Daniel Alves

KingLeo10

deserved thumping for voting neymar as best player in the world in recent ballon d'or outing.

if anyone, you'd expect him to know better. was all time great, but barca helped him more than he helped barca.

khaled_a_d

He really is a prick and nowhere near the player he was.

Real exposed that in the CL final last year.

Just a mouthpiece these days.

He could be a nice bench player or good starter in France, but tbh I am not sure what PSG were thinking when they signed him from Juve.

xXKonan

Weren't PSG heavily interested in him back in 2013? I remember there was some uncertainty with Alves and PSG was one of the rumored teams that wanted him.

There were rumors Thomas Meunier was considering a move last summer as they signed Alves and we all know he isn't someone who would accept a bench role regardless of his age. Sure Alves was a machine in his prime but the man is 34 going on 35 soon, it's simply not the best move relying on him and potentially losing someone like Meunier.

Morten

Weren't PSG heavily interested in him back in 2013? I remember there was some uncertainty with Alves and PSG was one of the rumored teams that wanted him.

There were rumors Thomas Meunier was considering a move last summer as they signed Alves and we all know he isn't someone who would accept a bench role regardless of his age. Sure Alves was a machine in his prime but the man is 34 going on 35 soon, it's simply not the best move relying on him and potentially losing someone like Meunier.

Yes, but you see, he is friends with Ney Ney and a brazilian, this is project Ney Ney, expect more of this in the future.

Wallace

Dani Alves six months ago put Neymar in the pocket, had been making a wonderful tie by Juve being very decisive.

Obviously he can not be sideways in teams that play open. It worked very well in Juventus because it played of wing and had a whole defensive system that protected its side. Cuadrado helped him a lot. Offensively he's the best in the world with breaks.

Many question their going to PSG, but for a player who is going to be 35 years old, it may be the luxury of playing a weaker league to live in a wonderful city. Obviously it would be better for your career to go to City, but he's not a kid anymore. The problem is a 26-year-old player at the top going to hide in France.

Obiaseti

I think he could have had more to offer here and the stability and familiarity would have helped him to slow down more gracefully. Him leaving was always a lose-lose scenario. Looking like it was a bigger loss for him.

We needed to move on from him, was getting too old. It's probably for the best that he forced our hand really. Wouldn't be surprised if he were still starting for us had he stayed.

fergus90

Still a decent player to play in league games but at his age is no way at the level needed to be a starter in huge champions league fixtures anymore.

xXKonan

[tw]994010032349040640[/tw]

Had to be subbed of today and apparently he will likely miss the World Cup as well.

Suffered some Ligament injury in his knee.

Givenchy

get well soon Dani. he'll be big miss for Brazil at the world cup.

was watching a compilation of the last 10 years and damn, if only we could clone players. his link up play with Messi was 2nd to none

PhilS

I miss Alves. He is right up there with the very best Barca players in recent years, the archetypical perfect Barca player. I put him below Messi (of course), but I'm not sure if I would rate him below even the recently departed/departing Barca immortals like Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Masch, Valdes, and Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans