Daniel Alves

As a general rule of thumb I'm against re-signing ex Barca players (such as Thiago) but I'd take back Dani Alves in a heartbeat. The chemistry between Dani and Messi was uncanny (especially in the early years).

And who can forget that "assist" from Dani to Messi in the 2015 Copa del Rey Final.....lol!

Andrew M

As a general rule of thumb I'm against re-signing ex Barca players (such as Thiago) but I'd take back Dani Alves in a heartbeat. The chemistry between Dani and Messi was uncanny (especially in the early years).

And who can forget that "assist" from Dani to Messi in the 2015 Copa del Rey Final.....lol!

Yeah a truly incredible player. We are struggling to replace him to this day

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He might be playing as a midfielder for PSG nowadays, but I bet you he would still be a better RB than Roberto and Semedo.

Another player we've not managed to replace yet. Going from one half measure to another it seems...

khaled_a_d

He might be playing as a midfielder for PSG nowadays, but I bet you he would still be a better RB than Roberto and Semedo.

Another player we've not managed to replace yet. Going from one half measure to another it seems...

Alves was a horror show himself at the end of his last season, Juve was able to hide him when they played with 3 in the back but he it was still apparent he was a liability in defense.

RB was always our achilles heel but Alves came and raised the bar insanely, just to leave us in the worst era of RBs in modern football

EdmondDantes

Probably the best right back in history (club football), at 35 playing in midfield, after a 7 month absence through an ACL rupture and he performs like this.

Dani is from another planet as well, that close control and passing in tight spaces. Man Utd donkeys couldn't believe their eyes.

Sorin

Fuck it if he wouldn't perform better than half our mids. He's as slow as them but the passing is still superb. Those one-twos reminded me of our GOAT right flank with him and Messi. :worthy:

FinBarcelonafan

Probably the best right back in history (club football), at 35 playing in midfield, after a 7 month absence through an ACL rupture and he performs like this.

Dani is from another planet as well, that close control and passing in tight spaces. Man Utd donkeys couldn't believe their eyes.

True. I was surprised how good he still is. Insane talent.

PhilS

It was a really good career move for him to retire as a right back after that bad injury last year. Now that he is a midfielder, he might continue to play for a few more years. And play well.

Home of Barca Fans