Daniel Alves

I

instinct

He said he won't wait until the elections. The club made a final offer and he didn't accept it. He's gone unless a miracle happens.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's reportedly in negotiations with AC Milan and has asked for a 6m salary(net)

In that case he'll earn less there than he would with us.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He is gone. Maybe it is the right moment to move on. If Dani does not want to accept a 1 year contract, the board will have to let him go which is the right decision considering his age.
There is of course nothing else to do than thank Dani for everything he has done for this club. He is a legend for sure and will always be remembered.

JamDav1982

He is gone. Maybe it is the right moment to move on. If Dani does not want to accept a 1 year contract, the board will have to let him go which is the right decision considering his age.
There is of course nothing else to do than thank Dani for everything he has done for this club. He is a legend for sure and will always be remembered.

It is two years plus optional extra year he has been offered.

Stric

If he wants to go, now is a good time, to be honest. Same as with Xavi. We're going to have to move on and find his replacement at some point, it might as well be now, after a treble. If he leaves now, he'll be remembered as a champion.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If he wants to go, now is a good time, to be honest. Same as with Xavi. We're going to have to move on and find his replacement at some point, it might as well be now, after a treble. If he leaves now, he'll be remembered as a champion.

Maybe you're right, but I'll still miss him :( He's brought so much joy to our club, it's enough to just look at him and a smile grows inside of me. Well, if this is goodbye than so be it. I'm grateful for his time and wish him the best :alveshat:

raskolnikov

Dani would be a great back up to have with Vidal, they can even play as often from january on. Alves should stay, he obviously loves Barca and is happy here, is our best rb in history and makes good money. Just ease on out and eventually retire here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Seriously if he joins Milan for less money than he is on right now and what we've offered him then it's got to do something with the club/board/or certain board members, directors

Kohe321

Seriously if he joins Milan for less money than he is on right now and what we've offered him then it's got to do something with the club/board/or certain board members, directors

Exactly, he has said many times how he loves Barcelona and would like to stay here. I mean come, the speech tonight where he got teary-eyed proves how much he loves it here. As you say, if he goes elsewhere under a worse contract than what he could get here, uprooting his children from their home and leaving his friends in the process, then it has got to do with the board and directors.

Which is why I'm still hopefull that things might change between him and the club if a new president comes in. I know he said he wouldn't wait, but that could easily just be contractual leverage talk.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He is free to go if he doesn't feel right to continue here anymore. He has given a lot to the club and I'm grateful for it.

Interlop

I cried during his speech. He's the best right back in club's history. A big legend, a true CULE and I don't think it is the right thing to let him go.

Here we go with all the experts saying what he turned down and what Milan are paying him .
The fact is nobody knows any of these figures so just make up shit .
Alves has been a superb player in the past but the last couple of years he's been terrible and amazingly only recently started to play a bit , wonder why ?
Greed has took over and his time is done at Barca , move him on .

Home of Barca Fans