Edin Dzeko

beef-supreme

^That, plus Alves isn't that accurate with his crosses, he just has great curl which is sometimes perfectly sweet (this is a good thing), it's mainly the frequency of his crosses that give him a lot of assists, so yeah, 2/10 seems about accurate.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe it's just asking too much of our right full back. He has more assists than Xavi and Iniesta.

V

Valon

It has to do with our attackers not having aerial abilities IMO. Pretty sure he had a better rate when he was at Sevilla as he had Freddy there.

beef-supreme

It has to do with our attackers not having aerial abilities IMO. Pretty sure he had a better rate when he was at Sevilla as he had Freddy there.

This is true, both Eto'o and Zlatan have been rubbish at making use of Dani. But be honest, how many times do Danis crosses fly out? A lot of the time. He strikes free kicks in an equally inconsistent manner. His main asset is his incredible speed and work rate - of course i'm fine with that, but all I intend to say is that Dzeko wouldn't just fit seamlessly into our system without a major overhaul that isn't going to happen anyway.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Can't believe I'm agreeing with you Zanela... Dzeko would surely be a good striker for our system. But what do you suggest of doing with Ibra!? What about when Dzeko hasn't provided the goods immediately!? He'd take an year or more as well!!

Last edited:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I still believe Dzeko would make an excellent addition to the squad, for both the left wing and as backup center striker. But that would really question Bojans position. So if you get Dzeko, you really have to deal with that problem imo.

zanela

Can't believe I'm agreeing with you Zanela... Dzeko would surely be a good striker for our system. But what do you suggest of doing with Ibra!? What about when Dzeko hasn't provided the goods immediately!? He'd take an year or more as well!!

You think the swede 'll be here beyond 2 seasons? We could use funds from his sale to buy the Bosnian. Like i've previously said the boy has all qualities to make it here. So i doubt he'll take much time to adapt and even if he doesn't, the fact that he won't come with a 'superstar' tag means ppl 'll be more patient with him.

I still believe Dzeko would make an excellent addition to the squad, for both the left wing and as backup center striker. But that would really question Bojans position. So if you get Dzeko, you really have to deal with that problem imo.

I thought u were a culé.

Last edited:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
oh i see. 'You' wasnt meant to be the personal pronoun (is that the correct grammatical term?) here. Altertnatively read: 'So if one gets Dzeko, one really has to deal with that problem imo'. Get it? :)

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Hm, where did you get that information? I would surely expect that title to be given to Robben. Everything else would make no sense.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wouldn't be surprised to see Bayern make an offer for him as well or offer player exchanges in the deal to wolfsburg.

Home of Barca Fans