Celtic - Barcelona

Andreas E

Has anybody seen any information regarding meeting-area in Glasgow?

I know that we won´t be to many Cules in Glasgow, probably less than 1000 but anyway.
I have never been to Scotland, maybe anyone could recommend a good pub or something else that i can´t miss on my first visit.

Hope we will get a friendly welcome!

Last edited:

richiebhoy1888

Barca fans will absolutely get a fantastically warm welcome from the Celtic fans. Pub wise if it's a traditional Celtic pub your looking for then head for the Gallowgate. There are around half a dozen Celtic bars in a very small area next to the Barras, it's only around a mile and a half or so from the stadium. If you fancy somewhere closer to Celtic Park there are about 3 or 4 bars right next to the ground,not Celtic pubs as such ,but on match days they will be rammed with Celtic fans. Also about a quarter of a mile from Celtic Pk on London Rd there is the Celtic supporters Association social club,I'm pretty sure Barca fans would be allowed in there with open arms. Loads of decent bars in the city centre.

Tembbi

Really? Are football fans in Scotland that nice, even on a match day? In England we're treated like shit. :)
It wasn't my best time wandering around pubs in London before the Barca - ManU final in a Barca shirt.

Galning

Really? Are football fans in Scotland that nice, even on a match day? In England we're treated like shit. :)
It wasn't my best time wandering around pubs in London before the Barca - ManU final in a Barca shirt.

There's your answer. It's London :p

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
2rf8r2r.jpg

richiebhoy1888

Depends on the fans?? Barca fans welcomed Celtic fans,so that would reciprocated . Because of the similarities in the background of both clubs within their respective countries ,i think Celtic fans have an empathy with Barca fans which seems to work the other way around as well. I don't think Real Madrid fans would be welcomed Atletico certainly weren't neither were Rapid Vienna or Hamburg. Liverpool fans were warmly welcomed as were Benfica...etc etc So some welcome some not so welcome. Bur Barca fans most definately.Trust me if you go into a Celtic bar on the Gallowgate especially you will be VERY warmly welcomed.

Andreas E

Got my ticket with TNT express yesterday, special delivery to the door.. :lol:

Anybody know which hotel (if they stay) Barcelona will stay at?

Badger

AS Celtic welcome FC Barcelona to town next week, the club is keen to ensure that supporters of both teams can enjoy this momentous occasion.

Celtic are delighted to be back at Europe’s top table. This will be a football fiesta like no other and supporters will be able to see that the wonderful relationship between Celtic and Barca is celebrated.

Therefore, on the day of the match, next Wednesday, November 7, a Fanzone, bringing Celtic and Barcelona fans together to enjoy this great occasion will be set up at Merchant Square in the Merchant City.

The city of Barcelona always welcomes Celtic and our supporters so warmly and it is right that we should offer our good friends the same hospitality.

We are sure the Fanzone will be very popular with supporters of both clubs and we look forward to everyone who attends enjoying the venue, enjoying the city and enjoying the famous Celtic welcome.

The venue will provide an opportunity for fans to gather and meet and there will be music and entertainment on offer to supporters.

Further timing details will be announced in due course.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=3275

Sounds good.

Last edited:

Andreas E

Barcelona will be leaving Scotland @ 13.45 on Thursday.
My flight leaves Scotland @ 15.35 on Thursday..

I would think it would be a little bit chaotic on the airport..

And as i asked before, which hotel does away teams usually use in Glasgow?

Last edited:

richiebhoy1888

Away teams when in Glasgow don't seem to have the same preferences. A lot of different hotels have been used in the past, and a fair few have been outside Glasgow. One well used possibility could be the Cameron House Hotel on the banks of Loch Lomand which is around 30 miles outside Glasgow.

Andreas E

Away teams when in Glasgow don't seem to have the same preferences. A lot of different hotels have been used in the past, and a fair few have been outside Glasgow. One well used possibility could be the Cameron House Hotel on the banks of Loch Lomand which is around 30 miles outside Glasgow.

I saw that hotel earlier today, still bookable (if you want) so i guess Barcelona will NOT be staying here cause they always seem to book the entire hotel..
My hotel is "not bookable" any more.. maybe Barca stays there, who knows? :party1:

richiebhoy1888

I saw that hotel earlier today, still bookable (if you want) so i guess Barcelona will NOT be staying here cause they always seem to book the entire hotel..
My hotel is "not bookable" any more.. maybe Barca stays there, who knows? :party1:
which hotel are you staying in???

Barca8

I've been to Scotland many times and Scots are some of the most welcoming and friendliest people you'll meet. Glasgow has it's rough areas but those aren't near the stadium so you should be fine. Safe travels to all attending the match!
Força Barça!

Home of Barca Fans