Daniel Alves

BarcaGirl

I feel bringing back Alves was a mistake AS he keeps on making mistakes. He brings the slack casual-ness which rubs off on all the others. With Montoya or Adriano it is just a case of keep ball. Alves tries to be elegant.

Barcelona were looking in complete CONTROL of matches without him in the 1st half of the season. Not anymore. The last few matches are bringing back memories of last season.

:lol: are you serious?? Dani was one of our best players in the last few games, and he's slowly getting back to his best.

D

damunk

:lol: are you serious?? Dani was one of our best players in the last few games, and he's slowly getting back to his best.

Of course I am serious. How do you feel when he was out of the team in the 1st half of the season. Did you miss him? I think you would have missed the flair play but no matter the assists a "right back/winger" makes, you can't just keep jumping over/ or evading shots when defending.

You can say he's contributed to a good few goals & opportunities in the last 5 games but just as many goal conceding mistakes.

I rather have a Montoya who keeps a good shape at the back and let Alba bomb on.
There is enough fire power in the team for "assisting".

I hope sooner rather than later Montoya gets another chance and you will probably NOT notice him in the match and that's what I feel this attacking team needs.

With Alves (this & last season) , it's assists, defensive errors, dives, getting into fights with the ref (i.e waving his arm about), conceding many fouls, few good goals here and there.

With Montoya he does not bring much baggage with him. Even Adriano was better for me this season.

D

damunk

So it's 19 wins, 2 draws & a loss

Okay well let's talk about the points dropped.

Barcelona 2-2 Real Madrid: Alves just gives in on attempt of a shot by C. Ronaldo leading to a goal.

Real Sociedad 3-2: This was unforgivable at the time 2-0 up on 44th minutes. Alves in exact same position gives up on a shot, leads to a goal. Talk about learning from your mistakes. This player won't. He thinks he is the bees knees.

Barcelona 1-1 Valencia: Jumps over a shot , leads to goal.

Is this a coincidence that any time that points have lost. He is in the team and directly involved in the downfall.

Indignado

So it's 19 wins, 2 draws & a loss

Okay well let's talk about the points dropped.

Barcelona 2-2 Real Madrid: Alves just gives in on attempt of a shot by C. Ronaldo leading to a goal.

Real Sociedad 3-2: This was unforgivable at the time 2-0 up on 44th minutes. Alves in exact same position gives up on a shot, leads to a goal. Talk about learning from your mistakes. This player won't. He thinks he is the bees knees.

Barcelona 1-1 Valencia: Jumps over a shot , leads to goal.

Is this a coincidence that any time that points have lost. He is in the team and directly involved in the downfall.

In the 2 or 3 games before today's match, he was pretty good and even solid defensively. I do agree with you that Montoya will replace him in 2014-2015 at the latest, though. Alves gets worse every year.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Camp Nou live on youtube with him now!

He's such a weird guy... Just spoke to some chinese guy he called "meow" :lol:

F

Frejsgodes

Man sometimes we forget how good this guy really is. Best right back in the world.

hellsangel1

I like him, but he's realy not good anymore in defense. If he ever comes back to help defend, he's in the wrong position most of the time.

He seemed to do pretty well against ronaldo in the copa del rey. The guy is not at his absolute best but he's much better than anybody we've got at the moment. And much better than what most other teams have to offer at that position.

He seemed to do pretty well against ronaldo in the copa del rey. The guy is not at his absolute best but he's much better than anybody we've got at the moment. And much better than what most other teams have to offer at that position.

On form, Alves is probably the best RB in the world (especially when it comes to attacking). Even though his game against Valencia was meh, overall, he's been pretty good recently. His defending's a bit underrated (he was awesome defensively against RM), but rightly not what he's known for.

Last edited:
N

Noldorin

On form, Alves is probably the best RB in the world (especially when it comes to attacking). Even though his game against Valencia was meh, overall, he's been pretty good recently. His defending's a bit underrated (he was awesome defensively against RM), but rightly not what he's known for.

Best summary of Alves so far. He still deserves to start most/all important games, though I'd like to see Montoya eased in so he can replace him in a year or two.

sabby

Even though I'm a bit disappointed at him about his recent performance at defense, You just can't not love this man. Amazing :) Thanks for the video Jaden :)

Home of Barca Fans