Daniel Alves

JamDav1982

No money can buy the chemistry Alves had with Messi on the field! Can't believe the board let him leave!:cussing:

Alves is not the player he was though and Barca could not have too many players getting old at the same time.

The real failure was not replacing him properly.

Total-Football

i disagree .. Again it's the notion of building a team, Juventus saw in him what they need and it worked, what we need in return, is something different than what a 34 years old Alves can bring and that showed in his last days .. Here a right back is not gonna work if he's too static and not explosive. I cherish alves and his great spell, but this loss don't mean anything to me. What it sparks in my mind is the recruitment of Vidal who was - and still- piss poor.

gasgas

i disagree .. Again it's the notion of building a team, Juventus saw in him what they need and it worked, what we need in return, is something different than what a 34 years old Alves can bring and that showed in his last days .. Here a right back is not gonna work if he's too static and not explosive. I cherish alves and his great spell, but this loss don't mean anything to me. What it sparks in my mind is the recruitment of Vidal who was - and still- piss poor.

And Roberto/ Mascherano/ vidalcan bring that more than a 34 year old Alves?

Total-Football

And Roberto/ Mascherano/ vidalcan bring that more than a 34 year old Alves?

I stressed on the profile and i stressed on how much Alves can be useful to Juventus.

Maschrano is a CB, but had Mascherano been a fullback then i would have said the same thing about him. Fullbacks in Barcelona do not defend as they do in teams like Juventus ( how many times have you seen Alves in our final third today ? ) , Alves would look like shit if he was playing for us now.

gasgas

I stressed on the profile and i stressed on how much Alves can be useful to Juventus.

Maschrano is a CB, but had Mascherano been a fullback then i would have said the same thing about him. Fullbacks in Barcelona do not defend as they do in teams like Juventus ( how many times have you seen Alves in our final third today ? ) , Alves would look like shit if he was playing for us now.

:amazed:

Home of Barca Fans