Personal Profile

Full name Daniel Alves da Silva
Date of birth May 6, 1983 (1983-05-06)
Place of birth Juazeiro, Brazil
Height 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Playing position Right Back

Latest News

Alves in an interview with Radio Guaiba de Porto Alegre:

"The truth is that I have not changed the way I play very much from when I played at Sevilla because I am still playing in the same position,"

"What happened is that with Sevilla they wanted me to push up the right wing but with Barcelona I have to be more balanced because there are a lot of quality players going forward.

"For that reason I do not use my attacking skills as much as I did with Sevilla."

Daniel Alves also scored his first goal in a Blaugrana shirt against Almeria with an excellent free-kick from some 30-35 yards out.

Evil

Shabazz
Yup I thought he would be poor in that area, but I like his stamina and agressiveness, he's back in defense in a flash. Hope he keeps up this form. (and he should take the free-kicks more often)

barSELOna

i wanted to see him at barca since 2005.He is the best right back in the world.

and certainly he will be better im sure

B

Barca Serbia

The best RB in the world.Excellent in defense,dangerous in attack.I think he's the biggest signing in the last transfer period.

Iniesta

Already starting to prove his price tag. Him and messi will only get a better partnership with every game. Best right flank in the world! Now to work on the left

M.L. King

The Preacher
Once again one of the best players in the squad. He is always smiling so he in a way reminds me of Ronaldinho. We're so lucky to have him.

B

Bardh

Re: 20 - Daniel Alves

I love this guy. Speed, agility, attacking, defending, positioning, crossing, shooting, passing. Everything is HIS thing. Now that Sergio Ramhorse has gone mentally bankrupt and that I've not seen anything late of Maicon, I can say that he's the best RB in the world.

barSELOna

Bardh said:
I love this guy. Speed, agility, attacking, defending, positioning, crossing, shooting, passing. Everything is HIS thing. Now that Sergio Ramhorse has gone mentally bankrupt and that I've not seen anything late of Maicon, I can say that he's the best RB in the world.

Yea somebody compares Alves and Maicon .Maicon is playing in Brazilian first 11 ! how the fuck stupid things !

M.L. King

The Preacher

Mate, Maicon is a very good player as well and has been playing very well for some years. He may not be Alves but he is not far behind. His performances in Inter have been brilliant this season and he is one of their best players. He and Alves are one of the best RBs in the world.

Home of Barca Fans