Daniel Alves

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
can u guys think he can cop with ribery?

Good question! I wrote in an earlier post that I think we should go on full attack in the first game. Something like this:

Alves---Puyol---Marquez---Abidal (?)

--------------Yaya------------------

--------Xavi---------Iniesta--------

Messi-------------------------Henry

---------------Eto'o-----------------

(If Yaya, Iniesta and Abidal is OK of course)

I'm sure that Bayern haven't really seen so high quality football this season as we play atm :lol:. And hopefully we will stun them and win by 2-3 goals. In our home game I don't think that Ribery will be that offensive. But even if he is, I don't think that he will get much support from any other player than Toni (unfortunally, only those 2 players can become a problem for us). I don't think that Bayern will play 2 pure forwards and I don't think they will get much support from the midfield which will probably play more defensively. So imo Alves must/will be offensive. But in the away game, Alves should stay more defensive (also depends on the result form the first match), or maybe we could even play Puyol on the RB if we are up 2-3 goals from the first match?

maz

I walk the line
He means right backs. Perhaps he means best right back of all time. In which case he has to perform well on international level to surpass the likes of cafu (and perhaps carlos alberto but i havent seen enough of him).

shadows

He means right backs. Perhaps he means best right back of all time. In which case he has to perform well on international level to surpass the likes of cafu (and perhaps carlos alberto but i havent seen enough of him).

Maicon and S.Ramos are better than him defensively and are pretty decent going forward..But Alves is the best offensive RB!He's more of a Right winger :p

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Maicon maybe is, but I don't think Ramos is better defensively than Alves.
Maicon is crap defensively. Some Inter fans even think Alves is better from him defensively.
Ramos is best defensive RB out there. But overall it is: Alves, Maicon, Ramos.
Imo. Maicon is best offensive RB out there. Watching some Inter games I realized he is only 20% of the match in his own field.

IraqiCulé

Dani + Batteries!!!

[YOUTUBE]V9Z1v3RBaus[/YOUTUBE]

UEFA.COM interview (uploaded by Evil):

[YOUTUBE]ubr0aFXEQNE[/YOUTUBE]

MJ BarcaFan

Alves is our most effective RB for a long time IMO, more effective than say Zambo maybe bec. he is younger and more energetic plus he could take some free kicks which is some kind of a bonus.

Home of Barca Fans