Edin Dzeko

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
TBH It doesn't matter where players dream of nowadays. Gomez wants to play in Spain but he wouldn't turn down Italy, same with Dzeko, his wish for Italy doesn't discount us at all. Players end up all over the place and you can't give up on a player just because he dreams of playing in a different league. Luka Modric dreams of playing in Spain yet he went to England. Cristiano Ronaldo dreams of Spain yet remains at Man Utd.

it doesn't discount him, no.

but it does mean that if he has a good season with us and ac milan or juve come sniffing around he'll be more inclined to say "thanks guys, now lemme go to italy!" whereas gomez, if he joined us, would consider himself as high as he can go. and given he's turned down big money moves already, he's not motivated by finance, so would have no reason to want to leave.

I'm just saying. our current main striker isn't at his dream club. if we're gonna replace him with an import I'd like to be someone who would consider barca to be home.

Warik

I don't think so really. Players rarely go to big clubs thinking of them as a home, yet they grow into it. We have more to offer players than Milan and Juve do currently, we play in a better league against better opposition and especially strikers as with the amount of chances we create we are most strikers wet dream. IMO if we went in for him he would find it incredibly difficult to turn us down.

Guardian

Dzeko is really impressive this season. I hope he wouldn't turn out to be a big fish in small pond, it seems he has got everything to be a perfect striker. Unfortunately Wolfsburg are rich and they won't allow him to move for less than 20-25 M.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
25 goals for Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga this season. But not as good as his partner Grafite who has 26.

reiniksrobis

Munichmaniac
How much penalties have Grafite and how much goals Dzeko scored from the spot? Grafite is Wolfsburg's #1 penalty taker that's why he has more goals!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
How much penalties have Grafite and how much goals Dzeko scored from the spot? Grafite is Wolfsburg's #1 penalty taker that's why he has more goals!
Sorry didn't know I have not seen too many games of Wolfsburg this season but have Dzeko he is brilliant and has been linked with Chelsea.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Hm.. Grafite played less matches than Dzeko due to his injury. To be exact he played in 25 matches only as opposed to 32 of Dzeko ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Edin Dzeko was named the best Bundesliga player in 2008-2009.

I guess Bayern or Arsenal need to buy him first before Txiki notices this guy.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
what is it with you guys? he plays well and scores a lot in the bundesliga so you assume he'd fit in fine at barca? there's a lot of factors to consider before signing a player from abroad.

firstly he's bosnian, so who knows how he'd settle in barcelona. would he have language problems? does he have a family? how happy are they in germany? he's 23 and this is his first season of note, can he repeat the trick or is he a one-season wonder ala kevin phillips? would he work in a 433? fuck, do wolfsburg even want to sell? they just won the bundesliga!

and then there's the crunch factor for me that he's said he dreams of playing in italy, particularly at juve or milan. this immediately puts us at a disadvantage if we sign him because we already know he dreams of being somewhere else.

with all that taken into consideration, it's much more likely that we'll sign someone we are more sure of.

beef-supreme

what is it with you guys? he plays well and scores a lot in the bundesliga so you assume he'd fit in fine at barca? there's a lot of factors to consider before signing a player from abroad.

firstly he's bosnian, so who knows how he'd settle in barcelona. would he have language problems? does he have a family? how happy are they in germany? he's 23 and this is his first season of note, can he repeat the trick or is he a one-season wonder ala kevin phillips? would he work in a 433? fuck, do wolfsburg even want to sell? they just won the bundesliga!

and then there's the crunch factor for me that he's said he dreams of playing in italy, particularly at juve or milan. this immediately puts us at a disadvantage if we sign him because we already know he dreams of being somewhere else.

with all that taken into consideration, it's much more likely that we'll sign someone we are more sure of.

Luca Toni :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Yes Meta you're 100% right there.

JALJM

I'm yet to be convinced by him myself, but i think those who want him also like his technique, finishing and aerial ability.
And to get a sure thing usually costs more. So it's always nice to pick somebody out right before they're a sure thing...of course we need people who can properly evaluate talent to do that...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Like Benzema perhaps? I`m not saying he`s a perfect option but he`s miles ahead of Benzema who pops up in every other Barca rumor. I`d just like to see us connected with quality players that aren`t playing for the usual suspect teams.There is no perfect striker on the market atm. and we should expand our search, thats all.

Home of Barca Fans