Daniel Alves

Egert

Estonian Culé
Dani Alves on Diego Maradona: "With all due respect to him, it wouldn't be a pride for me to say that I won WC with a hand goal. Maradona deceived everyone, he became famous for it. I respect Maradona, but for me, as a sportsman, I wouldn't set that example for young people."

https://streamable.com/lzfp2

BarcaOG

Banned
Dani Alves on Diego Maradona: "With all due respect to him, it wouldn't be a pride for me to say that I won WC with a hand goal. Maradona deceived everyone, he became famous for it. I respect Maradona, but for me, as a sportsman, I wouldn't set that example for young people."

https://streamable.com/lzfp2

I mean, he's right, but it was also such a legendary moment in the sport's history. It's a tough call.

Arkk

i really miss this man, has such character. seems hes heading for a reunion with Pep at City.

always a barca legend

impeh

Hi, its me..
[MENTION=3186]DaniAlves[/MENTION]D2 leaves [MENTION=20070]Juve[/MENTION]ntusfc after they agree to terminate his contract.

guess it wont be long before he signs for city, he seemed strangely eager to leave Juve

khaled_a_d

Hes joining PSG now instead of city. Who said they couldnt sign top players after this Verratti saga lol

PSG will always be able to sign players. but there will be always players out of their reach.
They won't get Mbappé & Dembele type of players. Those who are aiming big and know they can get. They know if they go to PSG then that's it,they won't leave unless they aren't good anymore. Why they would do it while they can join Barca/RM/Manu? While getting same money and being more recognized?
But those are few,desirable but few. At the end every strategy has its own drawbacks and I think PSG won't mind this one.

JamDav1982

Alves is 34 and looking for his last big contract and probably looking at France as slightly easier league to play in at this stage.

Watched him quite a few times last season and didnt think he looked the player he used to be for most part. Had some great moments in the CL though before the final where he looked his age again I thought.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
[tw]884193226613293060[/tw]

Denied all of Barto's bullshit. The ratface is a liar and a schemer and I love Dani for putting him in his place.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like an odd and trivial thing to lie about and knowing other side could easily expose you. Strange.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sounds like an odd and trivial thing to lie about and knowing other side could easily expose you. Strange.

Not when you know you can get away with it.

MD are barely reporting it. They're also barely reporting Benedito's plans of a motion of no confidence. The elder socis won't go on twitter like the rest to see what Alves said. They live a simple, comfortable life which includes reading MD and Sport for news about Barca, and to get the full picture they need those two papers to remain neutral and truthful, which they very obviously aren't.

Sad state of affairs when even the two biggest sports papers' loyalties lies beyond the best for the club, but I guess this is what modern mediahouses have resorted to these days.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans