Daniel Alves

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well, I can see the logic in selling him if we had a good replacement. But we don't. So we should keep him. At least until 2016 when we can buy a replacement.

Maybe they think ban can be reduced. Who knows what is going in their minds. At present they are probably just enjoying the vacation with the money they got from douglas deal.

Alarcón

Well, I can see the logic in selling him if we had a good replacement. But we don't. So we should keep him. At least until 2016 when we can buy a replacement.

Both our other right backs are better than him and earn a fraction of his salary, can totally see why the club wouldn't want him here next season

serghei

We put such a heavy emphasis on attacking that our defenders can't play because they don't attack enough.

Abidal was very limited in attacking prowess and he got on just fine. In fact, at one point we used him as our LB and we didn't have two full auto attacking fullbacks, as foreign as that may sound at this point.

We don't have two attacking fullbacks now either. Only Alves fits that bill. Alba is as balanced as fullbacks get these days. So, it's Alves as the attacking FB, and Alba as the more defensive fullback. As it should be tbh.

Both our other right backs are better than him and earn a fraction of his salary, can totally see why the club wouldn't want him here next season

Douglas? :lol:

Montoya hasn't been impressive since the first half of the 2012-13 season either.

Don't get me wrong, I know Alves is way past his prime, but at the moment we don't have anything better.

CatalinR10

Bwj9THZIQAApNL7.jpg

Zangash

Banned

I could see you being of the opinion of Montoya being better, but Douglas?

You're pretty much saying Alves is the single worst RB in world football with that statement.

hamedsr

xfynndz6.jpg

Dani Alves is one appearance away from 300 at Barça. Only one foreigner (Messi) has made more appearances than him

300 = Luis Enrique

barcanuck

Guys relax he was only crossing it because last year Musacchio scored two own goals for us 😎

Great game otherwise by Dani, I believe it was his pass that sent Messi on a partial break which ended up with neymar getting stuffed on the goal line.

F

Flavia

Lol rushed in here after I read this on some article. Why the hell would Dani lie about that?

Did he honestly not know? Either way, Dani better enjoy his last months at Barca before we unload him in June.

Zubi implied an agreement was reached. It might've happened after that Dani's press conference.

anguy

If they were better, they would be starting. How hard is it for you people to see that Alves is the best RB on our roster? 3 different coaches preferred him over Montoya and Douglas is nobody.

Home of Barca Fans