in South America so that's a good sign he might find a good cheap defender or two for Betis as well. They also need a backup for Emerson (if we won't take him back) and a possible upgrade over Alex Moreno at both FB positions.

Further, they are apparently negotiating a transfer of William Carvalho to Leicester. His role in the team has diminished this season after injury problems and with Guardado turning 34 they'll need a younger midfielder or two to pair with Guido Rodriguez.

I think they have good players in attacking positions with Iglesias, Loren, Canales, Fekir, Lainez, Tello and Joaquin (despite his age he doesn't seem to slow down too much). Juanmi has played well for Sociedad too in the past years but has struggled to stay fit this season. So probably not much changes needed there if they won't sell Fekir.